How fast do you write? (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Idk, I tend to write less in English than in Economics and Modern in the same amount of time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Idk, I tend to write less in English than in Economics and Modern in the same amount of time.
I write more in humanities too. I wrote an 8 page essay on Christianity in less time than it took me to write a 4 page essay on Ender's Game.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Lol wtf, this is a true beast - no wonder you got the mark you did.
Thank you! Well yeah, I applied for my raw marks and it turns out I got 20/20 for both essays, so it was well and truly worth it! :)

ReNG

HSC
It's really quality over quantity.
I've written 8 pages in 40mins once and received the highest mark. I also wrote 10 pages in 40mins for another and epically failed it as i was told i had 'no fluency in my writing'

EDIT: I would write 6-8 words per line due to me excessively large handwriting in exam conditions

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
It's really quality over quantity.
I've written 8 pages in 40mins once and received the highest mark. I also wrote 10 pages in 40mins for another and epically failed it as i was told i had 'no fluency in my writing'

EDIT: I would write 6-8 words per line due to me excessively large handwriting in exam conditions
yes but quality + quantity is what i imagine most here are aiming for. When you've got that no one can really fault you, can they

ReNG

HSC
yes but quality + quantity is what i imagine most here are aiming for. When you've got that no one can really fault you, can they
That's true. =)

kBOS

HSC
N/A
I'm a really slow writer. Anyone got suggestions for speeding up? Is it just practice practice practice? Cause it impacts on my ability to finish an essay in an exam (as well as the fact that I need to fix my habit of babbling!)

ReNG

HSC
I'm a really slow writer. Anyone got suggestions for speeding up? Is it just practice practice practice? Cause it impacts on my ability to finish an essay in an exam (as well as the fact that I need to fix my habit of babbling!)
Grab an eraser, battery or anything small with a fair bit of weight and then wrap it around your pen using stick tape, masking tape or rubber band. Use this pen when you wish, i personally only use it at home because at school it becomes troublesome when you are trying to quickly copy notes from the board.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
The teacher would put slides up, if you copied too slow - you missed out on the information. Hence I write quicker.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Grab an eraser, battery or anything small with a fair bit of weight and then wrap it around your pen using stick tape, masking tape or rubber band. Use this pen when you wish, i personally only use it at home because at school it becomes troublesome when you are trying to quickly copy notes from the board.
This doesn't work for most people unfortunately

Lina93

HSC
Everyone has a different pace, for some people extra practice won't really make a difference. When exam time comes, the actual hsc, you'll realise that you'll be able to write a ridiculously greater amount then you'd thought in the times you'd practiced prior. Do practice writing your essays though as that'll help it stick in your head.

By the way, don't stresss, teachers often exaggerate it all, you'll know what i mean when it comes time for you to sit the hsc :)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)