How did you go in your half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
English - 80% - probably top 10-20 out of over 100
Maths - 90% - 1/42
Maths ext. - 93% - 2/19
Physics - 77% - 3/fortysomething
German - 95.5% - 1/5
German Ext. - 87.5% - 1/2

And Modern was a crappy, averagish 74%, but I'm dropping it (most likely...)

My school is ranked 108, or thereabouts. Don't know what that means...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: How did you go in your half yearlies?

i went so bad. i put way too much pressure on myself and kind of burnt out because of over-stressing.

chem - 51/70, don't know ranks, but heaps and heaps of people got 40 and below. the top few were staggered heaps, highest was 64, then 60 etc.
english - 28/45, really bad but my ranks for the other tasks bring me up significantly.
french - 83%, now fourth, should be first.
mx2 - 64%, just horrible in general.
mx1 - 70%, worse than mx2. maths is my best subject and i came top few on both last year ='[.

i hate year twelve. i don't deal well with stress =[[[[[.

i'm also shitting myself that i won't get 95 now. i'm screwed.
My results resemble yours hermand, except I failed for the first time in the HSC in 3u maths (ranked 8/14). Even though my term 4 ranking compensates this, I can't become complacent again. I've also had hand tremors for a while, panic attacks and psychological breakdowns which I'm trying to recover from...I hope this makes you guys feel better:

Chemistry - 35/50 - 70% - Don't know rank, but I've completely lost it from my 1st ranking in Preliminary.
English - Finally edited 18/20 (either 2nd or 3rd), 17/20 (up the top somewhere).
Biology (Assignment) - 42/50 (3rd so far).
Biology Practical - 35/50 - tied 4th.
Physics (Assignment) - 21/25, 20/26 (2nd or 3rd).
Physics Practical - 28/50 (I am no good at practicals :(, and I was away on the day they did the striation patterns (worth the other 40%)). FML.
4U Maths - 2/6. I wasn't expecting this... Even though my ranking of 1st is gone, there is still room for improvement.
3U Maths - 8/14 as I mentioned, with a fail 46% mark. Everyone in my class was shocked when I told them. Even some of the top people failed as well, and there was a squeeze in 50s and 60s marks, besides my friend who got 80's%. So there's still hope...
2U Maths - Came 4th. Didn't take it too seriously, and this was my best result percentage wise.

If results haven't been going good for you guys, don't worry about it. There's still a long way to go for improvement...Just don't let it get to you. But now I know that my chances of my UAI aim is completely gone...Ugh :(.

Last edited:

jessiminica

HSC
English: 12/15, 14/15. 10/15, total 82% rank unknown
Maths extension 1: 68/90, 76% ranked 11/24
Maths extension 2: 45/60, 75% ranked 5/8
Physics: 69%, ranked 9/???
Music 1: prac 8/10, ranked 3/4 (i think) don't have aural results back yet.

Not bad, but not amazing

Kamal15

HSC

If results haven't been going good for you guys, don't worry about it. There's still a long way to go for improvement...Just don't let it get to you.
Whole heartedly agree with this one
its important to remember that in most subjects you will only have completed around 30% of assesments so there is still time to rassess and attack the last semester with some ferocity. Personally my results werent to shabby but it begs the question, Where's Namu??

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

My results resemble yours hermand, except I failed for the first time in the HSC in 3u maths (ranked 8/14). Even though my term 4 ranking compensates this, I can't become complacent again. I've also had hand tremors for a while, panic attacks and psychological breakdowns which I'm trying to recover from...I hope this makes you guys feel better:

Chemistry - 35/50 - 70% - Don't know rank, but I've completely lost it from my 1st ranking in Preliminary.
English - Unsure. Will edit.
Biology Practical - Unsure. Will edit.
Physics Practical - 28/50 (I am no good at practicals :(, and I was away on the day they did the striation patterns (worth the other 40%)). FML.
4U Maths - 2/6. I wasn't expecting this... Even though my ranking of 1st is gone, there is still room for improvement.
3U Maths - 8/14 as I mentioned, with a fail 46% mark. Everyone in my class was shocked when I told them. Even some of the top people failed as well, and there was a squeeze in 50s and 60s marks, besides my friend who got 80's%. So there's still hope...
2U Maths - Came 4th. Didn't take it too seriously, and this was my best result percentage wise.

If results haven't been going good for you guys, don't worry about it. There's still a long way to go for improvement...Just don't let it get to you. But now I know that my chances of my UAI aim is completely gone...Ugh :(.
+1
Just try harder. Don't cry about it, because you'll just sink lower.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Blargh...my results were very mixed - I went well in Maths (Ext 2 especially) and English, but I got poor marks for Legal and Eco (for what I've seen so far). I never balance my preparation time equally between subjects...

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

Whole heartedly agree with this one
its important to remember that in most subjects you will only have completed around 30% of assesments so there is still time to rassess and attack the last semester with some ferocity. Personally my results werent to shabby but it begs the question, Where's Namu??
Other then School Certificate and 2008 HSC, I haven't seen Namu post up any of his results.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

English - Unsure. Will edit.
Biology Practical - Unsure. Will edit.

Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you, you can’t do something. Not even yourself.
You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People who can’t do something themselves, wanna tell you that you can't do it.
If you want something go get it.
No matter how bad you muck up, the bestest way you can rise back to the top is to believe in yourself

omniscience

HSC
N/A

Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you, you can’t do something. Not even yourself.
You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People who can’t do something themselves, wanna tell you that you can't do it.

No matter how bad you muck up, the bestest way you can rise back to the top is to believe in yourself.

you are shit, accept it

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Blargh...my results were very mixed - I went well in Maths (Ext 2 especially) and English, but I got poor marks for Legal and Eco (for what I've seen so far). I never balance my preparation time equally between subjects...
damn. you obviously saw my results. i was pretty keen on keeping them a secret but i obviously didn't factor in the fact i actually know people on bos.

DGDG77

HSC
PD/H/PE 96% 1st:)
Gen Maths 93% 2nd by 1 mark
Food Tech 88% 2nd by 1 mark again lol
Business 72% around 4th/5th
Biology 70% around 6th/7th
English Advanced 82% towards the upper end

Overall pretty happy :)

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
damn. you obviously saw my results. i was pretty keen on keeping them a secret but i obviously didn't factor in the fact i actually know people on bos.
As much as I dislike it when people refuse to share their marks, I'll make sure this is our little secret...

Though what was so bad about your marks anyway?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

No matter how bad you muck up, the bestest way you can rise back to the top is to believe in yourself

Although you're right in some sense, the HSC isn't a dream, it's reality.
You're up against ~ 60,000 other people. If you fall, the rest of the state's gonna kill you. You can still do well, but aiming for a UAI of 99.95+ is hard enough as it is, without stuffing up.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
As much as I dislike it when people refuse to share their marks, I'll make sure this is our little secret...

Though what was so bad about your marks anyway?
that i so won't get 95 now =[[[.

they weren't too good. i came top seven in every subject except english last year. i've screwed up year twelve now. *has breakdown*.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

Although you're right in some sense, the HSC isn't a dream, it's reality.
You're up against ~ 60,000 other people. If you fall, the rest of the state's gonna kill you. You can still do well, but aiming for a UAI of 99.95+ is hard enough as it is, without stuffing up.
Who's aiming that high? The highest UAI aim I've seen by an 09er is 99+.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

The poster who you replied to (Exhaust), hes a friend of mine and I know he's aiming for 99.95 to get into Med.
Lol, Exhaust is on my MSN. Are you sure that he's aiming for 99.95? Maybe he was just being frivolous. He told me that he would be satisfied with anything above 95 but he ultimately wants 99+ because he believes he has the ability to achieve it with full effort.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Lol, Exhaust is on my MSN. Are you sure that he's aiming for 99.95? Maybe he was just being frivolous. He told me that he would be satisfied with anything above 95 but he ultimately wants 99+ because he believes he has the ability to achieve it with full effort.
What you'll be satisfied with and what you're aiming for is totally different.
I'm aiming for 99+, but I'll be satisfied with anything over 90 UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)