• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearly Exams! (1 Viewer)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
Soooo, ours are coming up first week next term. My holidays are ruined. :mad1: Anyone started serious studying yet?
Any tips for making economics FUN to study? :lol: For good marks, the opportunity cost is a holiday. OMG!! is that even right? hahahaha.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Me either. We just have assessment tasks throughout the three terms. Talking about assessments, my IPT task is due next week. Ugh. :S

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
You guys are lucky at least your exams are next term mine are in week 10 and week 11 this term so in like 1 week god help me

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
Me either. We just have assessment tasks throughout the three terms. Talking about assessments, my IPT task is due next week. Ugh. :S
I have a physics exam, a legal assignment, a business studies speaking task and an extension english essay over the next 2 weeks, then my Extension 1 Maths half yearly exam in week 11. Long way to go yet.

thecan

HSC
subjectiv said:
Any tips for making economics FUN to study? :lol: For good marks, the opportunity cost is a holiday. OMG!! is that even right? hahahaha.
yeh, thats correct. although i dont see how u cant go on a holiday without neglecting marks..... its called time management

i never expected ecos to be as dry as it really is! now moves into one of my "drop" subjects

jeniii

HSC
mine are next week =/ its like another skool cert thingy for me. rite now im starting to write notes for each subject abt 6-10 pages long .. hopefully i can memorise them in a week.

im still thinking of taping my notes on a recorder and listening to them while i sleep ... but i dont have one ><

HSC
subjectiv said:
Soooo, ours are coming up first week next term. My holidays are ruined. :mad1: Anyone started serious studying yet?
Same Here. First week exams means study over the holidays! :eek: <- wtf.

Economics is fun!!! Not much to study. If you listen to your teacher carefully in class and understand, then all it takes is skim reading through your exercise and textbooks!

Good Luck :wave:

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
jeniii said:
im still thinking of taping my notes on a recorder and listening to them while i sleep ... but i dont have one ><
nah, i wouldn't do that. shouldn't disturb your body when it's sleeping, and also, you might have nightmares. :)

moco

HSC
OMG!!! mine is next term as well!!!
im scared i wont have time to study because at the moment i still have two more assessments dued this term!

i want to rest in the holidays!!! dont think so anymore and i have really bad study habits. i would study full on in one day and take like the next two days off.

w00dy.

HSC
my half yearlys arent until week 4 next term and they run for 2 weeks. i plan on getting some study in during the holidays but not too much. if you guys manage your time right you will have the chance to have a little fun throughout your holidays =]

HSC
subjectiv said:
nah, i wouldn't do that. shouldn't disturb your body when it's sleeping, and also, you might have nightmares. :)
LOL, true. I usually either study or read a book before i sleep.. which leads me to doing equations in my dreams which don't even add up or reading sentences in my dreams which also don't even make sense.
Haha, my Maths teacher who supposedly did 4unit mathematics at the age of 8 (lol) says when we wake up in the middle of the night, we should be whispering the words "sohcahtoa". XD

47sniper

HSC
N/A
we don't really get half yearlies but next week I have:

- a maths test
- a modern history writing task
- a society and culture assessment
- a chemistry assessment
- a maths assessment

:(

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
arnold182 said:
we should be whispering the words "sohcahtoa". XD
oh my god.

hahahahahahaha. yeah, sohcahtoa all night long. mmmhmm, real soothing. :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Socahtoa?? :confused:

EDIT: Oh wait, I get it. The trig stuff. Heh I'm slow :eek: Never tried to remember those tirg functions that way, that's why :p

Last edited:

Zero Infinite

HSC
I am in the middle of my half-yearlies. English went well, my first Maths exam went OK, Legal and Chem were both random. So... I have no idea how I went. Still got Eco and Physics to study this weekend :sleep:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)