Hours in study for 2010 (1 Viewer)

dan2452

HSC
30 hours a week is absolutely stupid - as well as 30 hours per week of class time - that is absolutely giving up your life so that you can get a high ATAR. 10 - 12 hours per week is really good, including Any necessary reading. It wouldn't be too hard to get a 95+ with that amount of study time.

"Study smart, and when it is smart, study hard too"

Setting study time in hours rather than tasks will lead you nowhere.

jmann314

HSC
I'm going to do around an hour to hour-and-half on weekdays (excluding hw), and maybe 2 hours on the weekend. Around exams I'll kick it up to 3-4 hours a night on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends.

gniz

HSC
Didn't have a timetable at all. I just dedicated time to whatever came up eg. homework, assessments, studying for exams (although you should be studying consistently - i didnt).

I also got lazy at times..really lazy. Honestly, my weekly hours of study ranged anywhere from around 2 hours a week to 20 hours a week depending how busy things got at school. I just adjusted myself to the pressure (although you shouldn't really be doing that). You should work hard from the beginning and keep at it.

persiianaliity

HSC
about 6hrs+ per day plus homework and stuff, and like 20 hrs on a week end xD so i guess thats about 44ish hours ;D oh and i have a life, i see my girlfriend everyday :) its all good.

ATAR aim: 99.80

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL. Does this include homework? If not then probably 1 hour a day. So about 7-10 hours a week. It'll probably change as the weeks go by.
Er...I never really did my homework except for English in Year 11 and for Physics in Year 11 and 12. Only because that's when I had scary(ish) teachers that checked homework. No other teachers checked homework, so I er....never really did it. But yeah, despite the fact I ended up doing well in the HSC, I wouldn't recommend you follow in my (muddy) footsteps. Do well the traditional way (doing all your work)
ay this has got nuddn to do with the above quote but wat course u doing, like i can see it in ur signature but i dnt know what it is:jaw:
Arts/Law. Major is in Government.

your atar aim is 88+, 30 hours a week would be almost an hsc timetable. you'll get burnt out so easily
It's heaps more than my HSC timetable.

about 6hrs+ per day plus homework and stuff, and like 20 hrs on a week end xD so i guess thats about 44ish hours ;D oh and i have a life, i see my girlfriend everyday :) its all good.
Sorry to rain on your parade, Casanova, but having a girlfriend doesn't automatically qualify you to 'have a life'. *shrugs*

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You can't put a time limit on something like Study...Its just something thats independent...its different for everyone...You start it, and how ever long it takes you to do it (or until ur satisfied with the amount you've done, then you stop).

Putting a time limit on Study, just makes you more stressful-IMO.

Jack009

HSC
In year 11 i studied around10-15 hours a week and i was coming around last in chemistry, physics. My maths and english had always been good.

In year 12 i studied around 30 hours a week in the beginning and around 50-60 hours come exam time and my marks improved. Chemistry rank went from 80 sumthing to top 10.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
My plan is to come home and finish my homework, if the homework takes more than an hour, then continue doing it. If it doesn't, then spend 1-2 hours studying, plus an extra 1-2 hours studying maths (accelerated student :S I have my Maths HSC this year)

On weekends, it'll be maths, Maths, MATHS... And English tutoring >.>

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with Khorne, set things to do and do them in whatever time it takes for you to complete them.

Also with Cecily, studying for 30 hours will be a hell of a lot of the same stuff multiple times over and will be redundant and stuff. You'll run out of things to do very quickly.

The OP is 2011er so according to the Board of Studies 'rule', should be doing 15 hours a week of study (one hour in year 7 + 30 mins for each year afterwards, 5 days a week). Personally as it's only year 11, I would only study as much as you need to so that you have sufficient understanding of the course.

Don't try too hard for year 11 as it's only prelims, that said don't slack off and become complacent either.

Hope_

Hope~
HSC
My plan is to come home and finish my homework, if the homework takes more than an hour, then continue doing it. If it doesn't, then spend 1-2 hours studying, plus an extra 1-2 hours studying maths (accelerated student :S I have my Maths HSC this year)

On weekends, it'll be maths, Maths, MATHS... And English tutoring >.>
Argh! How do you manage with your maths??? I can't even cope with 15 minutes of Maths.

Oh, and how is our maths class going? Do they still play cards? Or have people started to work now?

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Hey hi!!

Yeah it really gets boring for me >__> But I'll just have to persevere.

Our maths class is a bit emptier :(
A new guy joined our class who seems pretty enthusiastic. And we did work on the first day :O Our teacher ACTUALLY gave us homework for the first time! D:

You going ok in Ruse?

klaris

HSC
Still haven't adjusted to senior school. Things will get easier/better.

Like most others, I probably just need to give it time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)