hey year teners, what uai are you aiming for? (1 Viewer)

HSC
kaz1 said:
That's their fault for going to an Agricultural school.
a very smart agricultural school..

who would like agriculture anyway ??

no offence to those who do

HSC
I think the main difference between year K-11 and year 12, is that year 12 actually counts and if you fuck up - YOU'VE FUCKED UP. I suppose you could repeat but most people wouldn't even consider it. Year 10 and 11 nobody really cares how good/bad you did because EVERYONE tries harder in year 12.

I've seen people who didn't care about school previously ow start to try really hard in year 12 and study a couple of hours every day.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
mythical chaos said:
I think the main difference between year K-11 and year 12, is that year 12 actually counts and if you fuck up - YOU'VE FUCKED UP. I suppose you could repeat but most people wouldn't even consider it. Year 10 and 11 nobody really cares how good/bad you did because EVERYONE tries harder in year 12.

I've seen people who didn't care about school previously ow start to try really hard in year 12 and study a couple of hours every day.
Well not exactly.... The years before the HSC are all preparation for you into the workforce. year 10 is very important for some (as they will leave into their profession)... I believe that years 10-12 are the most important.... especially years 10 and 11 because they help you get into good study patterns and you can get some good habits.

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Well not exactly.... The years before the HSC are all preparation for you into the workforce. year 10 is very important for some (as they will leave into their profession)... I believe that years 10-12 are the most important.... especially years 10 and 11 because they help you get into good study patterns and you can get some good habits.
you can alwas repeat and get a limited uai

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
you can alwas repeat and get a limited uai
Well, that sounds like a great idea. Why don't you first demonstrate how good that path is?

HSC
nah ill pass

mythical chaos said:

btw..lyouamu

i was replying to that so no need to take that attitude

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Do you do more work in Year11/12 or uni? Is it true you can get kicked out of uni for bad grades?

shimmer205

HSC
There is no need to swear at each other over a thread like this!

Anyway, it is motivating to set goals, but keep it general and be aware that they may change. And really, it is a bit arrogant to go for 99 or above at this point: you have NO IDEA what sort of workload that means.
Someone was talking about UAI calculators... you really should'nt bother with them at the moment, seriously, there is no way you can accurately guess your marks until at least after your yr 11 mid course exams. Probably later, noone in my year is plugging marks in yet.

Yr 10's, don't be scared because everyone is saying how much harder it is in yr 11... if you have the motivation and the stamina, you'll adjust. it's not impossible, and your marks will not drop by 20%, as someone was saying. It's just you have to work for your marks.
The reason there is alot more work is because you are expected to do your homework (which there is more of ) AND do assignments, AND organise your notes, make study notes, etc. Teachers won't make you (on the most part), its up to you.

Don't freak out, it's much more relaxed than year 10 I found (the teachers treat you better, you have more control over how you work). Enjoy the bludge of year 10, and look foward to a more challenging next year.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
mythical chaos said:
Oh my God...

[note to self] never post or read a thread for year 10's as they are unwilling to receive advice
I never said that I am unwilling to receive advice. I just said that anyone who has some advice is free to share it, and we shouldnt be judging the quality of the info someone gives based on their year level. Everyone is simply doing their best by contributing. :D

Anyway, it is motivating to set goals, but keep it general and be aware that they may change. And really, it is a bit arrogant to go for 99 or above at this point: you have NO IDEA what sort of workload that means.
Someone was talking about UAI calculators... you really should'nt bother with them at the moment, seriously, there is no way you can accurately guess your marks until at least after your yr 11 mid course exams. Probably later, noone in my year is plugging marks in yet.
Thinking about my uai motivates me :D I know there is no way to predict my uai at this stage, but it is fun to get the idea of what we might expect by placing our school averages in :D
Yes, we may be in Year 10, but the thread was created so we can revisit it in a year's time, to see what our earlier thoughts of the HSC were like :eek:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mythical Chaos: We are all on here because we appreciate the advice from the other users/posters. We are glad to get advice from those who in higher years because they might know more about the subject at discussion. :)

movies

HSC
I am a maths accelerant and am gonna do Extention 1 and 2 maths in year 11. Although i have a great passion for maths, i want to study medicine in uni, so I'll be aiming for a UAI of 99.5. Howerver, direct entry into medicine requires teh passing of the UMAT. This determines whether you'll get an entry into medicine or not.

HSC Subjects

Adv Eng
Ext 1 English
Physics
Chemistry
Ext 1 maths
Ext 2 maths

suneeta =)

ninja-esque.
HSC

only those who dare to fail greatly can ever acheive greatly.

:]

Schoey93

HSC
Sorry I'm not in Year 10. I'm in Year 9, but it's still a School Cert year so whatever :D

My most wanted UAI (need it to get into Law/International Studies degree) - 96+
I'll settle for...
90 UAI

And I'll be majorly pissed off if I get
anything below 80 UAI
:D Got to aim high! Otherwise I'll just get lazy.

MedKid

HSC
ok unrealistic is 98 lol gl with that
Realistic: Any UAI that will get me into Medicine

michikins

HSC
high:98
realistic:95-ish
low:88

i want to do arts (media & communications) journalism & international studies.

ahhh i wish i could skip to uni :)

rolror88

HSC
N/A
No idea how to figure out my realistic UAI.. but I'm my:
high: 99 +
low: 95 +

sundirtwater

HSC
here's a cliche for all yous...

aim low and you'll never be disapointed

x

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
sundirtwater said:
here's a cliche for all yous...

aim low and you'll never be disapointed

x
and where is that going to get you in life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)