Halo 3... (1 Viewer)

Kiwilander

HSC
If any of you like minded Halo fans (both Xbox and PC fellows) have been keeping up with the news....E3 2006 just went by...and believe it or not...Halo 3 has been announced for Xbox 360.

Please tell me I'm not the only person here who's absolutely jumping through the roof at the sight of Halo 3.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
the short multiplayer games on Halo 2 (not the big mission things but the 'capture the flag" type ones...i cant remember the name...been ages since i've played...) used basically the same maps as that of Halo 1. That made me cranky. There was such a hype about Halo 2 and they couldnt even give you a host of new maps. That = crappy imo and so i'm not looking forward to halo 3.

Also, i'm not into blowning up aliens.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Didnt think halo2 lived up to what i thougt itd be. So not exactly looking that forward to it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
the halo series is overrated, CS is better and guess what? the game is 7 fucking years old

sure halo and halo 2 had decent storylines and i admit the gameplay was allright, but a fps without a mouse is shit, the gun physics were pretty shit, recoil? shit
halo3 will be the same old but with better graphics

any self respecting Pc gamer wouldnt touch halo as it was badly ported to the pc, so dont include us in your questioning

and lastly: e3 this year was so exciting i wet myself, surely you could have found something better to jump through the roof over than halo3?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeh... well heres what i got excited over

Medieval 2: Total War
Battlefield 2142
Age of Empires III:The WarChiefs
Spore
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Supreme Commander [very nice RTS]
the stuff on wii[not a console fan but the controller is pretty innovative]

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
I am jumping through the roof. So you definitely aren't the only one.

The_highwayman said:
the short multiplayer games on Halo 2 (not the big mission things but the 'capture the flag" type ones...i cant remember the name...been ages since i've played...) used basically the same maps as that of Halo 1. That made me cranky. There was such a hype about Halo 2 and they couldnt even give you a host of new maps. That = crappy imo and so i'm not looking forward to halo 3.

Also, i'm not into blowning up aliens.
To clarify, they only took two of the multiplayer maps from halo 1 to put into halo 2, and all the rest were completely original. Obviously you haven't played it much. The two that were put in were:
1) H:CE's Blood Gulch = H2's Coagulation
2) H:CE's Battle Creek = H2's Beaver Creek

There were differences, however, like in Coagulation there is now an underground level to each base. And in Beaver Creek they've removed the often troublesome ladder, leading up to the sniper rifle, with a ramp.

So they were improved, and are probably the best, and most popular, maps from H:CE, so that's why they were included.

I agree, Halo 2 wasn't as good as nearly everybody expected. Even Bungie recognises that, and that is why Halo 3 should be going to kick butt, because Bungie are going to do everything to fix what they messed up last time.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
Yes, but the fact that you know nothing about the game means that you don't have any evidence to back up your claim that it's crap, and no-one should take your personal opinion, about the crappyness of Halo 2, and hence your theory that Halo 3 will be crappy, as fact, if they're thinking about getting Halo 3.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
the Highway man is twice the gamer you will ever be and he knows alot more about what makes a good game than you do.

I agree with him,and i can assure you i have been gaming longer than you,andi have played more games than you,most of them of higher quality than you have.[exibit a: the sims vs HL,which is better?]

Halo and its series are shit, it was aimed at a particular group and was keyed to be popular, not because it is good but because it is simple and has a half decent storyline, Poor half-assed gamers dont know the difference
a similiar analogy would be Harry Potter, little kids think its the greatest book series ever, the thing is they havent read enough books to compare it to,sure its a good series, but i can think of many more that are superior in every way, e.g LOTR

To me Halo was just another game, nothing outstanding and nothing special. If you want a better storyline and superior graphics crack out the Full-Life[HL2]

Collin

HSC
N/A
Settle down people, everyone has a subjective opinion on games. Have some maturity and abate an argument about something in which no one person's opinion is worth more than someone else's.

But personally, here's something I reckon is 100x more exciting than Halo 3: CRYSIS. Heck, I'm even looking forward to Spore and Supreme Commander more than it.

Legham

HSC
From what i've played of the Halo games they were shit.. There is sooo many more way better games than those and some people love them for some reason..

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
Do I know you from somewhere, Serius? :confused: Coz I'm pretty sure that I don't know you, and hence you know nothing about me. So how do you know that he's twice the gamer I am? You can't base what you know about people on what they write in forum threads. I haven't been on this forum for a long time, and I've done a lot of things in my time away. Please don't personally attack me. Especially since I haven't personally attacked you, The_highwayman, or anyone else, for that matter.

The_highwayman said that his opinion of Halo 3 was that it will be crap because Halo 2 was crap. While I agree that Halo 2 left much to be desired, the game was not complete crap and the minimal reasoning which he gave wasn't even true. I was just pointing out that the things he said about Halo 2 were not actually facts, and that he can't base his belief that it was crap based on the lies.

So to The_highwayman,

Just to clarify, I didn't attack you (or at least I didn't mean it that way), and I wasn't attacking your belief that the game was not the most riveting experience in the world. I was just saying that the reasons you gave for the game being crap were not actually true.

I'm not trying to spark an argument here, although I will admit that perhaps my second post in this thread sounded a little bitchy... but I was just a bit peeved that someone was going to base a belief that Halo 3 was gonna be crap on the notion that Halo 2 wasn't the greatest, and they were trying to base that belief on false reasons. Give the Bungie team some faith, guys.

And by the way, Serius, I believe that we'd be roughly the same age, yeah? So how can you confidently say that you've been gaming for longer than me? I certainly hope that you are not basing this assumption on the sexist view that females do not game as much as males. Coz if you are: It's awwwwn bitch! :lol:
And just because I may not have played certain games a year ago, doesn't mean that I have had little, or no, gaming experience.

Legham said:
From what i've played of the Halo games they were shit.. There is sooo many more way better games than those and some people love them for some reason..
There are better games out there, but that doesn't mean that people can't love the Halo series. I like Halo, but it doesn't mean that I'm completely devoted to spending all my time on it - I like heaps of other games too. I just happen to be excited about the pending release of Halo 3... *fingers crossed for it being good*

I think the main reason that I liked the game so much is that I can play it with my friends, so easily. I definitely don't enjoy the campaigns as much as I like the multiplayer, the novelty wore off the campaign faster, but even still the novelty wore off multiplayer pretty soon. I pretty much only play Halo 2 now if a bunch of us get together and do a massive system linkup and have us a massive carnage fest. *sigh* The memories...

Umm, yeah sorry if that didn't make any sense... Anyone count the number of times I said "belief", variations included? lol

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Wont be playing halo3 as i wont be getting an xbox360. Until it comes out on the computer that is.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I don't reckon that they'll release Halo 3 on PC. They didn't with Halo 2. Have they said somewhere that they'll release it on PC?

From what I've heard H:CE was pretty crappy on PC (although from what I've heard around here halo is pretty much considered crappy all round :mad1:).

eldorato

HSC
N/A
hahaha u guys should get out more. halo's fun. fuck..dont take games so seriously.
anyway wasent this thread for people with information or rumors about halo 3?

watkinzez

HSC
Suppose I'll be getting this to conclude the story. Not to mention Marty O'Donnell always does a good job with the score. Less guitar wank though, please.

runtlocks said:
Halo Wars, Halo RTS?

Sounds kind of
Don't forget that Halo was originally an RTS game back in 1999.
Not the most original title, though.

C@mM!

HSC
hmmm, Halo's alright, be better if they properly ported it (PROPERLY (INCLUDING HALO 2) to PC though

Main drawpoint of Halo = Co-op and Storyline

Multiplayer was one of the best on Xbox, but meeks in comparison to even a half dodgy PC multiplayer shooter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)