how did ur trial performances go (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
serenesorrow said:
Can't remember the exact marks.
Something like:
9/10
17/20
18/20

I thought that was pretty good for someone who hadn't learnt their pieces properly and sounded like turd on the morning of the performances. Improvisation owns.

i have so much respect for someone who can improvise...i wish i could *shakes head*
i stuffed up in my solo so i had to improvise until everyone in my ensemble got over it, and that was the longest 5 seconds of my life coz i just stood there and didn't play anything :D
but i got 17/20 for my core prac, 19/20 for my elective and 20/20 for my other elective
yay!

vicksta

HSC
I think with encore, they have to be very diplomatic when selecting performers, cos they need to have an equal mix of private and state schools, country and city, selective and non-selective. They also need a varied program, so its not necessarily all the very best performances in the state, they just basically want an entertaining program, also with a mix of music 1 and 2, compos, core pieces, extension pieces and ensemble pieces. So, i guess its fair to say that even if u do play really well, dont be disappoined if u dont get in, cos often its just luck of the draw.

skankit

theres nothing wrong with playing bass!!! its the best, i wish i could play it!!

besides, you can never have enough bass players, youll get accepted evrywhere!

screw encore, id hate to get into it! imagine have to keep practicing your piece after the hsc! as much as i love my pieces, its just overkill! i wanna keep playing them and stuff but never like seriously! ahh too much!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
vicksta said:
So, i guess its fair to say that even if u do play really well, dont be disappoined if u dont get in, cos often its just luck of the draw.
u are absolutely right.. coz last year the piano players they chose were shocking! no offence to them but gosh.. the others were real good though :) hehe

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
skankit said:
theres nothing wrong with playing bass!!! its the best, i wish i could play it!!

besides, you can never have enough bass players, youll get accepted evrywhere!

screw encore, id hate to get into it! imagine have to keep practicing your piece after the hsc! as much as i love my pieces, its just overkill! i wanna keep playing them and stuff but never like seriously! ahh too much!
agh no way, i'd play my piece over and over again if it means i get to play in front of an audience again.
ive gone into post public performance depression and all i want to do is play in front of people :D

skankit

i play trumpet :cool:

yeah i dunno, like i LOVE my pieces but i seriously cant think of anything worse than being like "right, hscs finished, now i have to do it again"

although its better than with drama.. like im WAY over my monologue already, i couldnt IMAGINE having to work on it for onstage... *shudders*

kylie_robbo

vicksta said:
I think with encore, they have to be very diplomatic when selecting performers, cos they need to have an equal mix of private and state schools, country and city, selective and non-selective.

But for "Country" schools, the furtherest west they go is Campbelltown, maybe Goulbourn at a strech... Doesn't the BoS know that NSW (and therefore the HSC system) extends much further than 2.5-3.5 hours from Sydney?

skankit

Crikket said:
when's your drama hsc? isn't it this week?
yeah its on friday, then my music is next friday. my sister did music and drama as well and hers were apparently on the same day :S

heh im such a bludger eh? everyone at my school does like phys and chem and im like "yeah... music and drama..."

its the best :) anyone else do both?

im scared about music! i took a break from practice after my trials, and now i cant play through my whole program :eek:

Thomas_wow

what pieces are you playing crikket?

im playing :
around the world (RHCP)
night in tunisia
medley of bass solos (mainly metallica) in A Major
own slap composition (sucks hardcore tho)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
shit damn, as i've said before, people who make up stuff and play it haev my utmost respect. (ie. thomas_wow)
i'm sure the slap composition doesn't suck!

i'm playing:
norwegian wood: (Lennon/McCartney)
latin groove: Victor Wooten
Sometimes i laugh: Victor wooten (i hate this piece, but my teachers are making me :()
i'm not obsessed with victor wooten or anything, he just plays stuff i really like playing :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
who's night in tunisia by?
i've heard that i think, or i could be off my face and actually have not heard it at all.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
skankit said:
yeah its on friday, then my music is next friday. my sister did music and drama as well and hers were apparently on the same day :S

heh im such a bludger eh? everyone at my school does like phys and chem and im like "yeah... music and drama..."

im scared about music! i took a break from practice after my trials, and now i cant play through my whole program :eek:
my friend does both and she's so stressed out at the moment, (because of drama, she has fun in music)

and don't worry about having a break - i had one and i want to get back into playing my stuff but hey! my bass teacher keeps on cancelling my lessons. i haven't had a bass lesson since last term. i think he's running away from me because he can't work out my bass solo :D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:

ARGggghhh i have 3 major works cos i do music, art and design and tech. I handed in my art yesterday it was all good, and D&T was crap cos i didnt get to finish making my product... and my music performance is in 2 weeks time! Thank god i dont do drama - dont think i can handle anymore practical subjects!!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
my baby sister KILLED the trials.....
she got lyk 97 in maths , 97 in bio n 90 in english.....n her skool had set extremely hard exams which i think i wud not have passed :rolleyes: ( actually....i think i wud have!! :) im not dat bad!!!!!:D)
moreover they had 2 do lyk 3 trials for every subject.....
but yeah im proud of my sister!!!!
she's gonna kill the HSC.....(hopefully!!):D

Thomas_wow

night in tunisia is by dizzy gillespie.
writing your own song isnt hard, i just sit in front of tv usually and stuff around and lots of things come to my head that i play...

and this is music forum elizabethy.... what the gay is maths?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
elizabethy said:
my baby sister KILLED the trials.....
she got lyk 97 in maths , 97 in bio n 90 in english.....n her skool had set extremely hard exams which i think i wud not have passed :rolleyes: ( actually....i think i wud have!! :) im not dat bad!!!!!:D)
moreover they had 2 do lyk 3 trials for every subject.....
but yeah im proud of my sister!!!!
she's gonna kill the HSC.....(hopefully!!):D
damn i wish i was your sister! My trials were really crappy - i think im going to fail my hsc.... but thats ok im so over it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)