Homosexuality in Australia (7 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Studies done in Amsterdam in the Neatherlands, where gays can marry (I think) and aren't "unfairly being persecuted by angry Christians!!" gave similar results, and further studies relating to promiscuity among homosexuals (in Neatherlands) demonstrated that gays on average have many more sexual partners than comparable heterosexual populations.

The contribution of steady and casual partnerships to the in... : AIDS

Baptist Press - MARRIAGE DIGEST: New study: Homosexual men prone to promiscuity - News with a Christian Perspective

News from Agape Press
it takes time you boob!

meeatu

HSC
my house mate.
Hahaha oh joy, so much for defending the good name of the fags :p
Well... fuck it... Can I join too? ^__^

But honestly... Surely the correlations between engaging in homosexual activities and the use of drugs/participatig in promiscuous sex stems from the act that by admitting to being gay, one social taboo is broken already, and it means less to break another.

Dangerous as that may seem, it is the very essence of progress.
Nothing is achieved within the confines of what is acceptable.

Galileo reshaped our view of the world because he was willing to (quite dangerously so) go against the norm of the time and anounce that the earth is not flat and that it is not the centre of the universe.

If he had never broken from what was taught to be good and right to believe and then to say, where would we be now?

We need a little danger and a little rule-breaking in our lives.
Without it, we are still monkeys.

Titburger

HSC
Galileo reshaped our view of the world because he was willing to (quite dangerously so) go against the norm of the time and anounce that the earth is not flat and that it is not the centre of the universe.

If he had never broken from what was taught to be good and right to believe and then to say, where would we be now?
Believe it or not, some people still believe the world is flat

The Flat Earth Society

Its actually pretty damn hilarious hearing people talk about NASA fooling us all with ideas of a "round earth"

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Hahah funny how anything which exposes homosexuality for what it is, even as a service for would-be homosexuals, highlighting the dangers associated with the lifestyle choice is percieved as descriminatory.

US's National Library of Health;

Cigarette smoking among lesbians, gays, and bisexu... [Cancer Causes Control. 2004] - PubMed result

Gay/Lesbian sexual orientation increases risk for ... [BMC Public Health. 2006] - PubMed result

Gays are also much more likely to engage in illicet drug use.

Fucking lol.
I wouldn't exactly call the first link a reliable study... less then 1% of those surveyed identified as non-straight.

Of 44,606 respondents, 343 self-identified as lesbian; 593 self-identified as gay; and 793 identified themselves as bisexual (511 female and 282 male).

And the second one was from 1999-2002. Not entirely recent.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Studies done in Amsterdam in the Neatherlands, where gays can marry (I think) and aren't "unfairly being persecuted by angry Christians!!" gave similar results, and further studies relating to promiscuity among homosexuals (in Neatherlands) demonstrated that gays on average have many more sexual partners than comparable heterosexual populations.

The contribution of steady and casual partnerships to the in... : AIDS

Baptist Press - MARRIAGE DIGEST: New study: Homosexual men prone to promiscuity - News with a Christian Perspective

News from Agape Press
You call the Baptist Press and Agape Press, both of whom have anti-gay agendas, 'reliable sources'?

Fucking lol, indeed.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Strangers Marry After Same-Sex Couple Denied License � Pink BFLO

Strangers Marry After Same-sex Couple Denied License

In an act of civil-sorta-disobediance, local LGBT activist Kitty Lambert received a marriage license to a stranger named Ed at Buffalo’s City Hall today, after being denied a license to marry her same-sex partner. A small group gathered in the lobby before proceeding to the 13th floor. Entering the City Clerk’s office, Kitty and long-time partner Cheryl attempted to apply for a marriage license. Armed with the appropriate documents City employees informed them due to New York State law, they would be unable to grant them a license. As the clerk’s office employees gathered to watch, a tearful Lambert explained the benefits only available to straight couples with a marriage license.

With news cameras rolling, Kitty then turned to the crowd and asked for any male who would be willing to get married to her. A gay man named Ed stepped forward and volunteered. They briefly exchanged information and presented the appropriate documents along with $40. City staff verified the information, and proceeded to give them a marriage license.
Kitty’s point in approaching the City Clerk for a marriage license is that there is no religious basis for marriage, and it serves only as a legally binding contract in our society. Instead of being offered the ability to receive a license with her long-term partner, she was able to secure a license with a virtual stranger, strictly based on their gender.

[youtube]V5t233AUh8s[/youtube]

Name_Taken

HSC
lol that's what is used to be for most of european history. oh wait, did you not know that?

edit: eat this!

History of Marriage in Western Civilization
Still no mention of homosexual marriages tho, I wonder why...

Strictly speaking, "love" between two people is not required for their marriage to be legitimate, however one wonders how the relationship would work if said love was not there. However, even so, consent is still required if the couple were to have sex else ofc it would be rape. Only requirement set in concrete really is that it has to be between a single man and a single women, that is ignoring everything but the bare basics.

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Still no mention of homosexual marriages tho, I wonder why...
I can't answer why one particular website has no mention of it. Possibly because it wasn't as common as heterosexuality? That could explain it.

Just because something is uncommon doesn't make it illegitimate.

0bs3n3

HSC
lol that's what is used to be for most of european history. oh wait, did you not know that?

edit: eat this!

History of Marriage in Western Civilization
Yes, the high-classes probably used to do that. I doubt the majority of people (who were peasants) felt the need to marry for a business arrangement.

How is this relevant to the current context anyway? You want to revert back to this?

That's obviously the point I was raising.

Name_Taken

HSC
I can't answer why one particular website has no mention of it.
Yes, but did any European culture accept homosexual unions as legitimate, let alone as equal to heterosexual marriage?

Possibly because it wasn't as common as heterosexuality? That could explain it.

Just because something is uncommon doesn't make it illegitimate.
I have never claimed it is illegitimate because it is uncommon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)