hardworking Vs. intelligence (1 Viewer)

adriano_negr0

HSC
But also my friends gave me his notes for bizzo and we both have the same textbook and he included alot of bullshit and unecessary crap in his notes which probably relates to not studying smart. He probably learnt this bs which had nothing ot do with the questions in a test

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
let me just edit my post a little
LOl i agree with your edit, but i still disagree with your 1st statement. I kicked this hard working girl's arse continuously from year 7-11 without trying and with some effort in year 12 i still managed to kick her arse. She studied so very much... she always called me asking for help while i was bludging XD

boganxcore

HSC
LOl i agree with your edit, but i still disagree with your 1st statement. I kicked this hard working girl's arse continuously from year 7-11 without trying and with some effort in year 12 i still managed to kick her arse. She studied so very much... she always called me asking for help while i was bludging XD
would you like a medal?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
would you like a medal?
Yes please.

Nah XD I was just saying that although i still value people that are hard working very highly, there are those who can never beat someone with natural intelligence no matter how hard they try.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^that's pretty harsh

In junior years, there was this guy from my school who was near impossible to beat (he was known to be better than the teacher). I always came 2nd in the exam and he always scored highest (he beat me by like 30% in year 10). In year 11 though, I worked hard and beat him (but only by 1% in 2 unit and equal mark in 3 unit). Then this guy beat me again in year 12.

What I am saying is...the difference in natural talent can be easily fixed if u work hard (or work harder to certain extent than the other person). The reason why I got beaten in year 12 was because my workload didn't improve while he worked harder (not harder than me but he worked harder in year 12 than he did in year 11).

I think the reason why you beat the hardworking person is probably because that very person didn't work hard enough.

johnosm

HSC
would you like a medal?
lol

Natural intelligence is surely good to have, but it may put you off from hard work, and rely on your intelligence alone. I believe hard work is what pays off in life. Intelligence can get you somewhere, perhaps a surgeon, or a respected lawyer, but hard work is needed to reach the higher points in life. Willing people of low intelligence I believe have far greater potential of success in life than non-willing people of high intelligence. I may generate some interesting comments regarding what I've just said lol.

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^that's pretty harsh

In junior years, there was this guy from my school who was near impossible to beat (he was known to be better than the teacher). I always came 2nd in the exam and he always scored highest (he beat me by like 30% in year 10). In year 11 though, I worked hard and beat him (but only by 1% in 2 unit and equal mark in 3 unit). Then this guy beat me again in year 12.

What I am saying is...the difference in natural talent can be easily fixed if u work hard (or work harder to certain extent than the other person). The reason why I got beaten in year 12 was because my workload didn't improve while he worked harder (not harder than me but he worked harder in year 12 than he did in year 11).

I think the reason why you beat the hardworking person is probably because that very person didn't work hard enough.
Perhaps, but it really depends on how large the difference is.... but i do agree that hard work can beat natural intelligence.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol

Natural intelligence is surely good to have, but it may put you off from hard work, and rely on your intelligence alone. I believe hard work is what pays off in life. Intelligence can get you somewhere, perhaps a surgeon, or a respected lawyer, but hard work is needed to reach the higher points in life.
I am sure the hard work is needed to get into the law or med degree in the first place. Besides, there are heaps of stuff to learn and study to become a doctor or a lawyer (lots of reading for law especially).

hard work ftw.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
average intelligence + hard work > people with intelligence but bludges
intelligence + working hard a bit > average intelligence + hard work
really depends on the definition of "average intelligence", "working hard a bit" and "hard work".

boganxcore

HSC
i have a feeling you may be understating the amount of work you did, you cant seriously be expecting a 99+ ATAR with minimal work.

intelligence is a help but it will not necessarily correlate to a 99+ ATAR, thats what i reckon. hard work is integral to a high ATAR and this is how i've screwed myself over :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i have a feeling you may be understating the amount of work you did, you cant seriously be expecting a 99+ ATAR with minimal work.

intelligence is a help but it will not necessarily correlate to a 99+ ATAR, thats what i reckon. hard work is integral to a high ATAR and this is how i've screwed myself over :(
100% agreed.

If you got 99+ ATAR, you must have had a good combination of luck, work and intelligence.

johnosm

HSC
100% agreed.

If you got 99+ ATAR, you must have had a good combination of luck, work and intelligence.
funny i remember you saying a while before i joined, that 99+ is easy to get as long as ur intelligent but 99.5 requires intelligence + hard work lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
funny i remember you saying a while before i joined, that 99+ is easy to get as long as ur intelligent lol.
really? i don't remember saying that.

if i did, i would have meant "intelligent enough to study hard according to one's need"

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol

Natural intelligence is surely good to have, but it may put you off from hard work, and rely on your intelligence alone. I believe hard work is what pays off in life. Intelligence can get you somewhere, perhaps a surgeon, or a respected lawyer, but hard work is needed to reach the higher points in life. Willing people of low intelligence I believe have far greater potential of success in life than non-willing people of high intelligence. I may generate some interesting comments regarding what I've just said lol.
i always thought that being a doctor was a fairly "high point in life"

i dun study/practice in medicine, but i was also under the impression that there is A VERY HIGH workload =S lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)