how did ur trial performances go (1 Viewer)

vicksta

HSC
mmmm brass rocks!! piano is good too, though, but its just different. I reckon markers take into account the whole physicality of wind instruments, because, like u say, theres no comparison between the physical difficulty of piano versus brass.... hehe it was so funny, i watched my videod trial performance back today, i didnt realise i sway so much when i play, i look like the biggest tool!!!

vicksta

HSC
oooh forgot to mention, skankit, u said your diaphrgm shakes or sumthing, heheh my knees shake, which makes my notes shake.. i always get comments on my supposed vibrato, which is not actually intentional!!! I also get a really dry mouth and my tongue and lips get all sticky. My teacher gave me the tip of taking a bottle of water into an exam or performance with a bit of lemon juice in it. Its really good to take sips between pieces and in rests, to get the saliva going...sounds gross, but it actually works...try it!

MouNtY

i'm even more depressed now..........i just found out that my HSC music performance exam is in two weeks.....and i'm doing the four songs that i have to do and like.......7 other songs...and i'm havin a major stress coz my memory is so shyt.......i'm prolly gonna have a heart attack right in fron t of the judges.....i swear if i pass out i'm gonna laugh my head off (when i come to that is)...lol

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
i'm even more depressed now..........i just found out that my HSC music performance exam is in two weeks.....and i'm doing the four songs that i have to do and like.......7 other songs...and i'm havin a major stress coz my memory is so shyt.......i'm prolly gonna have a heart attack right in fron t of the judges.....i swear if i pass out i'm gonna laugh my head off (when i come to that is)...lol
yeah, i found out my hsc music date too! *panics*
we finished our trials last night, it was awesome!
i love playing in front of an audience... pity the hsc is only in front of 2 people.
i think my marks ranged from 17 to 19 out of 20 but congrats to the talented people who got full marks, i'm so jealous! :)

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
jus curious.. i have my exam on the 6th sept which is the first day of HSC music performance exams. do i get told that day straightaway that im into encore (if i play well) or do they let you know after all the exams are finished??

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
moon_styla said:
jus curious.. i have my exam on the 6th sept which is the first day of HSC music performance exams. do i get told that day straightaway that im into encore (if i play well) or do they let you know after all the exams are finished??
when people at my school got into encore, i was there at the music staffroom when the encore people rang up the music department and told them that two of the students had been nominated for encore... and later they both got in... i think they tell you later, not straight away cos they have to listen to other players too! plus comps.

skankit

Crikket said:
ps, moon styla, you have a really cute avatar! such a cute dog!
hehe man that IS cute!!!!

im sure they dont tel you for a while, like until hsc marks are out...? ahhh i dunno... i dont mind, im totally not gonna get into encore, i suck :uhhuh:

MouNtY

ok excuse my ignorance.......but what is this "encore" thing that yous are talking about?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Crikket said:
ps, moon styla, you have a really cute avatar! such a cute dog!
hehe thanks.. funny tho, coz lotsa people think its the ugliest thing they've ever seen hahaha

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
lol, it's like a ball off spiky fluff!

encore is like this concert in sydney where they select about 20 (i think) hsc kids who did EXTRA WONDERFULLY WELL in their hsc prac (and i think comp sometimes).
to actually be considered for it you need to get full marks. i think thats what everyone's kinda aiming for except me, i just want to get out alive :D
it'd be great if i could get in though...

MouNtY

do you mean full marks for the one elective? or do you mean overall full marks for all three electives? this sounds like heaps of fun...doubt i'd get to go...btw where is this held? and can u go and watch?

your_crutch

Woo-ish...had our trials yesterday and got the marks back today.

i got:

8.5/10
16/20
17/20
18/20

I'm happy with the marks seeing as there were a few stuff-ups.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
do you mean full marks for the one elective? or do you mean overall full marks for all three electives? this sounds like heaps of fun...doubt i'd get to go...btw where is this held? and can u go and watch?
i think u get nominated for one performance section thing.. eg. say u got full marks in the ensemble section of extension music, then u get nominated for that. but i guess if u get full marks for every single thing, well then u have more chance in playing at the concert i guess!

once u get nominated.. i think u then have to do another audition on a video tape and they pick the ones theyd like at the concert (which people go to.. so yes, u can go and watch), from the auditions. all my fellow piano mates so far have played in encore so i really hope i get in too :(

serenesorrow

Can't remember the exact marks.
Something like:
9/10
17/20
18/20

I thought that was pretty good for someone who hadn't learnt their pieces properly and sounded like turd on the morning of the performances. Improvisation owns.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:

mmm like moon styla said, it's full marks for one elective, but i'm not sure about core prac, can you get in encore if you get full marks for your core prac and you did heaps good?
it's usually held in february of the next year, so if you're doing your hsc this year and you get in encore, you'll be in sydney playing in it in february 2005.
i wish i could get in, but there's only been 2 people from my school who have actually made it in...and they don't take many bass players :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)