HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

kirabolton

HSC
Argonaut said:
Hey, I just got struck by a thought ... what if RAB isn't Regulus? What if RAB is ... Amy Benson, the girl Voldemort terrorised in the Cave? She suffered a wrong-doing at the hands of Riddle, she knew him personally and she knew about the Cave. But before you chuck my theory out the window because she doesn't have a name beginnng with 'R', what if Tom Riddle wasn't the only magic-user at the orphanage? If Tom Riddle's name had been Marvolo Tom Riddle (as opposed to Tom Marvolo) the people at the orphanage would probably have called him by his more common name. So the same goes for Amy Benson: what if she had a weird/unpronouncable wizarding name beginning with 'R' but since her middle name is Amy the orphanage staff simply called her by her middle name?
i think that's a pretty genius idea and i think it just depends on what importance this person has to the plot. I mean - when a really important character is introduced she doesn't usually make small insignificant references to them in another book. but i like the idea.

jennylim

HSC
this theory has been tossed around on the sugarquill forums...

how about R Amelia Bones as RAB? she's certainly smart enough...admittedly she wouldn't call voldie "the dark lord"...but who knows.

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Hmm i still think its regulus, there was a heavy locket in Grimmauld place, as i quoted from OotP before and the message in the locket says that he basically knows he'll be dead when someone reads what he wrote. I think this because Harry cant spend too long figuring out who RAB is, he's still got the other Horcruxes to find...

As for the part where Rufus says someone stupified a death eater, that does raise a little interest. I read somewhere that JK said the characters will use time turners again, perhaps they had to change something?

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
we will also be almost halfway through uni, (for those doing 3 or 4 years)

can't wait!!

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
miss_gtr said:
lol we'll have uni by then.. knowing our luck, it'll be during exams time.
she does tend to release it around late june/ early july so heee....it'll probably be during the holidays ^^

funniboi

HSC
has she announced what she think the next book title will be called ? :)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
she said she has bits and pieces of it written

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
dont think she would give that away either... considering the type of name the last chapter of this book was called...

perhaps something to do with the war? Harry potter and the final...war/prophecy/journey/battle

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
she said a while back that the last word of book 7 will be "scar" ...

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yeah, but not enought o give the book a name. And even though she wrote the last chapter of it before she began Book I, Rowling still admits it might need heavey re-writes, but all the important stuff is there.
She hasnt written the book, and she will start writing the next book, next year...

But she does know what all the books are called including the seventh, i read it somewhere and she definetly knows what its called... She just wont tell us the name until she's probably finished the book...

She did say she'll probably rewrite the last chapter, but the last word is still 'scar' for now...

So many many days to go before the next book comes out, and i want to know what side Snape is on, its driving me up the wall :p

scoby_2000

HSC
MajinR said:
She hasnt written the book, and she will start writing the next book, next year...

But she does know what all the books are called including the seventh, i read it somewhere and she definetly knows what its called... She just wont tell us the name until she's probably finished the book...

She did say she'll probably rewrite the last chapter, but the last word is still 'scar' for now...

So many many days to go before the next book comes out, and i want to know what side Snape is on, its driving me up the wall :p

hes a goodie....jk rowling cant afford for him to be bad

it wud be like people swearing on neighbours or home and away....it just doesnt happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)