How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Helstar87

HSC
I agree, the catholic trial was harder i thought, lol i got 79% i think too! Yeah so this one should score better... hopefully! Oh if only chem and physics were as easy =( can't wait till the end of next week!!!

HSC
vaniLLa_554 said:
i thought the exam was good, multiple choice was easy.. the influenza question was crap, there wasnt much to write for 8 marks.. overall, i think i should get high 80s or early 90s
BIRD FRICKEN FLU...... Theres so much in the media about it. Might be just me, but I'm a news freak (read neally every news story on everything).

DistantCube

HSC
I thought the exam went well, a couple of interesting questions, overall should be a good mark though. It was a little too easy in the first half, I was hoping for some of my pet questions.

Bush Elephant

lmao.... multi choice was soooo easy.. 15/15 there... the polypeptide thing flew right ouf the window.... couldnt remember thow it worked... o well...

ahahahaha communication........ sooooooooooooo easy........ action potentials i knew (easy as) :D

lmfao i never disected the brain or even looked at it ! and it wasnt anywhere 2 be seen in the exam ! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SCORE !

pearso15

pearso
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
BIRD FRICKEN FLU...... Theres so much in the media about it. Might be just me, but I'm a news freak (read neally every news story on everything).
hey i wrote bout the bird flu in that question u could rite heaps if u mentioned the bird flu

danieljarvis

HSC
i thought it was a pretty straight forward exam, easier than our trial so thats comforting! figured some stupid errors i made after.. 85 n ill be happy.
locust was.. meh! could have asked some worse ones.. polypeptide synthesis i forgot the names of the process and wrote DNA Translocation for the first one, so close!! transcribing! :(

dimsims

HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:

Yay i'm not the only person who talked about the bird flu and how if they mixed the bird flu would be able to mutate faster. my friends were like"what?", and then my other friend goes "but you only get bird flu if you eat it". I had a vision of her trying to wrap her mouth around a seagull. I reckon i might get 50% upwards. In the trial i got a whole 27%. Yay for me!

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
WOOT i love myself sooo much, I am expecting to see a big fat 90% coming my way!!!

Digital_Spork

HSC
I didnt mention crap all diseases... for the influenza I said that if mutations continue to happen then it will be as common as the commmon flu :p (which has no vaccine yet) :p

lord chumpley

HSC
i swear, every year, they ask a question about cochlear implants and hearing aids in communication. a couple of the communication questions were a pain in the neck, namely the 'asses the use of micrographs' thingy. that was annoying . apart from that, i thought multiple choice and extended responses were way easier than trials. for the influenza question i bollocksed on about natural and aquired immunity and how mutations screw that up. i hate 8 mark questions.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
^^ Great paper, this one... well, better than I thought it would've been. I finished early and tried to check over but can't be bothered, as always >_< *should really check things over*...

I'm hoping for band 5...? (what raw score you need to get that?)

danieljarvis

HSC
i wrote about HOW the immune response detects antigens ( self and non self markers ) and then went into how we cant detect new strands etc, and explanied Tm (t memory) cells work, and why they wont work. and also went into why vaccination programs wont work. and why antibiotics dont work. how it is infectious. and something else i forget.

Götterfunken

HSC
some of the marks where crazy--8 marks for the bit about the flu? and that colorblinded was ambigous and confusing beyond beleif. and i didn't know anything about polypepties.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
ARGH I got owned in the written section. I think I did anyway.

Does anyone else think they put a great emphasis on The Search For Better Health every year?

lozz98

HSC
haha i thought the locust question rocked....bu then again i come from the country that had experienced a locust breakout a couple of years ago....which meant that i had knowledge about locust and wha not!!! SCORE FOR ME!!! the influenze question i fucked up, geez it was a funny response....communication questions were better then expected cept that i dont know wha action potential is and i dont wanna know now cause HEY! IM FINISHED BIO!!! YAY FOR ME!!! and the multi choice rocked....i know i made a few mistakes here and there but overall, great exam, easier then any others i done, lookin at about 70-80%, with a bit of luck!!!

Last comment: BIO IS OVER!!! GO US WE DID IT!!! YAY!!! *tear to eye*

divalux

HSC
*joins in sentimental crying* *wipes tear from eye* *remembers she wants UAI of 94* *cries again*

Oh well...i don't think I did exceptionally well but i might be pleasantly surprised. Congratulations everyone.

*leaves to prepare for fucking chemistry*

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
Does anyone else think they put a great emphasis on The Search For Better Health every year?
yehh, i thought there wer a lot of better health and not too many (if any) blueprint hehe

but still, *two thumbs up for the paper* definitely better than expected

Blackroze

HSC
The Locust question was encouraging you to adapt your knowledge... I thought the cow tagging one was stranger. Otherwise wonderful paper, thoroughly enjoyed it and the questions in "The code broken" were fantastic! Hoping for 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)