Holy f**k umat (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
btw i registered like 3 days before it was closed

i read somewhere that it was better to register late

so u get a later time slot
I got the 1.30 timeslot, but I would've rather 8am. Oh well.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought the test paper would be different for each session.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Then how can they scale us against each other? That's stupid.
ur stupid. the papers ARE different.
you are scaled against people who sat your paper and then its extrapolated to combine both groups. the assumption is that since the population is randomised the avg level of students in each cohort is roughly the same (might or might not be the case).
e.g. if you are average level in your cohort, you are probably also average in the other one and hence the population as a whole. get it? it doesnt hurt to think critically once in a while. there is no way they are going to allow answer sharing in something as important as the UMAT.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ur stupid. the papers ARE different.
you are scaled against people who sat your paper and then its extrapolated to combine both groups. the assumption is that since the population is randomised the avg level of students in each cohort is roughly the same (might or might not be the case).
e.g. if you are average level in your cohort, you are probably also average in the other one and hence the population as a whole. get it? it doesnt hurt to think critically once in a while. there is no way they are going to allow answer sharing in something as important as the UMAT.
But I'm not average. :p
Also, considering all of the more intelligent people signed up as fast as they could I think that benefits me being in the second group.

blackops23

HSC
Just to let you know, i'm not doing umat. A lot of ppl that have I've talked to have said section II is ridiculously hard. I don't understand why it is hard, I mean you just have to adopt an empathetic state of mind....

Just to have a look, could someone post a few Section II question, so i can see how difficult they are?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
But I'm not average. :p
Also, considering all of the more intelligent people signed up as fast as they could I think that benefits me being in the second group.
there is no correlation between when you sign up and which group you are put in. the allocation is random.

HSC
Uni Grad
Just to let you know, i'm not doing umat. A lot of ppl that have I've talked to have said section II is ridiculously hard. I don't understand why it is hard, I mean you just have to adopt an empathetic state of mind....

Just to have a look, could someone post a few Section II question, so i can see how difficult they are?
section 2 is easy as long as you're not a social retard

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. Section II is meh, because sometimes it's hard for me to empathise with people when I can't hear their voice.
Section III is probably my best, then I. I usually get like ~95% in the section III F2F and like ~90% in Section I and like ~85ish in II.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
there is no correlation between when you sign up and which group you are put in. the allocation is random.
My friend signed up early and is in the early session... other two friends and I signed up late and are in the 1:30pm session. Seems incredibly random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)