how do u rate comerce @ usyd? (1 Viewer)

bottomsup

HSC
I'm not doing commerce at usyd, my boyfriend does, but I've always thought that the subject content at usyd is more theoretical than practical. To me, it feels like they've never updated the subjects in keeping with modern business practices (although I'm sure they have).

You'll get the same degree at the end of the three years regardless of the uni you go to.

It just comes down to preference.

lordesf

HSC
bottomsup said:
I'm not doing commerce at usyd, my boyfriend does, but I've always thought that the subject content at usyd is more theoretical than practical. To me, it feels like they've never updated the subjects in keeping with modern business practices (although I'm sure they have).

You'll get the same degree at the end of the three years regardless of the uni you go to.

It just comes down to preference.
So which uni do u go to? i presumeunsw?

anyway i think im leaning towards usyd right now (just a bit) because i found out transport to sydney to be much easier than unsw also saving me an extra $3 for the tolls if im driving

Does anyone hav photos or know links to photos of the faculty of business @usyd?
Im currently overseas so i wont be able to get bak for the info day etc (iv neva been to usyd before).

Last edited:

lordesf

HSC
Is it? Aww lol

any pics?

the interior is nice right? (beter be)

lionking1191

HSC
lordesf said:
Is it? Aww lol

any pics?

the interior is nice right? (beter be)
lol usyd exterior is a hundred times better than the interior... for the science building at least

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i kinda liked the old school feeling of it, its got wooden benches and the material on the seats is like a green patterned old style office look.

i've heard that the lack of AC is a problem though (according to UOW, lol it was listed as one of the reasons to go to UOW)

spence

HSC
I think Mereweather is shit, and you'll be spending a lot of time there. But the buildings shouldn't factor in to your decision imo

lordesf

HSC
alexvincent said:
I'd even choose Macquarie over USyd for Comm. Comm @ USyd sucks balls.
Had a face to face with recruiters from the finance industry. They tell me employers rate comm/business degrees as follows:

UNSW/MQ > USyd/UTS > UWS > ....
For real? can anyone verify this?

alexvincent

HSC
I'd even choose Macquarie over USyd for Comm. Comm @ USyd sucks balls.
Had a face to face with recruiters from the finance industry. They tell me employers rate comm/business degrees as follows:

UNSW/MQ > USyd/UTS > UWS > ....

lordesf

HSC
But umm i got a some answers from a friend's friend who did a transfer from usyd to unsw and gave e advice tht finance at unsw is 10x better becuase they do it in the 1st yr etc whilst usyd = 2nd yr, Is this the same for other majors as well?

Also i was told tht:

"at USYD once its week 2 you cant drop the subejct anymore which sucks if you realise you hate it. in UNSW you can go up to like week 6...... very flexible"

is this true?

Anyway the thing im worried now is tht say "IF" i transfered from usyd to unsw after 1st yr would this mean i start all over again in unsw? or wil they allow u to continue as a 2nd yr student? and is the transfer difficult?

04er

HSC
lordesf said:
But umm i got a some answers from a friend's friend who did a transfer from usyd to unsw and gave e advice tht finance at unsw is 10x better becuase they do it in the 1st yr etc whilst usyd = 2nd yr, Is this the same for other majors as well?
you can start your major in first year if you want to.

lordesf said:
"at USYD once its week 2 you cant drop the subejct anymore which sucks if you realise you hate it. in UNSW you can go up to like week 6...... very flexible"

is this true?
it's till wk 6 at USYD as well

lordesf said:
Anyway the thing im worried now is tht say "IF" i transfered from usyd to unsw after 1st yr would this mean i start all over again in unsw? or wil they allow u to continue as a 2nd yr student? and is the transfer difficult?
well, it depends on how well you do in your first year subjects. But if your UAI is high enough for UNSW, but you want to try USYD first, you can do one semester at USYD, and then drop it, and when UAC comes around they will only count your UAI because you did less than 1 full year

EDIT: no, you wouldn't need to repeat those subjects, they'd give you credit

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
does lots of theories which makes it bad?
Would you prefer to go to science labs to learn about economics? Or field expeditions? Commerce is all theory you dud.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
i can tell u one thing. My future goal is to get a CFA, and UNSW is not partners with cfa where as USyd is, and there are benefits, such as scholarships etc.. And so this is why i decided commerce at sydney. Overall it depends what u want to do.

Charizard

HSC
when will people realise which university you go to has about a 1% bearing on whether you will find employment, unless you study medicine or maybe law.

its commerce. It's the same shit everywhere, any decent employer wont give a fuck where you got the degree.

if you're too stupid to figure this out then by alll means please do go to UNSW. less idiots at usyd then.

lordesf

HSC
Charizard said:
if you're too stupid to figure this out then by alll means please do go to UNSW. less idiots at usyd then.
Well maybe cause im not the one with the pokemon on his display pic

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
the pokemon guy is sorta right, if wanna aim for a straight of CA or CPA then there is pretty much no difference going to UNSW of Syd, but then the commerce degree in UNSW is preofessionally recognised by CFA

Charizard

HSC
lordesf said:
Well maybe cause im not the one with the pokemon on his display pic
That's right.

You're the guy that made a topic asking about which girls were hotter between USYD and UNSW as a basis for the decision as to which to go to, when it's very obvious your a virgin anyway so it won't really matter will it.

THe more you post the more i hope you go to UNSW.

How you even got a uai that high astounds me, no doubt some sort of asian locked in a dungeon by his parents.

lordesf

HSC
hahahahahahahahaha thts funy stuff

Helz yeh when both uni r like almostthe same then looking at which has the htter chick definetly wil make the difernce, dude just calm the fuk down alrite, id much prefer to hang around hotter chicks than "hotter guys" if ths ur taste[stay away from me].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)