Homosexuality in Australia (11 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Got2Kno91

HSC
LOL I don't think he wants to kill me..

I think he wants to disown me though..

Yes I have spoken to my dad, thank gods he didn't physically abuse me yet!

Phew...

I'm gonna keep it in some more, once I can move out, I'm probably going to move out..
Jeez, how are you really coping? It's one thing to express what's happening on the internet, but the reality of it's another.This sucks this kind of shit. I'm lucky I have parents who really couldn't care less.

Don't worry about your dad. HE is the one that needs to change! You should probably talk to some professionals, like the helpline you posted. Don't ever give up, I promise you in the end everything will be fine. Don't ever let the bad times cloud your judgement. You clearly seem like a good person, and in the end that's all that matters. If you need someone to talk to you can always PM me if you like.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ffs, can we get back to the issues?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dun wanna!
I just want to stop reading about this angsty asian retard

Got2Kno91

HSC
Oh please. I must ask, where does your hatred of homosexuals come from? All other christians/catholics/miscellaneous I know are more *tolerant*. I suppose some traumatic incident iny our childhood may have inspired such deepseated hatred of homosexuals such as myself. Of the 20 or so people that I have confide my sexuality to, I have met acceptance and respect. You sir, are a piece of work.
From what I can tell, he doesn't actually hate homosexuals, just the practise of homosexuality due to his extremely pious word by word adherence to Catholic theology. It's interesting for me because I went to a Catholic school, which included a quite Catholic biased education in SOR II, and much of his rhetoric about 'natural law' etc resonates with me. You and a couple of others have just rubbed him the wrong way for what ever reason.

At Iron: Where did your strong Catholic faith originate? Have you done tertiary studies in this area?

philphie

Banned
HSC
From what I can tell, he doesn't actually hate homosexuals, just the practise of homosexuality due to his extremely pious word by word adherence to Catholic theology. It's interesting for me because I went to a Catholic school, which included a quite Catholic biased education in SOR II, and much of his rhetoric about 'natural law' etc resonates with me. You and a couple of others have just rubbed him the wrong way for what ever reason.

At Iron: Where did your strong Catholic faith originate? Have you done tertiary studies in this area?
lol reminds me of SORI at school (i went to a catholic school as well but i'm agnostic) and my teacher who is what i would call an 'updated' catholic (she is indrebily tolerant and accepting of homosexuals and whatnot but still very Catholic) and she knew how to have a laugh at herself and her beliefs, she was our father bob. we use to have whole lessons dedicated to the question: did or can the Pope masturbate?

0bs3n3

HSC
lol reminds me of SORI at school (i went to a catholic school as well but i'm agnostic) and my teacher who is what i would call an 'updated' catholic (she is indrebily tolerant and accepting of homosexuals and whatnot but still very Catholic) and she knew how to have a laugh at herself and her beliefs, she was our father bob. we use to have whole lessons dedicated to the question: did or can the Pope masturbate?
What was the answer you came up with?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I think that's right. I can forgive anyone their sins and dont exactly pretend that i'm lightyears more holy than a homosexual. It's the pride and lack of contrition assosiated with modern homosexuality that gets my goat, I suppose. But I dont think the gays less human or anything. This other asian fellow is just clearly very dumb, as most of the homos happen to be in this thread.

My faith originated in the belly of the whale

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is why it's such a tragic joke that Catholic schools are run and taught by lay-people

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Let me ask all you heterosexuals here: Would you be able to supress your desires for females if something or someone told you it was wrong? ?
It's called the priesthood.

+stop talking to me. It demeans me to respond

0bs3n3

HSC
But it's a desire! A physical, emotional, and human desire! Homosexuals feel the same desire that heterosexual mals feel for femals,; and femals for males. I mean, are we expected to resist this urge just because some book tells us too? Let me ask all you heterosexuals here: Would you be able to supress your desires for females if something or someone told you it was wrong? In the end, love is all that matters. And that is how homosexual relationships are formed and what it is based on! Love! Not just sexual desire! I don't understand how mosexuality could be a sin when it is a simply a relationship based on love.

Also, must you use the bible when you're arguing against homosexuality? Do what your mind tells you for once! Ignore he holy book for 5 minutes and think for yourself!

Kik, and is someone dumb when they disagree with you Iron?
The point Iron is getting at - I think - is that homosexuality is lust, not love. Heterosexuals have to resist their lust at times as well, as proven by Tiger Woods, so I don't think you have a monopoly on that department.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure, but i'm not sure that I deny that homosexuals can have a deep, mutual friendship that could be described as some form of love. I only insist that it's an impossible love because it is closed to God, the Lord of all things. It is to construct a rival good to His, like the tower of babel

blackratpoo

HSC
someone close this thread already. the same debates happen over and over. i remember reading this shit a year ago. you cant change how people think or are raised so its pointless to argue over. the poll shows that our society is becoming more accepting. goodo!

philphie

Banned
HSC
This is why it's such a tragic joke that Catholic schools are run and taught by lay-people
Hey she's a devout Catholic!!!! and she was married to a former preist, so she's as good as any other nun out there, except she's even better because she knows hwo to laugh at herself

philphie

Banned
HSC
someone close this thread already. the same debates happen over and over. i remember reading this shit a year ago. you cant change how people think or are raised so its pointless to argue over. the poll shows that our society is becoming more accepting. goodo!
people love arguing, i'm pretty cure most of the people on this thread don't even care, they just like a good argument

philphie

Banned
HSC
Was married? So she's divorced. And she married a former priest? You mean an Anglican priest? If it's a Catholic priest, she led him astray obviously. I doubt her character and moral fibre.
her husband died you fucking twat, and yes Anglican, it's called ecumenism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)