How are you finding chemistry? New preliminayr students. (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Add me to the crew of its better in Year 12. I at least like playing with indicators in acidic environment...it's purdy!!!!

HSC
Just started the spheres of the Earth.

We're flying through the course.
spheres comes before gravimetric analysis in our book. We have started Metals and properties of metals.We are currently conducting an experiment to determine whether unknown substances are metals or non-metals.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
spheres comes before gravimetric analysis in our book. We have started Metals and properties of metals.We are currently conducting an experiment to determine whether unknown substances are metals or non-metals.
lol it was sarcasm, my teacher is so slow. We are still up to the first dot point of the syllabus.... like wat.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Haven't started Gravimetrics. Are you guys all using Conquering Chemistry?

We are flying through Chapter 1. Up to 1:13, scheduled to get an assignment/test soon.

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
I go to a tutor (PEAK) and we are learning modules months prior to when we learn them at school: It HELPS SO MUCH and I understand everything. Maybe some of you guys should try one if you don't have one yet.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I go to a tutor (PEAK) and we are learning modules months prior to when we learn them at school: It HELPS SO MUCH and I understand everything. Maybe some of you guys should try one if you don't have one yet.
What's the cost of PEAK's? Either going to need to go to a tutor or self-teach(argh) if I want any chance of doing good. Still up to first dot point of the syllabus ftw.

Eg155

HSC
I am thinking of choosing chemistry next year for Year 11 and I have a question. Do you think it is necessary to have natural talent in chemistry to do well in it? Is it hard if I don't have any natural talent in chemistry?
if u're not liking junior chem then you won't like senior chem :L if u're not getting the concepts then maybe rethink u're choice?

SunnyScience

HSC
I am thinking of choosing chemistry next year for Year 11 and I have a question. Do you think it is necessary to have natural talent in chemistry to do well in it? Is it hard if I don't have any natural talent in chemistry?
Doing well in chem is a result of hard work and dedication, as it is with most subjects. Talent plays a minor role. Do what you or think you will love. :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)