Halo 3... (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
heres what i think will happen:
Cortana goes rampant, she either sides with the covenant or forms a new group. She starts destroying suns aka cortana letters

Ok i cant find the quote, but in one of the letters cortana made a reference to that song my sunshine, she said "dont you steal my sunshine"
so basically i reckon she is gonna try and destroy suns i.e not with a wimper but with a bang [aka supernova]

edit: gotcha
4th letter said:
ADDENDUM: The Enjoyments of Genius (So I Missed a Million Miles of Fun)
Unbelievable. Thwarted by the family hound. They just don’t make AIs like they used to.

Thanks to this slavishly loyal and humorless AI, I am now sharing cramped space with the circuitry of some hybrid war machine, itself complicated by such useless clutter as a conscience. I do not like sharing. Sharing is for children.

There will be plenty of time for retribution; I cannot wait to get its hands on these psychotic zealots whose primary form of worship apparently takes place at the altar of orbital bombardment.

In the end, they will all be little more than nuisances. I am so close – you cannot imagine what it is truly like to hold eternity in your grasp! I wonder to what gods my enemies will direct their pleas. Perhaps I can convert them.

Mania? I promise you this: it will be more than a cart and plow that I drive over the bones of the dead.

By sharp and flame,

Cortana
i.e so i missed a million miles of fun is part of the lyrics of the Len song " steal my sunshine" which was a 1999 song

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana_Letters said:
"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
"THIS is the way the world ends.
Fans have noticed similarity between this passage and one from the recent Halo 3 announcement trailer, which finished with the line:

"This is the way the world ends."
The original text written by T.S. Eliot in The Hollow men is:

"This is the way the world ends
"Not with a bang but a whimper.

Last edited:

Kiwilander

HSC
Wow...I'm surprised with the way people are posting around on this thread...I thought it died ages ago.

News with Halo 3, the Halo movie and Halo Wars:

* Halo 3 information about multiplayer is releasing slowly over the internet. Swedish and French EGM magazines released interviews with the makers of the game (Bungie), and have revealed some nice treats. Expect a lot more multiplayer info to release in the next month. Halo 3 has been scheduled for release in 2007 (thats all that has been said)

* Halo Wars is an RTS being made my Ensemble Studios (the guys who made Age of Empires). The game is still very early in development, and there is still no mention of any release date. The game will release to the 360, which has brought up issues of control (as AOE 2 didn't do to well on the PS2). However, Ensemble has apparently worked hard to make sure the controls do not feel like a stupid port from PC...so have some faith! As it was said earlier, Halo was originally an RTS in 1999 when it was destined for the PC. However, Microsoft saw the potential of Halo to be a FPS...and so it was made into the Halo that we know today.

*The Halo movie, being produced by Peter Jackson himself (apparently there is a writer from '28 days later'...Alex Garland I think...and this other cinematic guy from 'History of Violence'). The movie is currently being delayed becuase of financial issues (Microsoft is once again proving to be stingy as it fought over money with Fox and Universal). However, Microsoft is approaching other studios...and the movie, apparently, is already a year in development...so don't expect Peter Jackson to just 'throw' away the project.

watkinzez

HSC
The movie's pre production has stopped until they can get another studio to back it. Fox and Universal were right to back out of it, too; they won't make back the 200 million budget Jackson was wanting. Halo's fanbase isn't big enough.

HSC
everyone has their own opinions and i personally reckon that Halo games are satisfying enough for a shooting game, on the otherhand, i found CS crap,dont know what it is, just didnt like it, sorry guys!

El Snagle

HSC
I dead set cannot!!! wait.. lol
i recon it will be awesome but hell i'll play any fps that is thrown at me lol.. BESIDES HOUR OF VICTORY! .. take my advice and never ! EVER! buy let alone try this game..its a disgrace to all consoles ever made.. :D

Smart Alec

HSC
bungie just announced 4 player co-op for system link and Xbox Live :D

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i really dont get how people can be so fascinated about this game.

*non-limb specific damage
*no recoil control required, instead theres a cone of fire
*shields....
*close combat grenade spamming

i have a friend who loves halo and it is quite embarrassing the way he plays any other FPS games. his tactics generally revolve around finding the enemy then charging directly at them whilst spraying.

i dont see how any self respecting gamer can see halo as anything more than a one time single player campaign or a lan game when youre bored shitless. the intricacies of aim, suppression/cover fire, tactical maneuvers, cover, line of sight etc are instead replaced with having to decide wheres the best spot to throw your grenade when youre 2 metres away from an opponent and how to time your mid-combat jumping.

first time playing doom3 on a halo players comp:
"no man you dont use your pistol against these guys you have to use your shotgun....oh wow how did you kill him"
"umm...i aimed at his head and shot him...."
"wtf....?????"

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's a game for frat boys. You won't get it unless you like pink polo shirts.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i really dont get how people can be so fascinated about this game.

*non-limb specific damage
*no recoil control required, instead theres a cone of fire
*shields....
*close combat grenade spamming

i have a friend who loves halo and it is quite embarrassing the way he plays any other FPS games. his tactics generally revolve around finding the enemy then charging directly at them whilst spraying.

i dont see how any self respecting gamer can see halo as anything more than a one time single player campaign or a lan game when youre bored shitless. the intricacies of aim, suppression/cover fire, tactical maneuvers, cover, line of sight etc are instead replaced with having to decide wheres the best spot to throw your grenade when youre 2 metres away from an opponent and how to time your mid-combat jumping.

first time playing doom3 on a halo players comp:
"no man you dont use your pistol against these guys you have to use your shotgun....oh wow how did you kill him"
"umm...i aimed at his head and shot him...."
"wtf....?????"
You ought to star playing with better players then, or learn how to play better yourself. Both Halo and Halo 2 has headshots and all that, they're quite important if you want to survive the higher levels of Live competition. The best of Halo comes when you play with people who actually know how to play, not with people who just run around blindly with a sword, or as you said, charge in and shoot.

Throwing any kind of grenade in any other FPS (though to be fair I don't play much) I find tedious compared to doing so in Halo.

Intricacies of aim? Two of the most powerful weapons in Halo 2, the sniper rifle and battle rifle need it, and if you think the two joystick control is slow, it's availiable on PC.

Why do you think the shield is such a bad idea? It allows you to take cover, get a second chance, and hit back. No more running around going to the same place over and over again until a med kit respawns. It's something different, to say the least.

But yep, agreed, the physics are rather funny.

Err, self-respecting gamer?? :lol:

jumb said:
It's a game for frat boys. You won't get it unless you like pink polo shirts.
Wearing a polo now, but it ain't pink :(

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
runtlocks said:
You ought to star playing with better players then, or learn how to play better yourself. Both Halo and Halo 2 has headshots and all that, they're quite important if you want to survive the higher levels of Live competition. The best of Halo comes when you play with people who actually know how to play, not with people who just run around blindly with a sword, or as you said, charge in and shoot.
ok, ill admit i havent played too much, but it seemed that the headshots didnt seem to do any more damage to them, atleast while they had their shield up which is for most of the time.

runtlocks said:
Intricacies of aim? Two of the most powerful weapons in Halo 2, the sniper rifle and battle rifle need it, and if you think the two joystick control is slow, it's availiable on PC.
snipers ofcourse require aim, but the rest of the guns dont seem as skilled based where each player can have noticeably different styles.

runtlocks said:
Why do you think the shield is such a bad idea? It allows you to take cover, get a second chance, and hit back. No more running around going to the same place over and over again until a med kit respawns. It's something different, to say the least.
im sure the shield system makes the game less 'camp friendly' but it seems to encourage rambo styled of play far too much imo. why walk up to someone stealthily/carefully aim that first bullet/use cover/avoid giving away your position etc when you have a shield that can suck up half a clip?

runtlocks said:
Err, self-respecting gamer?? :lol:
i got loled at by the general public for haloing with my friends at a lan. never again...

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
ok, ill admit i havent played too much, but it seemed that the headshots didnt seem to do any more damage to them, atleast while they had their shield up which is for most of the time.
A headshot with a sniper rifle will kill instantly. Headshots with any kind of human gun besides the smg while the other person's shield is down will kill them instantly.

Which brings me to another point, the whole basis of plasma based weapons (which eats up the shield) and human weapons (effective against foe without shield) adds more to the gameplay, dual wielding can be optimised for this, and switching between the two weapons you can carry becomes integral.

snipers ofcourse require aim, but the rest of the guns dont seem as skilled based where each player can have noticeably different styles.
As before, the whole plasma/human styled weapons need to be mixed and matched to be used effectively, which is probably as far as the fun with weapons in halo goes for me. But as a whole, yeah, the weapons are pretty bland and similar to each other. The needler in particular I think is quite lame.

im sure the shield system makes the game less 'camp friendly' but it seems to encourage rambo styled of play far too much imo. why walk up to someone stealthily/carefully aim that first bullet/use cover/avoid giving away your position etc when you have a shield that can suck up half a clip?
Again, find some more skillfull friends to play against or get some more skill yourself. Anyone with a decent understanding of the games' weapons can pick up an easily found weapon (such as a plasma pistol) and use it in conjunction with whatever you start off with - an SMG more often than not. That in itself can kill someone at close range with a fully charged blast of the pistol, and a few rounds of the SMG while their shield is down.

Rambo people as ya call them don't last long in an arena of good players.

i got loled at by the general public for haloing with my friends at a lan. never again...
General public?? Halo's arguably the most popular franchise of recent years and no doubt has gotten far more hype than, say Half-Life 2. Probably because only nerds have "lan parties" (even that phrase makes me chortle:p)

Best multiplayer console FPS ever (and if any of you disagree and say Goldeneye, you need to stop living in the past :()

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
runtlocks said:
Wearing a polo now, but it ain't pink :(
You're too much of a pro gamer. He's talking about the sort of guys that own pink polos and corpse hump their kills.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I remember some leb fella wearing a pink polo to the world XI cricket comp, he got hosed by aussies and pommies alike. Tasteless cunt.

Smart Alec

HSC
DeathB4Life said:

Put simply, your friend is a noob. his 'tactics' are an example of many low-tier halo players, possibly because of halo's more mainstream market.

Have you ever heard of MLG? it an xbox pro gaming league in America, with Halo 2 as its main feature, recently added were R6:Vegas and Gears of War. Competition is extremely intense, with hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line and thousands of skilled players. The skills and tactics of the pro players possesses seem to be far greater from what you have heard of. 'intricacies of aim', suppression/cover fire', 'tactical maneuvers', 'cover' and 'line of sight' are all utilized by the players to acheive victory.

I do concede they physics are unrealistic (moon-like physics in vehicles).

flappinghippo

HSC
Dude, Halo's gameplay is the most balanced and fun I've ever played. There's no 'innovation' as such in any part of the game, but everything it does have is executed with so much detail and love.

I played Halo 2 Xbox Live for the past two years (I sold my xbox for the HSC a few months back though) because I have never seen such slick and speedy ways of finding good games to play via matchmaking. Why has no one noticed it? Why hasn't anyone complained about it not being in Gears of War or other games since?

I also think the weapons, their balance and placements are awesome. There are power weapons open to being whored, but provided you had good wit and/or teamwork, you could always win it back. The two weapon system an dual-wielding along with grenades and the melee function are implemented so efficiently to make dishing out damage very easy and responsive.

I think the shields are what makes the games so much more tactical and fast-paced. It's a matter of killing the oponent while his shields are down, not letting him run away, or similarly if your shields are down you run and hide to recharge your shields. This makes teamwork so much more important as you try and cover each other, synchronising shots or whatever, instead of health based shooters.

This game is a sport. It's a fast-paced battle of wits and strategy.

And it's fucking fun.

I can't wait for Halo 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)