Hezbollah's Victory (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Riet said:
You realise they only did a prisoner exchange because it's a policy of Israel that anyone who fights for their country will always be returned to the homeland, whatever the cost?
If you read my original post, or had any understanding of this issue you would know that you're completely wrong.

The reason for this prisoner exchange was not seperate from the events of May, when the Pro-American government disabled Hezbollah's communication system, and pushed for the disarmament of Hezbollah. Israel is trying to disarm Hezbollah, not least because it would be less pleasant attacking Iran with Hezbollah launching attacks on Israel. (As you know the two are linked).

So before any confrontation, Israel would like to see Hezbollah disarmed. Militarily they failed to disarm Hezbollah (July 06), politically they failed to disarm Hezbollah (May 08) and now their last option is appeasement. Give them everything they want, and then push for the Pro-US government to disarm Hezbollah.

nagiha

HSC
Exphate said:
Any reason for this support, other than being another conformist to the "Israel is really evil" bandwagon?
Yep thats it. Must be Arab propaganda:D I support resistance from foreign occupiers. I respect those who resist foriegn occupiers who invade a country and their only aim is to uproot and kill.

Being Lebanese, I can say that the lebanese army is pathetic and cannot represent their people. Hezbollah showed courage and any clear-headed person will agree that resistance is crucial in lebanon.

nagiha

HSC
Exphate said:
Do you agree with all their actions, or just their "defence" of the nation, something that the armed forces can not do?
Of course I dont agree with all their actions, I would have much rather seen the two soldiers alive, but like Israel, Lebanon has a right to defend itself. that to me is a basic and elementary principle.

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
If you read my original post, or had any understanding of this issue you would know that you're completely wrong.

The reason for this prisoner exchange was not seperate from the events of May, when the Pro-American government disabled Hezbollah's communication system, and pushed for the disarmament of Hezbollah. Israel is trying to disarm Hezbollah, not least because it would be less pleasant attacking Iran with Hezbollah launching attacks on Israel. (As you know the two are linked).

So before any confrontation, Israel would like to see Hezbollah disarmed. Militarily they failed to disarm Hezbollah (July 06), politically they failed to disarm Hezbollah (May 08) and now their last option is appeasement. Give them everything they want, and then push for the Pro-US government to disarm Hezbollah.
Back to your first post are you really suggesting that if Israel gave up the sheba farms Hezbollah would suddenly declare that they will no longer attack Israel?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
Back to your first post are you really suggesting that if Israel gave up the sheba farms Hezbollah would suddenly declare that they will no longer attack Israel?
Hezbollah would defend against Israeli aggression on it's own territories and in the region regardless.

But what Israel was attempting, was to disarm Hezbollah from WITHIN Lebanon. Hence making it seem like Hezbollah was redundant (by doing the right thing by Lebanon) and making them seem to be a threat to Lebanon's security (sending mass-messages to Lebanon via pre-recorded messages sent to the phones of many Lebanese), they're attempting to make that point.

The funny fact is, in many cases those who support Hezbollah are the poorer, and those who live in the south. Most of which communicate by mobile phones. :p They got the wrong audience with their propoganda lol.

tinamatouk

HSC
sam, you seem extremely informed, i'm proud of you!
tell me why america is constantly backing israel and ensuring their safety? i know a little bit of the outline but i'm not completely informed.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
tinamatouk said:
tell me why america is constantly backing israel and ensuring their safety? i know a little bit of the outline but i'm not completely informed.
lol fake account praising himself.

Israelis are cute, hot and sexy thats why America supported them instead of supporting fugly arabs. Thats all you need to know.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
tinamatouk said:
Well for one, something we must acknowledge. All people have the right to be safe. Including the Israelis, the vast majority of which have done nothing wrong. We should never wish harm onto other humans, as it only corrupts our own souls. Infact, as a muslim we understand that in a war, even in the bloodiest of war, we should imagine those on the other sides are our brothers. (There are a whole host of rules of engagement in Islam on defensive wars.)

So to your question. Why is American backing Israel and ensuring their safety? That's the wrong question to ask. Considering we as people should ensure everyone's safety. What we should be asking is "why isn't America ensuring the Palestinians safety?" the answer to that is simple. It's the idea of opress, divide and conquer. Through the Palestine issue, America has the power threaten the sovereignty of Middle Eastern governments, Install puppet regimes, sheiks and kings. With which they exploit the Arabs out of their oil with. Any government which attempts to escape American profiteering by opting out of the U.S petro dollar is threatened with violence. That was the crime of former Iranian president mossadeq, and it was the crime of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

In short: It's a destabilising factor in the region.

lol seriously, it wasn't.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:

Israelis are cute, hot and sexy thats why America supported them instead of supporting fugly arabs. Thats all you need to know.
yeah, go and wank off now.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
sam04u said:
Well for one, something we must acknowledge. All people have the right to be safe. Including the Israelis, the vast majority of which have done nothing wrong.
WTF

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Israel is a fascist, apartheid, state.
It's illegally occupying Palestinian land.
It has utter disregard for international law, or world court orders.

But the Israelis (the actual people) you can't hold them to account. That's almost like what Israel does to the Palestinians in Gaza. (They starve them and deprive them of necessities needed for life.)

--------------------------
Israel O Israel

A nation of people born from injustice
Causing great sorrow in all civilized among us
You claim your only concern to be
Your security
But your true intent is plain enough
For everyone to see

There are Jews among you who detest what you do
But their voices are muffled and they seem to be few
You're proud and you're arrogant
Malicious and clever
You seem to think world sympathy
Is going to shield you forever

But the bed is too short, and the covers too narrow
You can't see the handwriting, for your scope is too narrow
Aggressive you've been since the day you were born
From the anguish and misery
Of lives you have torn

Israel O Israel
Where will you be
When the pages have dried
On your history?!

-Salaakhan

Charlz@ascsc

HSC
Sam, i am Lebanese and It is a disgrace that he is being praised as a symbol of resistance. HE is a criminal and was prisoned for murdering people. He is nothing but a symbol of terrorism and barbaric behaviour. The tissue of the 4 year old was found on the butt of his rifle so cut your crap about crossfire. THE true symbols of Lebanese resistance are those in syrian prisons who are there because they were defending lebanon from the arab barbaric oppresion and illigitimate hegimony...
Hezbollah are not fighting for Lebanon NOR do they represent Lebanon. THEY are an iranian poxy and are using lebanon as a battlefield to destroy israel...Most true Lebanese are against this
BTW Lebanes are not arabs

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Charlz@ascsc said:
Sam, i am Lebanese and It is a disgrace that he is being praised as a symbol of resistance.
Hello, as you know my name is Sam, and I too am a Lebanese Australian. Do I think that makes my opinion more valuable than anybody elses? No. We all have our opinions on these matters, and that's all they are, opinions. Your opinion is 'he' who I'm infering you mean Samir Kuntar should not be praised as a symbol of resistance. Is he though? Is he a symbol of resistance? What is resistance really?

You can argue that Hezbollah is not even a resistance force. You can argue Israel has not time and time again attacked, and impeded Lebanon's sovereignty. You can even believe in the boogey man. That's up to you. But that doesn't make it right.

HE is a criminal and was prisoned for murdering people. He is nothing but a symbol of terrorism and barbaric behaviour.
You see this is what absolutely boggles my mind. How can people be so hypocritical? How can you have such double standards? Your fellow Lebanese have been killed by Israel - and you're justifying it by not refering to those who kill Lebanese as murderers. Do you think Israel cared who died whilst tredding on the million cluster bombs they dropped in Lebanon. They didn't give a shit. They didn't care if they were "barbaric" or if they were "civilised", they don't care.

The tissue of the 4 year old was found on the butt of his rifle so cut your crap about crossfire.
Found by who? Let me give you an extract of the lyrics from a famous Palestinian group Dam.

"You want me to go to law?
What for?
You're the witness, the lawyer and the Judge.
If you're my Judge.
I'll be sentenced to life"

And as you know, Israel didn't just release those 5 prisoners. They handed over hundreds of dead bodies. Who do you think killed them all? How many 4 year olds have the Israeli airforce killed? I wonder how many of them are being held in Lebanese prisons. None. Also, this is under the premise that I believe he commited those crimes. I have no way of knowing to be honest.

THE true symbols of Lebanese resistance are those in syrian prisons who are there because they were defending lebanon from the arab barbaric oppresion and illigitimate hegimony...
What Arab hegemony? Are you completely bonkers? Arabs have no power even in their own houses. The Arabs are powerless. And if we followed your route, we should even throw away our sovereignty. The only time in the last 30 years the Arabs have ever had respect is either when Egypt took up arms, in the Yom Kippur war (as is called by Israel) and they left the rubble of Israeli tanks on the beaches. And Hezbollah.

You know the slogan I've heard arabs reverberate?
"3rab jarab" (arabs are a disease)
Do you agree with that? Are we so pathetic that we can't even defend our homelands or sovereignty? Are we so pathetic that we're not allowed to defend our men and women? And what about the Palestinians? Should we raise our noses to them and rebuild the "Paris of the middle east"? That's what we've been asked to believe. But should we abandon our neighbours?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PALESTINIANS DID? Some of the poorest people on the planet. When they knew Lebanese houses were getting bombed, they tried to raise money to give to the Lebanese. Some of the poorest people in the world, some without money to even eat properly. They raised money to support Lebanon. But you're asking us to forget about them? To forget about their plight? Never.

Hezbollah are not fighting for Lebanon NOR do they represent Lebanon. THEY are an iranian poxy
You are a fucking moron. What has HEZBOLLAH EVER DONE FOR IRAN? They've done nothing for Iran. Iran is doing something for Hezbollah, and for Lebanon. They're giving us an ounce of pride again, and ounce of dignity. The right to defend ourselves, and our interests.

If you are a Lebanese, you don't understand how hurtful it is for you to say what you have. Go and crawl on your knees, and pray to the Israelis that they wont blow you and your family up.

sams057

HSC
sam04u, how do you expect hezbollah to be a resistance force FOR LEBANON, when the majority of the lebanese don't support them, they claim to speak for the lebanese yet the obvious truth is that most lebanese hate them, you see it everyday they do things to try and gather support from the lebanese becasue they themselves know they are hated by the majority, they started the 2006 july war, then attmepted to gain support with the lebanese by re-building their houses, giving them shelter, food, etc., many people do not know this but hezbollah's ultimate goal is to govern the country, every single time they try and destabalise the existing government in order to increase their share/power in the parliament, well i say fuck them, here's an idea, maybe stop starting wars which kills thousands of people and displace thousands more, and maybe, just maybe they might muster some support from the lebanese

outlaw200099999

HSC
sam ur are totally correct with everything u hav said
but wat dese morons dont undastand is that the only terrorists
are israel and america. Both countries show evidence of massacring der own countries and people.
To me israel doesnt exist, it is not a country itz a country formed by a british dikheds so USA could win WWI for the allies. I hate 2 be rude
but id just like 2 sayy
thatt hezbollah is the best and most gutsy militia ever, fighting the most toughest nations in the world. Them with the help of syria and iran could create big things, even hopefully wipe outt israel and america off da globeeee

tinamatouk

HSC
sam04u said:
Well for one, something we must acknowledge. All people have the right to be safe. Including the Israelis, the vast majority of which have done nothing wrong. We should never wish harm onto other humans, as it only corrupts our own souls. Infact, as a muslim we understand that in a war, even in the bloodiest of war, we should imagine those on the other sides are our brothers. (There are a whole host of rules of engagement in Islam on defensive wars.)

So to your question. Why is American backing Israel and ensuring their safety? That's the wrong question to ask. Considering we as people should ensure everyone's safety. What we should be asking is "why isn't America ensuring the Palestinians safety?" the answer to that is simple. It's the idea of opress, divide and conquer. Through the Palestine issue, America has the power threaten the sovereignty of Middle Eastern governments, Install puppet regimes, sheiks and kings. With which they exploit the Arabs out of their oil with. Any government which attempts to escape American profiteering by opting out of the U.S petro dollar is threatened with violence. That was the crime of former Iranian president mossadeq, and it was the crime of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

In short: It's a destabilising factor in the region.

lol seriously, it wasn't.

i have misworded my question, yet you have answered half of it. thanks. however, i want to know why america does not support the Lebanese nation to the extent that it supports and acknowledges the israeli nation.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
tinamatouk said:
i have misworded my question, yet you have answered half of it. thanks. however, i want to know why america does not support the Lebanese nation to the extent that it supports and acknowledges the israeli nation.
With due respects who wants to be associated with a nation filled with sectarian violence? Lebanon is not the "beacon of hope, freedom and democracy" (as cliche as that is) that the State of Israel is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)