Going To Fail!! (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
ahhhhhhhhhhh FUCK!!!
Ok, i thought that i should start studying cos my trial exam is on this friday, but my fucken calculator broke!!! All the buttons on the left side column wont work - that includes the numbers 1, 4, 7, the shift button and many others. AHhhh what am i going to doooo??? Whenevr i wana press the '7' button i have to press 2+5 or something to get the number!! AHhhh i dont have any money to buy a new caclculator and even if i did, i would need the exact same model otherwise il get confused cos il have to learn how to use the new one arrrggghhhh im fucked!!

rumour

HSC
trumpet geek said:
hey guess what i used to be da GUN at general maths i got 90% for my half yearlys, then got 68% for the next assesment and then 49% for my last assesment and im getting worse and im going to fail!!! ahhh crap the trials are in a few weeks!! by the way all you 2 unit maths people should feel beta after reading this post if they think theyre doing bad in 2 unit - dude im failing GENRAL so there! muha muha hahaha muhaaa
Don't worry dude, my maths av. is prolly 50%!!!!

Auto Wah

welcome to the Stupid Bum Club. Joining you will be Agnes2810, BLA13R and Persephone87.

just imagine all the fun you guys will have together been bums!!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
agnes has already finished or something *shrugs*

trumpet geek: get another calculator

oh that is right, bring more than one and one that you are familiar with because things (batteries) will run out.

notlongnow

Hey i feel your paiin.. i used to come first in every assessment and class test.. then suddenly i slowly dropped im not that bad now.. but i wish i was still number one ahaha..

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
damn, i got 62% for my trials... i studied soooooo hard i spent hours studying every day during the holidays and i still got a crappy mark.... oh well at least i passed...... but it just isnt good enough!!!!!!!!! argh!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmmm.. hey main thing is that you improved.
there is nothing to do now, all you gotta do is be consistant in your studies and aim high for the HSC.
good luck :)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
DarkSecrets said:
general maths is more englished based.
it's not as easy as people think it should be, general maths is full of ambigous questions, while 2U is more literal based.
play nice people.

I KNOW!
I dropped down from 2U, and im missing the questions that go 'simplify' or something like that, not:

"Lucy works at Gardens'r'us'. She wants to reconfigure the window display so that the confir is facing the midday sun. How many degrees must she position it so that it face north and crosses the international date line?"

Kill me now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Persephone87 said:
I KNOW!
I dropped down from 2U, and im missing the questions that go 'simplify' or something like that, not:

"Lucy works at Gardens'r'us'. She wants to reconfigure the window display so that the confir is facing the midday sun. How many degrees must she position it so that it face north and crosses the international date line?"

Kill me now.
lmao - yes, i'm getting more than a little pissed with those questions...there are some REALLY stupid questions.. :uhhuh:

the only way to keep your marks up is to have someone you really hate constantly trying to beat you...i'm not particularly competitive but there's this one chick in my class who thinks she's so great and smart etc. and after the half-yearlys i was coming first and she came second and so there's like a silent competition between us to see who can get first...i've won the whole way so far!! i hate her..but at least i'm getting good marks :p

Last edited:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah i hated 2U lol
thank god i dropped it :)
ummmmms... i hate that topic (the one that persephone ) is talking about

HSC
N/A
omg 2U was ridiculous...

but I did 3U last year!! (Silver_Rose, I damn well should be in the general class. I used to get 13% in extension.... lol).

Maths sucks, what more is there to say?

As for the z scores, just memorise the formula, and remember that it has something to do with the bell-shaped curve and standard deviations :D:D:D (Alternatively, I believe the formula appears on the sheet... love that sheet....)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol yeah i know, i was surprised i had to revisit parabolas, expontential graphs :(

little_sez

Hey Guys and GIrls

hey Guys and Girls
I think tha if you work yourself up ti dosen't help. I know everyone ssays stay calm and how can you when you all stressd out but you got to make yourself take it one step at a time one question and plod along at it. I mean if yu do that bad you can always do it again. LOL
Little_ Sez

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
don't worry, I suck at maths... including general maths, so I'm gonna fail as well. And I study for it all the time... I just don't get it.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
I seriously think if someone's failing general maths then they're prettymuch wasting their time at high school.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Why should they give up on school just because of one subject? That's just stupid. I'm just passing maths but when it comes to the actual exam (basing my pressumptions on the trial) I'm not going to go so well, thus the word fail is brought in, but I'm still sticking to it and trying my best.

Equations aren't my thing. Writing is. I chose maths so that it would give me a bit more help in the long run.

Other's could be in the same predicament as myself and telling people who don't get like 50%< in general maths, that they are "wasting their time" completing high school, is to me, a rather arrogant thing to say.

We're all trying our best, thus the main reason we are at this site. You can keep your negative comments to your self. Thank you.

a_person86

HSC
I did Advanced Mathematics in year 9 and 10, and now do General Mathematics throught year 11 and 12. The main difference i have noticed between the questions i get wrong are:

Advanced Yr 9 & 10
"WTF"

General Yr 11 & 12
"Damn I cant believe i fell for that"

General Mathematics involve a load of sneaky tricks they pull off to fool ya. It involves more logical shit as oppose to Advanced, but theres always stuff they do, like changing units of measurements, the wording of problems, the General people know what im on about. Even a bloke that does 3unit agreed that there is alot of content in the exams for General, and there are some sneaky shit.

General Mathematics isn't a difficult course, it just requires you to be quick and alert. The people that fail this course obviously arent too good at maths, but doesnt mean that they gonna fuk their entire HSC!

Thats my 2 cents ;)

Last edited:

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
I wasn't saying "anyone who's not adept at maths should not be doing their HSC", i was making the point that unlike other harder subjects, even if you don't 'get' general, then it's not a subject you can study your ass off for and still not comprehend.
So, as i said before, and still say, anyone who lacks the ability/motivation to study lots for general maths and still not pick it up is really wasting their time doing the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)