help pls (1 Viewer)

Helpful

HSC
can’t you also just do a double major anyway for some things rather than doing a full double degree
Yep that’s right. For commerce you could do accounting and Finance double major or finance and marketing double major among many others. Personally I wouldn’t include science or engineering with commerce, double major done and dusted in 3 years is the way to go. UNSW Commerce is an outstanding degree, rates best in NSW.

liamkk112

HSC
also how much time would i have to change degrees
say i pick eco actuary cus its probably the highest atar req
when im in uni could i switch over to science?
What if the spots are full for science im not sure what happens then.
or what about future offer rounds if i change it then would the spoits be full..

idk if i will struggle with math i just heard its very hard (my math tutor said he dropped after second year and hes an ngo teacher)
its just going to get more abstract and more proof based is all. so if you could do well in proof in mx2 you should have the "prerequisite" for pursuing a math degree. all else you do applied math/stats, which imo is at least as interesting as pure math, in which case you learn less proof based classes and focus more on subjects like financial math, mathematical modelling, physical situations etc. there will still be a big jump from high school maths but perhaps less abstract in many classes

Helpful

HSC
Good call btw on not doing law. Heaps drop out and not many comparatively end up practising for those that complete it. You’ve really gotta love it to want to do it.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Pls help benefits of doing eco law

also what is science honors or maths honors idk what to pick ahhh

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
HELP

Whats the difference between bachelor of advanced science hons and advanced mathematics hons? (because one of the majors of science is maths..)
ANYBODY

idkkdi

HSC
Yep that’s right. For commerce you could do accounting and Finance double major or finance and marketing double major among many others. Personally I wouldn’t include science or engineering with commerce, double major done and dusted in 3 years is the way to go. UNSW Commerce is an outstanding degree, rates best in NSW.
3 yrs makes getting good internships v hard. u hit penult after one yr of uni so u kinda have to be gunning from the start.
usyd has better finance courses imo

Pls help benefits of doing eco law

also what is science honors or maths honors idk what to pick ahhh
if i could restart uni i would strongly consider doing eco law, but usyd cutoff is above ur atar afaik

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
also im bad at maths i wont be able to cope i heard it becomes hell in second year so im thinking abt the other options like science or actuary tho thats hard too idfk
as long as you got e4's, i think you'll cope

idkkdi

HSC
wait why pls tell me
nah but my cutoff is a 98 atar cus of a scheme im eligible for
u can also consider doing law/sci (biochem or whatever), and change degrees later on. can also try gamsatting/ucat transferring, though law might destroy your wam
because it’s better, especially from employers perspective
interested in both. and eco, if ur in 1st class hons range (which doesnt seem very difficult from what ive seen), gives a good fall back plan of an rba job
as long as you got e4's, i think you'll cope
normal maths yes. advanced maths, e4 doesnt equate to coping. advanced maths is a grind 2nd yr onwards and u kinda need to like it, or ull likely just drop and go do sth easier like cs which gives similar job opps

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
u can also consider doing law/sci (biochem or whatever), and change degrees later on. can also try gamsatting/ucat transferring, though law might destroy your wam

interested in both. and eco, if ur in 1st class hons range (which doesnt seem very difficult from what ive seen), gives a good fall back plan of an rba job

normal maths yes. advanced maths, e4 doesnt equate to coping. advanced maths is a grind 2nd yr onwards and u kinda need to like it, or ull likely just drop and go do sth easier like cs which gives similar job opps
What course do u do

Helpful

HSC
Law degrees look good on a CV if you don’t want to do Law but want to enter the business field, makes you stand out vs comm/eco grads. However, the extra 2 year grind is simply not worth it (extra hecs debt, lost earnings for 2 years etc).

If you want to be a Lawyer, doesn’t really matter what you pair it with although Commerce / eco is the strongest pairing.

if you want to be an engineer or work in the science field, don’t do Law, it doesn’t make you stand out, it makes you look confused to the employer. “So why are you applying for this job, don’t you want to be a lawyer ? Type of questions.

As for science / eco or engineering/ eco they just don’t make sense as a pairing and it’s 6 years at uni if done with engineering.

every additional year at uni you forgo $80k in earnings plus you accrue HECS debt. If you’re interested in eco/commerce just do that and get out of uni in 3 years and start making bank.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
HELP

Whats the difference between bachelor of advanced science hons and advanced mathematics hons? (because one of the majors of science is maths..)
ANYBODY
advanced maths just designed for ppl who just want to pick all the "optimal" courses for a honours, in adv science u just get the bare min. for ur major and ur expected to choose ur lvl 3 math electives by urself (the shit that determines if u can acc proceed to hons and what type of maths hons u can do for adv science)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)