How hard will it get? (1 Viewer)

kwabon

Banned
HSC
was nervous and a little excited at the start, but constant practice throughout the year made it easy for me, until harder 3 unit came along, and there was just a vertical drop in confidence for me after that.

bob fossil

HSC
was nervous and a little excited at the start, but constant practice throughout the year made it easy for me, until harder 3 unit came along, and there was just a vertical drop in confidence for me after that.

We just started harder 3 unit, oh shit lol

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
We just started harder 3 unit, oh shit lol
Hehe, don't panic. Even I freaked a little when I got into some hard 3U topics - it gets easier the more you practice (of course)

You'll be fine.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering where I'm up to in terms of topics completed. I've done Complex Numbers, Polynomials, Integration, Graphs and almost finished Volumes... with lots of practice questions in the holidays to go over and also purchase another textbook for harder questions.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh that's so slow Aquawhite. Speed up!

Nah, my class is half-way through Complex Numbers having just done De Moivre's Theorem.

My teacher also said we had to self learn Harder 3u... not sure if he was joking or if he was dead serious. Although that being said, in our class of 3, one is definitely dropping while the other is considering it. I'm here for the long haul however - so hopefully with my clinical accuracy, I can blitz past all of you in the course... content-wise and marks-wise! =P

h3ll h0und

HSC

Nah, my class is half-way through Complex Numbers having just done De Moivre's Theorem.

My teacher also said we had to self learn Harder 3u... not sure if he was joking or if he was dead serious. Although that being said, in our class of 3, one is definitely dropping while the other is considering it. I'm here for the long haul however - so hopefully with my clinical accuracy, I can blitz past all of you in the course... content-wise and marks-wise! =P
is that a challenge?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm basically going to self learn the 'harder 3U' topic as well - although I have already done the Extension 1 course so it shouldn't be anything too]/i] new to me. I guess the teachers will just have to help when I have issues.

Gotta get good solutions to some more past papers though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
h3ll hound, if you want it to be... sure, why not.

Also Aqua, I believe Coroneos has those past MX2 books with papers and solutions in them. Try those maybe?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
gahh you guys are taking 4 unit wayy too seriously, dont worry its really overrated. i would say the biggest mistake during the HSC, was that i concentrated only on 4 unit through the year. didnt pay much attention to my other subjects, and thats the reason i fucked up science :(.

hope you guys dont repeat my mistake.

good luck guys, not that you guys would need it :p.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't think so - just post the question on here, and we help! We're like a free tutoring service, sure we're a bit slow - but we're free.

It's like saving money on karate lessons by just watching WWE =P

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
tutoring is useful for me because my teacher teaches too fast.
btw, conics is not hard - its just tedious

K

khorne

The majority of 4U isn't hard...I mean, Q1-5 in the HSC are always straight forward, and 6 is only sometimes difficult...

7/8 is where the thinking starts =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)