Homosexuality in Australia (13 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Got2Kno91

HSC
Let's try to get some discussion, shall we?

I wonder how a homosexual orientation originates?

Some theories I've read/heard include:
*Pre-natal hormonal imbalance, in particular pertaining to Androgens [e.g. Testosterone) (most plausible in my opinion)
*Genetic origination
*That gay people were born with the brain of the opposite sex
*Lack of strong mother/father figure in life (I doubt this could have such a strong influence as to change something as innate as sexual orientation)
*Sexual abuse (bullshit IMO)
*A result of evolution which in fact paradoxically helps the propogation of the species (interesting because this implies that homosexuality is in fact not the result of a erroneous complication in development, but in fact is "supposed" to happen)
*A combination of the above factors

And so the inevitable question is, if a baby was detected as likely to be homosexual in the womb, and a "treatment" (e.g. hormonal) could be applied to "correct" the "problem," would this be immoral, a form of genocide even? Or would it be just like correcting any other "error"?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I dont have a father figure and im not gay.

Try again.

Got2Kno91

HSC
I dont have a father figure and im not gay.

Try again.
It could be one of the factors though. A combination of factors may act together to shape sexual orientation. Furthermore, different people could have different causes of their sexual orientation.

I must say that I too lacked a strong father figure for much of my earlier years. Although I doubt this was a critical factor, if one at all.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Let's try to get some discussion, shall we?

I wonder how a homosexual orientation originates?

Some theories I've read/heard include:
*Pre-natal hormonal imbalance, in particular pertaining to Androgens [e.g. Testosterone) (most plausible in my opinion)
*Genetic origination
*Lack of strong mother/father figure in life (I doubt this could have such a strong influence as to change something as innate as sexual orientation)
*Sexual abuse (bullshit IMO)
*A result of evolution which in fact paradoxically helps the propogation of the species (interesting because this implies that homosexuality is in fact not the result of a erroneous complication in development, but in fact is "supposed" to happen)
*A combination of the above factors
The ones in bold are the most plausible, and are not mutually exclusive.

That would be more relevant to gender identity disorder (transgender issues), rather than homosexuality.

Senator111

HSC
I just discovered this thread - bit last after 279 page! So I'll have my 2 cents and then I'll be off leaving you to continue your debate.

I have no problems with gays what so ever, I feel the wording of the question was are you pro-gay or anti-gay.

I have no problems with them as I said, as long as they do not want to get married or adopt!

Got2Kno91

HSC
Is anyone willing to voice their opinion on this? What if it were your child? We could seriously be facing a situation in the near future where medicine has such capabilities.

[From a previous post of mine]

"And so the inevitable question is, if a baby was detected as likely to be homosexual in the womb, and a "treatment" (e.g. hormonal) could be applied to "correct" the "problem," would this be immoral, a form of genocide even? Or would it be just like correcting any other "error"?"

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
A child with gay parents will be bullied shitless at school.

Just saying what would most likely happen.

0bs3n3

HSC
Is anyone willing to voice their opinion on this? What if it were your child? We could seriously be facing a situation in the near future where medicine has such capabilities.

[From a previous post of mine]

"And so the inevitable question is, if a baby was detected as likely to be homosexual in the womb, and a "treatment" (e.g. hormonal) could be applied to "correct" the "problem," would this be immoral, a form of genocide even? Or would it be just like correcting any other "error"?"
Probably would tbh.

Got2Kno91

HSC

This is because of the bigoted attitudes of juvenile fools though. If you were asian in say 1950's Australia and attended the public school system, you would have had the shit bullied out of you. Times have changed. I guess its only by perserverence that attitudes toward children of gay parents can change and become more accepting. Anyway, we keep talking in theoretical language about this, but there are already quite a number of gay couples (male and female) with children out there.

Boxes

Banned
HSC

how would people at school even know about other students' parents?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

So would the children for fat, ugly, poor etc. parents. And plus, they're only bullied because they're "taught" that homosexuality is wrong. Just like racist parents have racist children (though not the case for some).

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
couldn't that problem be solved if only one gay attended the evening?
What if other students asks questions about the parents of the student with gay parents? Like what does your mum do? Or how old's your dad? Or when tehy ask, "can your dad pick us up from the movies?" and the student goes, "which one?"

Senator111

HSC
That is all - I believe a union is between a man and a wom - didn't say I was against them having the same rights as as defacto couple - I'm all for that!

I also believe in a childs right to be raised by a mother and father - don't play the "their family may not be right" card. That is true, but there are thousands of couples wanting to adopt!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
That is all - I believe a union is between a man and a wom - didn't say I was against them having the same rights as as defacto couple - I'm all for that!
So you support homosexual defacto couples having the same right as married heterosexual couple?

I also believe in a childs right to be raised by a mother and father - don't play the "their family may not be right" card. That is true, but there are thousands of couples wanting to adopt!
Why? What about those in single parent families?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)