Have I no longer a chance at a band 6 ? (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
hey guys

stressed about this. had my maths half yearly exam 3 weeks ago. just got results back yesterday. i got 70%, not sure about the rank, but i got in the mid 90s for the first assessment - however, this assessment we just did is worth 25%!! and the first one was only worth 10%! so what im asking is, do i still have a chance at a band 6 for maths (2U).

thanks!

Tofuu

HSC
it still all depends on your ranking at the moment, i'm assuming you have a pretty decent ranking from your first assessment, but how did your mark fair against others for the second assessment, if the test was hard and everyone got a mark around yours, then i'm sure you can still get a band 6.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
you'll only really know after trials, but lay your foundations now. your marks seem decent enough for 2U, and it scales really well anyway [the state avg. is around a high band 4]. so yes, you still do have a chance at a band 6 at this point.

student6625

HSC
You really don't have to worry. I know someone who got 20% for her half yearly maths exam (because she was really sick on that day or something) and still got a 94 (band 6) for her HSC. However, she did get nearly 90% for her trials (raw mark) so you do need to do well there in order to get a high assessment mark.

Eddykungfu

HSC
i got around 82~90% for each assess/exam and achieved 88

but i screweeeed up the finals for mathsss

im sure you'll be fine

3u maths i got 60% first assess lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)