Going To Fail!! (1 Viewer)

BoingMan

a_person86 said:
I did Advanced Mathematics in year 9 and 10, and now do General Mathematics throught year 11 and 12. The main difference i have noticed between the questions i get wrong are:

Advanced Yr 9 & 10
"WTF"

General Yr 11 & 12
"Damn I cant believe i fell for that"

General Mathematics involve a load of sneaky tricks they pull off to fool ya. It involves more logical shit as oppose to Advanced, but theres always stuff they do, like changing units of measurements, the wording of problems, the General people know what im on about. Even a bloke that does 3unit agreed that there is alot of content in the exams for General, and there are some sneaky shit.

General Mathematics isn't a difficult course, it just requires you to be quick and alert. The people that fail this course obviously arent too good at maths, but doesnt mean that they gonna fuk their entire HSC!

Thats my 2 cents ;)
So true! I'm in a similar position, i started doing 2 unit then dropped to general and failed every single test since then :) It's not that i don't try or that i suck at school i get good passes in all my other subjects but i'm still screwed tomorrow.
p.s. i got 34% in my trial :(

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Stilla said:
I wasn't saying "anyone who's not adept at maths should not be doing their HSC", i was making the point that unlike other harder subjects, even if you don't 'get' general, then it's not a subject you can study your ass off for and still not comprehend.
So, as i said before, and still say, anyone who lacks the ability/motivation to study lots for general maths and still not pick it up is really wasting their time doing the HSC.
Then you should say that they're wasting their time doing the "General Maths HSC course" and not the "HSC" in general, because it means something completeley different.

Maybe people are focusing more on other subjects? Don't tell people that they're wasting their time because they say they're gonna fail, because that's wasting your time saying it, when you could say something more relative/helpful for the thread.

And a_person86, I know exactly what you mean, and it's those tricks that get me everytime. If only they were straight fwd questions, then I would do so much better.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
What's so difficult about it?
If you dont' want to study for it because it's not a priority, that's fine.
But if you're trying hard, and you still aren't capable of comprehending such a basic subject, you might as well start bagging my groceries now.

Lindt

What's so difficult about it?
Well, firstly rarely are there any straight forward questions

Whilst in advanced i.e 2unit and above(according to what i've seen at my school)
Questions are straight forward as in there are no "wordy" questions(although i myself cant do them :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)