hey year teners, what uai are you aiming for? (1 Viewer)

HSC
dux&src said:
i have a very smart teacher who got a UAI of 91 though he/she was from the country!!:p

passes in english, maths, physics ????? just a pass??

meh 99.5+ UAI if i get that i would be very happy!
yepp..just a pass lol

it would be quite sad if i got high enough to be accepted into comibed law..
but i really wanna go towards aviation which have low academic standards =.=;;

i think its like..you need a medical 1st class, something else and like a 75uai..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
shimmer205 said:
Dudes, how can you aim for a uai of 99 when you have no idea of the amount of effort it takes to acheive in yrs 11 and 12, and you don't know how you'll adjust to the jump? Don't be surprised if you change your goal when you get a taste for year 11.
Remember that the UAI is not the end of the world. Someone said that you have to think about your uai when choosing yr 11 subjects - I don't think that's true. You should pick the subjects you enjoy and are best at, because you can get a high UAI with any subject combination.
Exactly... the jump from year 10 to year 11 is going to be quite huge and our workload will increase quite dramatically. I am still going to aim for a UAI of 92.00+ it is my goal to get it or above as a personal achievement and it will make life so much easier to get into uni in my course/s.

Huynsta.

HSC
High aim: 99 :D
realistic aim (if i put in the effort): 95
Low Aim (at least!): 90

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
wow. All the 2010 HSC kids all have such high goals. Plenty of competition I see. Thats gonna be so fun

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want a VERY rough estimate of what your UAI could be... I have found a calculator that is pretty good. It works good and looks cool. You just have to enter the marks that you think you would get, or already have gotten. Maybe estimate from previous years.... I don't know, that's what i did.

http://www.alberteinstein.com.au/uai-calculator/uai-calculator.html

>> Use the 2007 calculator. It is a microsoft excel spreadsheet 97-03 document so make sure you have something that can open that file... :)

N.B. 2 unit courses are out of 100. 1 unit courses are out of 50.

My estimate is apparently between 87.60 - 95.78. I doubt it will get that high but you never know. As I said this is not going to be accurate too well because the numbers in each course change each year.... Anyway. Have Fun

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdsforever said:
wow. All the 2010 HSC kids all have such high goals. Plenty of competition I see. Thats gonna be so fun
Competition is good in many ways.... it gets the blood pumping and the brain stimulated :) lol. My aim is 92.00+. That's kinda as high as I think I can reach, so that's what I will aim for... anything above that is astounding!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
shimmer205 said:
Dudes, how can you aim for a uai of 99 when you have no idea of the amount of effort it takes to acheive in yrs 11 and 12, and you don't know how you'll adjust to the jump? Don't be surprised if you change your goal when you get a taste for year 11.
is the workload seriously a lot? like homework everyday, assignments everyday, etc? The seniors dont seem to have many assessments though. They only go to the hall to do tests two weeks in whole year

shaon0

HSC
nerdsforever said:
is the workload seriously a lot? like homework everyday, assignments everyday, etc? The seniors dont seem to have many assessments though. They only go to the hall to do tests two weeks in whole year
You'll see in year 11. In year 10 i did nothing and was going alrite in maths (~70%) then i came to year 11 with the same attitude of not studying. First test i got 8/45.
lol. Yea the workload is crazy. You'd better get ready for the workload in Year 11 compared with Year 10.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Competition is good in many ways.... it gets the blood pumping and the brain stimulated :) lol. My aim is 92.00+. That's kinda as high as I think I can reach, so that's what I will aim for... anything above that is astounding!
haha competition is fun, so long as people dont get bitchy about it and become rivals.

If you want a VERY rough estimate of what your UAI could be... I have found a calculator that is pretty good. It works good and looks cool. You just have to enter the marks that you think you would get, or already have gotten. Maybe estimate from previous years.... I don't know, that's what i did.

http://www.alberteinstein.com.au/uai...alculator.html
Thats a cool calculator. Thank you. I entered my schools average marks for the courses I'm going do and ended up looking at a uai of 89.55. This is going to give me the indication to work harder next year (above school averages), so I can get above 89. Good Luck to you too
http://www.alberteinstein.com.au/uai-calculator/uai-calculator.html

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
shaon0 said:
You'll see in year 11. In year 10 i did nothing and was going alrite in maths (~70%) then i came to year 11 with the same attitude of not studying. First test i got 8/45.
lol. Yea the workload is crazy. You'd better get ready for the workload in Year 11 compared with Year 10.
whaoo. Are you serious? That sounds crazy! lol but a teacher told me that for Maths there are only four questions. yeh. I've heard of students getting 70% in Science in year 10, and ending up getting 30% in year 11

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdsforever said:
haha competition is fun, so long as people dont get bitchy about it and become rivals.

Thats a cool calculator. Thank you. I entered my schools average marks for the courses I'm going do and ended up looking at a uai of 89.55. This is going to give me the indication to work harder next year (above school averages), so I can get above 89. Good Luck to you too
Thankyou... It isn't going to say that you will get this UAI but it is good to use as how much you might need to pick up your gain.... if you are below what you want well you know to try more... if you get higher... I would still work harder anyway, we are stepping into senior school and a lot more is going to be expected of us.

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Thankyou... It isn't going to say that you will get this UAI but it is good to use as how much you might need to pick up your gain.... if you are below what you want well you know to try more... if you get higher... I would still work harder anyway, we are stepping into senior school and a lot more is going to be expected of us.
is that including or including muck up day :p

i cant wait for that day..

HSC
Aquawhite said:
is that including or including muck up day :p

i cant wait for that day..:D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Ummm... including! :D lol.

At our school they go crazy... usually cross-dressing!

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Ummm... including! :D lol.

At our school they go crazy... usually cross-dressing!
lol yeah.

each year the year 12's usally draw oversized male genetilia on the front oval..and usually tradition to bring up a trolley with someone in it posing as superman and someon else pushing it along so it looks like he's flying :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I heard that in James Ruse muck up days, they release their cows upstairs

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
bahahah! OMG that would be terrible and would ruin sooo much expensive equipment. That's pretty stupid! For smart kids, that's really DUMB!

HSC
Aquawhite said:
bahahah! OMG that would be terrible and would ruin sooo much expensive equipment. That's pretty stupid! For smart kids, that's really DUMB!
if u went there, you would probaby understand that no1 wants to do agriculture..

REVENGE!!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
xXmuffin0manXx said:
if u went there, you would probaby understand that no1 wants to do agriculture..

REVENGE!!
That's their fault for going to an Agricultural school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)