HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Argonaut said:
Harry had Dumbledore's permission to use whatever magic was necessary when they went to Slughorn, so I'm guessing the same thing would happen at the cave.
Dumbledore never had enough power to disobey the ministry's rules.

funniboi

HSC
oh wait, dumbledor already explains to harry that they can't tell who used the magic, or whatever.. at the start of the book, hence why harry was blamed for magic when dobby the elf used magic, at harrys place. hahahaha.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Just a question:

arn't we told in book one that first years arn't allowed to be on the quidditch team?

-- then WHY THE HELL is harry doing quidditch tryouts for first years who can't even mount their brooms??

*raises eyebrows/

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Personally. now that every one believes that Harry is the chosen one, the ministry would hardly be trying to stop harry from using magic. After all, who else is going to save them all now that the most ppowerful wizard dumbledore is gone?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
bubz :D said:
he'll be of age at the beginning of book 7 :)
now it's very obvious that JK made the coming of age age 17 just so she could use that fact in book 7.

SazzaPhoenix

Ok, so this book wasn't the best of the series, but I didn't honestly expect it to be. My fave so far would have to be the PoA, CoS would be my second fave, and all the claims that the OoTP would answer all of our questions was a load of crap. It didnt answer anything of significance anyway.

The HBP was better that the others I thought - the whole 'learn about You-Know-Who's terrible childhood' was kinda interesting, Its almost to a point where I feel sorry for him - I wonder if that was JK's aim?

To whomever said that they think that good old Malfoy is gonna go good is a bit deluded to be honest - Tom Felton is a hottie, but his tears to Moaning Myrtle are his only sign of remorse and THEY were only coz no one could help him.

Question: How was it possible for Snivellus (Snape) to be the HBP? When Harry realised that it couldn't have been his dad/Lupin/Sirius because they were at school much later than the book was written? I got confused.

Anyway tEz is buggin me coz I'm takin so long. Cyaz!!

rama_v

HSC
Midgetphoenix said:
Question: How was it possible for Snivellus (Snape) to be the HBP? When Harry realised that it couldn't have been his dad/Lupin/Sirius because they were at school much later than the book was written? I got confused.
I thought of that as well and then I read someone who said that it perhaps the book was his mother's, and she just passed it down to him an dso snape wrote all over it...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I was disappointed. my favourite was GOF. but i have to say i was suprised with snape being on Voldemorts side...i real did think that he was a good guy ! damn it who kills off dumbledore? seriously JKR could have picked someone else

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
After reading the book, I have but three things to say:

1) Who is "R.A.B."?
2) "Mollywobbles" :D
3) Slughorn calling Ron "Rupert" :uhhuh:

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
lol, you guys should read the 3 part interview with JK Rowling about the 6th book and the future @ mugglenet.com pretty good read.

funniboi

HSC
rama_v said:
I thought of that as well and then I read someone who said that it perhaps the book was his mother's, and she just passed it down to him an dso snape wrote all over it...

it was me! i take credit!

funniboi said:
hate to say it, but i reckon snapes a good guy. gut feeling i guess.

but im kinda thinking why snapes parents passed down a 6th year potions book to snape, for him to use, when ron's family, being poor (or once being poor), didn't even pass down a 6th year potions book to ron (and note, bill, percy, and charlie, both finished at hogwarts i think, and then his parents as well, so there's gotta be atlesat 1 book lyin around somehwere) ? o_O

because obvioiously snapes mother had to pass the book down to snape to make it 50 years old and for snape to be the hbp, because harry thought it was his dad, but it couldn't be since it was 50 years old. so yeah. just thinking its kinda weird.. :/

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Argonaut said:
1) Not Regulus. Way too obvious, and another wizard not dying when they were thought to have been killed is lame, as it's been done before (twice, but the second time worked because we never expected the same twist to be dropepd on us with Barty Crouch Jr.)
dont know about that, after reading the interview on mugglenet im pretty convinced it was him, and one horcrux is in sirius's (now harry's) house.

my proof:
(pg 108 OotP) "There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound... a heavy locket that none of them could open...

kaylz

HSC
Midgetphoenix said:
Ok, so this book wasn't the best of the series, but I didn't honestly expect it to be. My fave so far would have to be the PoA, CoS would be my second fave, and all the claims that the OoTP would answer all of our questions was a load of crap. It didnt answer anything of significance anyway.

The HBP was better that the others I thought - the whole 'learn about You-Know-Who's terrible childhood' was kinda interesting, Its almost to a point where I feel sorry for him - I wonder if that was JK's aim?

To whomever said that they think that good old Malfoy is gonna go good is a bit deluded to be honest - Tom Felton is a hottie, but his tears to Moaning Myrtle are his only sign of remorse and THEY were only coz no one could help him.

Anyway tEz is buggin me coz I'm takin so long. Cyaz!!
Do you people not read the books properly or something?
1. Malfoy was never evil. He was bad, but not that bad. He did show remorse, only it was too late for him to back out and he feared the wrath of Voldemort. Plus the whole "daddy's honour" thing.
2.Snape is the half blood prince because one of his parents was a muggle, and the other had the last name of Prince. It couldn't have been Harry's dad or Lupin or any of them because the date was wrong. That was just a stalling tactic that JK used to set up some dramatic irony... obviously most readers would have assumed that the half blood prince would be Voldemort.
4. The whole Snape-killing-Dumbledore thing, I think (or at least I bloody well hope), will have been arranged. Dumbledore is rarely wrong, and I think maybe he had to die in order for certain things to happen. Perhaps part of another prophecy?

Aside from that... if the next one sees Harry, Ron, and Hermione drop out to hunt horcruxes and kick some Death Eater ass - I will personally burn down JK's house. Same goes if Snape really was bad.

crystel_angel

HSC
7 books??

Sorry if someone has already posted this, i havnt read them all. But why does everyone assume there will only be 7 books? That was understandable before as there was 7 years at hogwarts, but now that his supposedly leaving school, whats to stop her writing more than 7??? The amount of money made off the sales and the popularity of it means that most writers would continue as long as possible. WHich isn't unprecedented e.g robert jordan and the wheel of time series

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)