• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half-Yearly Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
That's just stupid. Whenever anything goes wrong with you, your first port of call in terms of the blame game is your teachers, followed by your school, then the Department of Education, then the Federal Government, then your friends, the UN, President Bush, and finally your family.

And how would you know that the teacher was trying to give BS students an advantage? You're just jealous that some girl probably beat you, yet again.
you two always seem like you're biting off each other's heads :read:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
That's just stupid. Whenever anything goes wrong with you, your first port of call in terms of the blame game is your teachers, followed by your school, then the Department of Education, then the Federal Government, then your friends, the UN, President Bush, and finally your family.

And how would you know that the teacher was trying to give BS students an advantage? You're just jealous that some girl probably beat you, yet again.
I don't have the marks back yet. :D So i'm not jealose that some girl beat me... yet... again. :(

marxisming

HSC
i did a case study on petroleum/ OPEC when i had to do price elasticity of demand. its probably relevant in econ to apply theory to real market situations.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
you two always seem like you're biting off each other's heads :read:
They just don't like each other. Shit happens I guess. :uhhuh:

johony

HSC
Gunner4lyfe said:
cud anyone tell me---can they can make me repeat the year if i fail in maths?..overall i mean .. at the end of the year...
No. They can't make you repeat if you do bad in your exams, however if you're not doing your work and you've received 2 warning letters; then you're kicked off the course.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Gunner4lyfe said:
cud anyone tell me---can they can make me repeat the year if i fail in maths?..overall i mean .. at the end of the year...
I think they just tell you to drop to a lower course. Like from 3 unit Mathematics to 2 unit.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Gunner4lyfe said:
but hey iv failed twice now and i havnt got a warning letter...?
im doin alright in everything else...
will they send me a warning if i get a 9 out of 60 in extension maths?
cuz i cant possibly let my dad see that..
yeah i think they would send your dad a warning letter. Things start getting serious in Prelims :cold:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
wouldn't that just depend on the school's requirements and expectations?
I'm guessing 9/60 would be below the requirements and expectations of most schools.

Note: The use of the word 'guessing' in order to avoid an argument about assuming that this applies to every school.

johony

HSC
Gunner4lyfe said:
but hey iv failed twice now and i havnt got a warning letter...?
im doin alright in everything else...
will they send me a warning if i get a 9 out of 60 in extension maths?
cuz i cant possibly let my dad see that..
I received a very similar mark to yours.

They would ask you to drop to a lower course as someone as said, but they can't stop you from doing Extension. The only thing they can stop you from doing is 4U, as far as i know.

Seriously though, you're much better off not thinking about what is going to happen if you do badly in Maths; but instead really work at seriously improving your mark.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
:eek: that's pure evil. I'd seriously take the piss out of my teacher if she did that, but she's nice and she stuck to the syllabus.
What's petrol got to do with economics anyways? Unless you're talking about scarcity or resources or something like that
Oil supply shocks of 1973 and 1979 = big inflation and stagflation spike (can see it on inflation graphs)
Oil is also an issue that our economics teacher stresses to us (he writes the WA syllabus), allways refers it to how demand pull and cost push inflation spiral.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aplus said:
I'm guessing 9/60 would be below the requirements and expectations of most schools.

Note: The use of the word 'guessing' in order to avoid an argument about assuming that this applies to every school.
I'd agree with that. 9/60 is pretty damn low. :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
johony said:
I received a very similar mark to yours.

They would ask you to drop to a lower course as someone as said, but they can't stop you from doing Extension. The only thing they can stop you from doing is 4U, as far as i know.

Seriously though, you're much better off not thinking about what is going to happen if you do badly in Maths; but instead really work at seriously improving your mark.
How did you go in 2U Maths, Johnny?

v.ray

HSC
our school doesnt do half yearly exams, but to make up for it we have an extensive amount of tests and assignments. we still get half yearly reports though ...

this could be a good thing (not having exams), but id prefer to know how i am going, then not to know.

p.s first post!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Alright. My rank went downwards... :angry:

From about equal 2nd to equal 3rd...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Alright. My rank went downwards... :angry:

From about equal 2nd to equal 3rd...
It's one rank. =\
And it's not as if it's like 1st-2nd anyway. Hopefully it will motivate you for next time.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
It's one rank. =\
And it's not as if it's like 1st-2nd anyway. Hopefully it will motivate you for next time.
The problem is that it is equal third. I am with 2 other Year 12s who already did HSC last year. There are two people in front of me so I guess I can catch them up.

Thanks for the comment.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
My half yearly results weren't so pleasing to my expectations. A's and B's were all over the place which shows my inconsistency and lack of revision... And I got a letter from my school by being invited to an awards ceremony, receiving an award(s). I'm not deserving of this, and I feel like throwing the letter away, trashing it, then burning it. If I didn't receive an award(s), it would definitely motivate me to strive harder next time against the people who got an award...

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
My half yearly results weren't so pleasing to my expectations. A's and B's were all over the place which shows my inconsistency and lack of revision... And I got a letter from my school by being invited to an awards ceremony, receiving an award(s). I'm not deserving of this, and I feel like throwing the letter away, trashing it, then burning it. If I didn't receive an award(s), it would definitely motivate me to strive harder next time against the people who got an award...
I got my award the other day with Year 12 students. They were wondering why Year 11 kid was with them receiving awards. I got ones for both Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 (for being placed top 5% = top 2). I thought I deserved them. If I think back now, I really don't deserve them as I am not as capable as the top Year 12 students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)