Has anyone with 98UAI or less ever made it into med.. (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
its kinda like how i got into law at uow with an 87...
i love the eas scheme
Does that give you extra 5 pts or something?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i had a uai of 99.65 and a umat of 267 and i'm 5th generation australian and very outgoing
not sure wat i did wrong, but they must have hated me in the interview (which went for 75 mins) - so the interview does matter a lot
if your uai is going to be high, focus on the interview, i didn't prepare for the interview at all, which was probly a dumb thing and it shows that the marks arn't everything. although the fact that i wasn't actually committed to medicine nor did i have a passion for it was i'm sure, extremely evident in the interview. so as long as it is wat u really really want to do, just prepare a bit for the interview and the rest should come naturally.

best of luck

(enjoy your lifetime of study :p)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Whoa, nice scores there Gordo (both uai and umat). Yeh i know what u mean, like another girl on these forums got ~97.75 and 130 on umat and made it into unsw unbonded. So i guess interview counts heaps. Did u apply for any interstate unis?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
nup

like i said, i wasn't that dedicated, i just wanted to see if i'd get in :)

haha it was funny, they go so wat will u do if u don;t get into med here, hav u applied to any other unis?
and i said, nar not really, i heard unsw had a great faculty blah blah and if i don;t get in i'll do aerospace engineering at usyd and then maybe transfer next yr

haha...how convincing

edit: oh, yeh i did apply to newcastle and got an interview, but i didn't go :eek:

Melkor

gordo said:
i had a uai of 99.65 and a umat of 267 and i'm 5th generation australian and very outgoing
not sure wat i did wrong, but they must have hated me in the interview (which went for 75 mins) - so the interview does matter a lot
if your uai is going to be high, focus on the interview, i didn't prepare for the interview at all, which was probly a dumb thing and it shows that the marks arn't everything. although the fact that i wasn't actually committed to medicine nor did i have a passion for it was i'm sure, extremely evident in the interview. so as long as it is wat u really really want to do, just prepare a bit for the interview and the rest should come naturally.

best of luck

(enjoy your lifetime of study :p)
hey gordo is taht 267 as a percentile or as a mark in the umat?

i got in with 99.05 and 189 mark on umat.

Melkor

wish i could find my results form to tell you my percentile, only remember my mark tho

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Combined Law / Aeronautical Space Eng @ USYD - that sounds like one bloody hectic course....

and Bob.J, they are annoying so i'm gonna hav a cry about it n then i annoy ppl n the cycle goes on - hm maybe i should send them private msgs instead... well some1s gotta tell em. call me a dickhead, watever shmatever
NEWAY

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
jang said:
Combined Law / Aeronautical Space Eng @ USYD - that sounds like one bloody hectic course....

and Bob.J, they are annoying so i'm gonna hav a cry about it n then i annoy ppl n the cycle goes on - hm maybe i should send them private msgs instead... well some1s gotta tell em. call me a dickhead, watever shmatever
NEWAY
yeah prolly..

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Lexicographer did Bionanotechnology and International Studies (Japan), didn't he?

What are the average (or simply indicative examples) of UAI/UMAT combos for those who gain entry via RSES? (Rural Student Entry Scheme) Probably a stupid question, but what is EAS?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I did BSc BA Int St (Nanotechnology, Japan) at UTS.

My 2003 UAI was 79.10

My 2004 TPS (for UWA) was 5.75

My 2004 UMAT scores were 61, 69, 76 (collectively 206)

My interview rank at UWA was 61, but one more point would have pushed me up to 69 or something - so I was at the border between bottom of top third and top of bottom third.

sovietski

HSC
I have known a number of people who have got in on about 95.5 on regular entry.

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
at UNSW?
just wondering.. cuz all those UNSW med ppl i saw, dey are like 99.9+ lol :(
So do you want to do Law, or Med, FF?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
so I was at the border between bottom of top third and top of bottom third.
non sequitur?

how does one be at the bottom of the top third and the top of the bottom third without being in the middle third robert? ;)

FinalFantasy

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Interesting.
hehe, it's not dat interesting, i know a few friends with same preferences as me already:p
and also quite a few ppl from here would've had my preferences...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Frigid said:
non sequitur?

how does one be at the bottom of the top third and the top of the bottom third without being in the middle third robert? ;)
cut him some slack!
its robert.. he was too busy trying to figure which grotesque disease to put in his avatar.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)