• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hezbollah's Victory (1 Viewer)

sams057

HSC
sams057 said:
hey i remember reading in ur profile that you're studying some islamic course...did u take it off or was i mistaken because i remember saying to myself, for someone whos got some relly strong issues with the religion, its a wonder hes studying it...unless i was mistaken and it was someone else?
thanks confirming it was you ari

sams057

HSC
sams057 said:
hey i remember reading in ur profile that you're studying some islamic course...did u take it off or was i mistaken because i remember saying to myself, for someone whos got some relly strong issues with the religion, its a wonder hes studying it...unless i was mistaken and it was someone else?
thanks for confirming it was you ari

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Wtf is this crap people are spouting :confused:

You can't deny stuff that actually happened. Like gee, why don't you go and deny that the sky is blue while you're at it, it's the same level of stupidity.

YO!

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

You can't deny stuff that actually happened. Like gee, why don't you go and deny that the sky is blue while you're at it, it's the same level of stupidity.
No, apparently the Iranians can 'prove' that the halocaust never happened. I think I heard the president of the Holacaust (SP?) denial committee saying that there was lack of proof for the halocaust, and hence it never happened. It makes me lol.

sams057

HSC
Slidey said:
By telling you that Holocaust denial is completely irrational, I am becoming Hitler?

You're definitely a few beers short of a six-pack my friend.
i didnt mean it like that, i meant that anyone who denies the holocaust has their right to freedom of speech and by you disagreeing with that ultimately means that you disagree with the notion of the freedom of speech (or at least for holocaust denial)...hitler was a dictator who abolished freedom of speech and killed anyone who advocated it and/or spoke out against him or his policies...did you see the connection i was trying to make? point is everyone has the right to express what they believe and/or think

sams057

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

wtff did i ever fucking say i deny the holocaust...fuck you for not reading...im saying everyone has the right to believe what they want and has a right to express those views...why should you be allowed to stop what other people say or believe...fuck you nanny state supporters, if there are people like this out there god help australia's future as a democracy

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sams057 said:
wtff did i ever fucking say i deny the holocaust...fuck you for not reading...im saying everyone has the right to believe what they want and has a right to express those views...why should you be allowed to stop what other people say or believe...fuck you nanny state supporters, if there are people like this out there god help australia's future as a democracy
No no, I'm not saying you are denying it, I'm pointing out the stupidity of people who do deny it. Because you can't.

I never said I was against freedom of speech, maybe you should learn to read yourself.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
sams057 said:
it does protect it to a certain extent...you can go protest against a political party without being shot...you u view holocaust denial as unbelievably inflammatory, however completely agree with the publishing of the islamic prophet as a terrorist and a warlord driven by sexual desires (to even draw the prophet is considered wrong let alone portraying him as that)...you view that as freedom of speech...i dont know where you get off on setting these double standards
I never said that, also learn what a caricature is. Holocaust denial isn't quite the same as protesting peacefully against a political party.

Where is the double standard? If those cartoons were drawn in Australia and published the artists would almost certainly get in trouble too. The funny thing is that Muslims cried out how they weren't violent and then bombed a Danish embassy.

ang3l

HSC
Slidey said:
The Holocaust happened. There's massive evidence for it. The holocaust involved the systematic slaughter of over 6 million Jews. Therefore only somebody who had an agenda such as anti-Semitism would deny the Holocaust.

Is this clear enough for you?
And how many died altogether? 11million. So Jews were only half of those who died. So why is the emphasis always on them?

Personally, I don't deny it. But it certainly didn't happen as they tell it. Just as history is always altered to fit the views of certain people.

http://www.harunyahya.com/books/social/holocaust/holocaust_violence_02.php

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
ang3l said:
Personally, I don't deny it. But it certainly didn't happen as they tell it. Just as history is always altered to fit the views of certain people.
You're right in one thing. The winners of war write history.

But if you deny the Nazi regime systematically exterminated millions upon millions of Jews, you're a moron not fit for the brain on your head. It's not like it's exactly hard to find information on the holocaust.... it's everywhere.

But more importantly, this debate has nothing to do with the Holocaust.

Hezbollah FTW!

ang3l

HSC
Sorry just had to add it in.. some were yearning for it lol

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
congratulations hizbollah for causing the death of 800+ hizbollah terrorists and 1000+ terrorist supporting lebs :D

banco55

HSC
I agree Hezbollah did much better then expected. The IDF aren't as good man for man as they once were and Olmert is a fucking vacillating idiot.

However I think Hezbollah is smart enough to know that they can't have a rematch with Israel every couple of years as it will cripple the Lebanese economy. Plus if you read what the Israeli military are saying they recognize that the big lesson for Israel is that you send in everything you've got on day one because by day 21 or so the US is going to force Israel to stop.

You don't bomb for a week and then decide that's not working so you send in some ground forces and then when that doesn't work send in some more ground forces like that Olmert idiot did. So if it kicks off again I think you can expect Israel to launch a large scale incursion very early on with heaps of tanks and infantry.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
ang3l said:
Sorry just had to add it in.. some were yearning for it lol
The Jews didn't win the war though, you mong.

Edit: not to mention Ze Germans kept records.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
'Israel threatening Lebanese by phone'
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 01:32:07

Lebanon's telecommunications Minister, Gebran Bassil
Israel has violated UN Security Council Resolution 1701 by penetrating Lebanon's telecommunication network, a Lebanese Minister says.

"We have assigned related organization to take all necessary measures to track and stop this frank aggression against Lebanon's sovereignty and independence," Lebanon's telecommunications Minister, Gebran Bassil said Thursday.

According to Lebanese media, Israel has penetrated Lebanon's telecommunications network and threatened people by sending a recorded voice message, saying, "Do not allow Hezbollah drag you to another war because you will be responded the same as Israel- Lebanon war in July 2006."

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and commander of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) Major General Claudio Graziano have received an official complaint about the Israeli act of sabotage, which is in violation of UNSC Resolution 1701.

Israeli war minister Ehud Barak recently said the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701 is dead.

Following Israel's defeat in the 33-day war it waged on Lebanon in 2006, the UN Resolution 1701 brought the conflict to an end.
Interesting.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Sounds smart. Not as extensive as China's hacking of Western computer networks, though. lol, the only countries they don't hack are the ones in Europe nobody knows about. And even those aren't all immune.

My point is, there's not much you can do to stop cyber warfare from another country except get better security. Anyway, in this case I think it was a good message. Except maybe the horrible spelling and grammar.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
Sounds smart. Not as extensive as China's hacking of Western computer networks, though. lol, the only countries they don't hack are the ones in Europe nobody knows about. And even those aren't all immune.

My point is, there's not much you can do to stop cyber warfare from another country except get better security. Anyway, in this case I think it was a good message. Except maybe the horrible spelling and grammar.
Meh, my point is they probably laughed their asses off. A typical Lebanese person would have thought: "Didn't you guys just do a prisoner exchange with Hezbollah? and begin talking to them in a fashion you haven't with a regional power you're threatening war with, namely Iran?"

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You realise they only did a prisoner exchange because it's a policy of Israel that anyone who fights for their country will always be returned to the homeland, whatever the cost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)