How Intelligent are you? [Post IQ results here] (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
How cute.

I couldn't think of anything stupider than joining the Defence Force. Even contemplating it makes you sound like a 17 year-old runaway.

Maybe they butter you up with an inflated sense of self-worth so you sign over your life to become a de-humanised killing mercenary.
I was in year 11 at the time...

Edit: And yeah, paid for university and an officers salary with no tax is pretty stupid...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah, same thing here. I got 139 and 156.

Any IQ test that relies on time is flawed. Apparently an IQ test is meant to be independent of time, shit thing is they cost like $300 from a psychologist.

I got mine tested back when I was very young (8 years old I think), would be interesting to see if/how my IQ has changed

There is no online IQ test which is actually accepted by places such as Mensa, otherwise we would all be Mensan henchmen, cuz as was said.. Everyone gets 130+ in these internet IQ tests.
No they are most definitely timed, the questions wouldn't pose any challenge at all if you had unlimited time.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
How cute.

I couldn't think of anything stupider than joining the Defence Force. Even contemplating it makes you sound like a 17 year-old runaway.

Maybe they butter you up with an inflated sense of self-worth so you sign over your life to become a de-humanised killing mercenary.
? i dont see a problem with it, knowing full well that i am being paid to kill and be killed.

But yeah 127 was mine when i was tested. None of you retards have 140+ IQs

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I did it but they still never sent me the email. It's been a day. Stuff them.

Top Secret

HSC
I did it but they still never sent me the email. It's been a day. Stuff them.
Check your junk box.

---

To everyone, while I agree that free online IQ tests are an inaccuarte measurement of one's capacity, they can be useful for comparison purposes. Obviously, most of us would not have a true IQ of >140, but by taking the same IQ tests, we are able to compare these relative results.

pman

Banned
HSC
IE cannot display webpage, thought i'd just mention that a proper iq test brought me in over 140, a real one, not a computer one

Dx_God

HSC
those iq tests are like highly inaccurate and pretty much waste of time...u can just do alot of those type of questions and of course u can receive high scores. plus the first website u put down is a total waste of time since there are only true and false. (atleast there should be 6 possible answers and those questions are kindergarten questions...). if u are really have 140+ iq then u should spend ur time thinking about strange stuffs and doing some questions that is actually fun and worth doing such as einstein's question (odenko or something like that). if u can do it within 5mins then i would say maybe u are really smart. if not then it proves my point that the iq tests are a waste of time. [i'm pretty dumb and i did it within 5mins (4min 41sec), so relative to me u should be able to do it within 5mins since u guys are like so smart. i'll even give u guys a clue. think opposite]

o yeah and back to the topic. my iq is undefined (never really took an iq test coz i'd rather think about stuff related to physics and unsolved questions eg. meaning of life and coming up with my answers. not necessarily to be correct but better than doing an iq test for sure) and i'm estimating my iq to be...i don't really know since i think different to most people so i can't use them as a reference point and the fact that i've never done an iq test. (i think different but by no means, am i saying that i'm smart or anything. could be the complete opposite and i'm gonna go with i'm dumb.)

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
all you people are liars. 150 IQ is genius status

i have received a real IQ test by doctor and i got 162

HSC
how long did it take for you guys to get your results via email for the first one?
its taking a while for me..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not going to do them and IQ tests are kinda boring imo.

I had mine tested when I was younger. 128.

badquinton304

HSC
I don't think these kinds of tests are really accurate, ive done most of the internet ones, including a particular one that converts your score into a score for different iq scales (and the high IQ society one). My score for this one is 144, I can remember getting 126 on another 138, 140, 142, 150 sounds like a load of bullshit to me, they all seem to test different things some include memory, factual knowledge, fluid intelligence, short term memory (looking at a picture for 1 second and then remembering the patterns), word problems, some of them are culture biased, some may be more focused on number problems. Intelligence is too difficult to define let alone measure. These I hear EQ is the next big thing, but it seems to be more flawed and subjective than IQ. Tests categorise are probably more worthwhile but less specific, they dont give the finite number that people want to know when they think of intelligence.
Einstien is an example of a person who I think would not preform so well on an IQ test (160 is some guys estimate), he is a slow thinker but a very deep one, this is not really what an IQ test explores, but his intelligence has been proven to be extremely valuable.
In summary instead of trying to measure IQ or EQ or whatever becomes the new flavor of the month, just use what you have and start thinking about the big issues, all I ever got from an IQ test is a number and nothing else of value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)