How can i b a mathz pro??? (1 Viewer)

triheart

HSC
I have reach from really bottom of my year group to like 20th place in mathz. I definitely need 2 aim higher because my skool doesn't have that many mathematicians so i consider out of the whole entire NSW i be like 200 or even 2000 =.=
I have a tutor helping me (1hr) but i always tend 2 mix formulas up. I do my ex i do my hw, I revise but its still not enough. Is there a guide or clue yu guys can give me? How to do extremely good in maths? Making notes? Re-doing Qs 10 billion times? or even revising for 10 billion hours? (sorry for exaggerating plz give specific real time ^^)
THANK guys for replying
(EDITED deeply sorry for the difficulty in reading the slang i used)

Last edited:

Just.Snaz

HSC
umm.. well.. it's pretty much "practise makes perfect" with maths so just do as many questions from a variety of sources and do it constantly... even if it's the same question with different numbers or even if you know how to do it, do it anyway.

HSC
I have reach from realli bottom of my yr group to lyk 20th place in mathz. I definitely need 2 aim higher because my skool doesn't have that mani mathematicianz so i consider out of teh whole entire NSW i b lyk 200 or even 2000 =.=
I have a tutor helpin me (1hr) but i alwayz tend 2 mix formulaz up. I do my ex i do my hw i revise but itz stil not enough. Is there a guide or clue yu guyz can giv me how to do extremely good in mathz? Making notes? Redoing qz 10 billion timez? or even revising for 10 billion hrz? (soz for xaggerating plz giv specific real time ^^)
thnx guyz for replyin
fuck i hate unneseccary net speak.
how is it quicker to write "realli" than "really"
it's ok when you use it to actually shorten something, but this is just shit

i say no-one answers him until he fixes this shit up?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
also, why don't u just ask ur tutor...?
and if ur 200th in the whole NSW, you'll be getting around a 98 for 3unit

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I have reach from realli bottom of my yr group to lyk 20th place in mathz. I definitely need 2 aim higher because my skool doesn't have that mani mathematicianz so i consider out of teh whole entire NSW i b lyk 200 or even 2000 =.=
I have a tutor helpin me (1hr) but i alwayz tend 2 mix formulaz up. I do my ex i do my hw i revise but itz stil not enough. Is there a guide or clue yu guyz can giv me how to do extremely good in mathz? Making notes? Redoing qz 10 billion timez? or even revising for 10 billion hrz? (soz for xaggerating plz giv specific real time ^^)
thnx guyz for replyin

U need ntural talentz 2 b a mathz pro. But 2 get bettr u need 2 practise moar.

ok back to human-speak, that was exhausting.
not remembering which formulae to use is a bit of a problem, but it's early days yet and you'll probably find that the more practice you get, the better you'll get at problem-solving (cause at this level of math, your ability to pick the right method to use is fairly important.

Just keep working at it, that's all you really can do. It's not like there's a magic maths wand you can wave above people's heads to make them better at it.

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
that was a pain in the ass to read. . .

sooo yehhh.
keep practising.
if you get formulas mixed up , do questions that required thoses particular formulas.

triheart

HSC
woops sorry, I'm more use to like chatting *msn language* rather legible for everyone these days. Deep sorry and i accept those criticisms that the shit type I did was hard to read and annoying. Thanx guys for replying it really helps. My tutor just normally says revise but what ways make it effective when revising? I do the exercise learn the formula and look over, should i do more ex from another txt book? or just practice and remembering the formula and the Qs i already done in my txtbook?

HSC
you should be able to learn the formula through the excercise.
if you struggle with that, make some flashcards or something with the formula on one side, and an explanation of it on the other side.
also i find that learning the derivation of the formula can help.

but like everyone else says, practise makes perfect. you should do the textbook questions, but these questions can only take you so far as quite often they are not exam style questions. i'd suggest you buy a past paper book ( either the success one or something like the phoenix topic by topic books) and complete questions from the topic just learnt.

-tal-

HSC
If you decide using the textbook is best for you, go buy Cambridge or Fitzpatrick. If you're using Maths in Focus, you're dead.

Go over those practice papers. And do more exercises to learn the formulas. Write them out when you're using them.

Last edited:
HSC
If you decide using the textbook is best for you, go buy Cambridge or Fitzpatrick. If you're using Maths in Focus, you're dead.

Go over those practice papers. And do more exercises to learn the formulas. Write them out when you're using them.
i only used maths in focus as a textbook and i got 97.
i dont understand why people hate it so much

triheart

HSC

Well my school is using that textbook right now and I should be saying goodbye 2 me Maths? Should I really get Cambridge? heard it's really hard challenging questions... and yeah i might get 1 more textbook to reinforce the work.

zzdfa

HSC
if youre getting formulas mixed up it probably means you arent really understanding what the formula means / why it works. try to actually understand what youre learning instead of going rote.

M@ster P

HSC
i only used maths in focus as a textbook and i got 97.
i dont understand why people hate it so much
I think he meant that if you just purely relied on maths in focus and nothing else, then your dead. I use maths in focus but when I finish the chapter I hit to past papers and I find that enough.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well, textbooks hardly indicate someone's HSC performance. You can still study with some mediocre textbook but still do ver well...because you may have done past papers...

triheart

HSC
Man, ok I admit i typed bad to begin with so get over it but what is important is do I need another maths textbook? Like Cambridge n Fitzpatrick? I keep past papers in mind but first i need to strengthen in learning the reasons for the formula and how i apply to get the correct answer

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)