HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
MajinR said:
too bad the creaters spent so much time on the site...... maybe someone should alert them to the fact that JKR already confirmed Dumbledore died.... pity...
ohh has she actually confirmed it?

if it was in the mugglenet/TLC interview, i must've missed it

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
bubz :D said:
ohh has she actually confirmed it?

if it was in the mugglenet/TLC interview, i must've missed it
yeah she confirmed it kind of indirectly....Still the site will be a good read for when im bored and it might inspire more fanfic.

Thanks for the site btw :D

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
regulus is too obvious, its burgin or burke! who else would know what a horcrux actually is and how it works

somechick

HSC
N/A
no its regulus, all right. the locket was in grimmauldplace, he was a former death eater who died, his initals are RB
it fits.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Argonaut said:
...in OotP the locket is described as being heavy and no-one could open it, whereas in HBP it is small and oval-shaped and Harry opens it with ease. So it's obviously not the same locket.
Thats because the one harry opened was a REPLACEMENT it didnt have the serpent on it. So of course the two lockets arent the same!

Argonaut said:
... Regulus only joined for family approval - he didn't believe in the cause.
All the more reason for him to destroy the REAL horcrux!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Don't you think that Sirius Black's death was a little strange in OOTP, you never saw him fall but disappear. Especially how when Luna said something about the voices behind the veil, and this was never really built upon. Maybe Sirius Black isn't dead and was made to go in hiding, to act dead, and look for those soul parts and so that is his initials, going under a different name. I don't think the initials will be straight from a name we already know. Maybe book 7 will end with sirius re-emerging and harry can live with his godfather. or maybe not :p

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
yeah.... i never really thought of sirius as dead either... since he did disappear rather than having an actual body. It seems that he jsut went into the neverregions undetectable by magic... something like a black hole... hmmm....

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i just hope that in the 7th book, they DO go back to Hogwarts and they have lessons etc and we meet new creatures, spells etc. Thats what i liked about the earlier books. I hope that the seventh book does NOT turn out to be a witch hunt for those soul objects.

Is it jsut me or were the best books the ones that were least focused on the voldemort story- POA and GOF. The next two books didn't seem as good IMO, maybe because it was too focused on the voldemort story and not enough of the imagination that went into the earlier books (obviosuly, many will disagree!).

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
^^ for the earlier posts i think sirius is definetly dead... and i dont know if the veil is that important, but im pretty sure the Department of Mysteries is...

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
was it jsut my imagination or did J.K. say something in an interview that the series was going to cover harry potters seven years at HOGWARTS??

funniboi

HSC
im guessing a horcux could/would be at his fathers house, somewhere...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i think its more important to analyse my point on quidditch...
you know in the first book, harry wasnt meant to play quidditch as it was a first year but the teacher (cant spell her name) said shed like to win the cup for once...
but now first years are all legible to join...

also rab is a new character... thats all
and dumbledore was faking his death to trick the death eaters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Argonaut said:
There's a sort of unwritten law called the two-book rule which pretty much says that something that's important to the plot of a book will be introduced two books beforehand. In PS, it was the mention of Sirius - two books later, Sirius was important. I'm not sure what it was in CoS or PoA (haven't read either for ages). In GoF the Pensieve was introduced, and it was important in HBP. So in OotP the thing that will be important in Book 7 was most likely the veil.
or the room, that's kept locked at all times, and contains a force with which harry has lots, and oldy voldy has none i.e. love....maybe harry harnesses that power somehow?

p.s. RAB is probably a death eater tho, since he refers to Voldermort as the Dark Lord

Last edited:

still waiting

HSC
Argonaut said:
And besides, why would Voldemort use a locket to begin with? Every thing is of significance (the ring, the diary) and besides, he already has a locket/necklace - Slytherin's.
wasnt it that the locket that he put the original horcrux was slytherins and we dont know if he does or doesnt have it anymore

still waiting

HSC
Argonaut said:
If my theory of the Horcruxes having to be destroyed in the order they were created holds true, then it's not Slytherin's. The Cave Horcrux was probably destroyed first, then the diary and then the ring, which also happens to be in the order the were created. If that's the case, the Slytherin necklace will be one of the next two destroyed (along with Hufflepuff's cup) since they were the next to be acquired.
oh i see what ur saying but he wouldve created the diary first wouldnt he and it was destroyed second....

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
if harry is a horcrux it would of accidental and voldemort probably doesn't know, otherwise that makes no sense as why would he try to kill harry etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)