47sniper said:
we don't really get half yearlies but next week I have:

- a maths test
- a modern history writing task
- a society and culture assessment
- a chemistry assessment
- a maths assessment

:(
Hey, what school do ya go to???, just wondering coz i want to kno what other schools do society and culture

CaiDrummer

HSC
My half-yearlies are in weeks 2 and 3 next term... :(
It's ok, I'll live!!! Maybe.
I'm aiming for >95% for PD, >90% for English, Modern and Maths, and >50% for German... which I probably won't get, but that's ok, cos I'm dropping it anyway.
I don't mind if I get a little lower than what I'm aiming for with my subjects, except PD, that's the course I really want to smash. Hoping for top of the grade lol.
I'm trying not to stress too much though... Next year counts more.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
CaiDrummer said:
My half-yearlies are in weeks 2 and 3 next term... :(
It's ok, I'll live!!! Maybe.
I'm aiming for >95% for PD, >90% for English, Modern and Maths, and >50% for German... which I probably won't get, but that's ok, cos I'm dropping it anyway.
I don't mind if I get a little lower than what I'm aiming for with my subjects, except PD, that's the course I really want to smash. Hoping for top of the grade lol.
I'm trying not to stress too much though... Next year counts more.
I loved PE last year! The test was so easy, I got 99%. Hahahaha. Yeah, around >95% is realistic. I want >50% for studies of religion. I don't plan on studying for it cause i'm dropping it next year. yay!

HSC
subjectiv said:
I want >50% for studies of religion. I don't plan on studying for it cause i'm dropping it next year. yay!
not studying for a subject which you're going to drop sounds reasonable.. but make sure you actually pass your units this year so there is actually going to be a next year for you! :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
FranzFerdinand said:
not studying for a subject which you're going to drop sounds reasonable.. but make sure you actually pass your units this year so there is actually going to be a next year for you! :)
Not really, as long as you meet all the requirements such as attendance, completing all exams and assessments even if you fail, they will let you on to year 12.

HSC
Woah, let me confirm, if u get 90+ for all your subjects and get < 20 for one, you can still go to year 12??? coz if so, im saved, coz i havents even listened to the teacher, let alone done hmwk or studied in maths, seeing as how it will be dropped next year.

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
well i got a big fat 2 week exam block... and an english speech that i should start soon..

2u maths and physics on the 1st day straight after each other!!!

tichondrius

HSC
Uni Grad
My half yearlies are all crammed into week 2, with one day of no exams (BLISS). I hate it how our holidays become study-days instead...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
haha yeah i've been studying everyday in the holidays, about 3 hours a day quite effectively. aiming band 6 for all my subjects except for ext maths. (remember, at my school band 6 would be probably considered a band 4/5 at selective schools...maybe)
For some weird reason, the majority of my half yearlie exams are only worth 15% each, whereas other assessment tasks are 25%

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
haha yeah i've been studying everyday in the holidays, about 3 hours a day quite effectively. aiming band 6 for all my subjects except for ext maths.
For some weird reason, the majority of my half yearlie exams are only worth 15% each, whereas other assessment tasks are 25%
Some of my first year 12 assessments were worth much more then my half-yearlies. Business studies was worth as much as my trials ! lucky it was really easy, same as the other assessments. I think they did it for a confidence boost to motivate people.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
Some of my first year 12 assessments were worth much more then my half-yearlies. Business studies was worth as much as my trials ! lucky it was really easy, same as the other assessments. I think they did it for a confidence boost to motivate people.
Yea, our business studies assignment is worth 30%. Do you like business studies? Coz it's getting boring and I also plan on dropping it next year.. but if i do, i'll only have 11 units.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
subjectiv said:
Soooo, ours are coming up first week next term. My holidays are ruined. :mad1: Anyone started serious studying yet?
Any tips for making economics FUN to study? :lol: For good marks, the opportunity cost is a holiday. OMG!! is that even right? hahahaha.
why is economics fun ? i thought phsyics is

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I like Business Studies. We're gonna sell jelly. Yay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)