Girraween High School! (1 Viewer)

Mumma

HSC
The school is great. I go there. I might even be one of your classmates in year 11.
Your name wouldnt be simon by the way, would it.

haejin

hhaha , okay im a senior girra student and one of my good freinds is the aforementioned daughter of the P.E teacher. She deserves every single mark get gets and she got top 5 in rank for this years chemistry HSC, cos she's in accelerated science.
And also, yeah, i saw you that day. Good luck with your grade, cos that grade is so diff to mine. Not very open. Very hardcore. Poser goths. NO real goths..therefore no fun. =P

haejin

gh0stlyg4bb1 said:
Okay, so the uniform is so-so, except for the girls winter pants which are the most atrocious item of school attire I have seen in a long time.

What time on Thursday? I might come and say hi....
Hey there Gabby. We should make a poser thread, eh?
Howd u go in ext eng 1 by the way?

barmaid

that school is around the corner from me. i never attented it coz i couldnt be bothered sitting the exam but i have been up there a few times to watch performances and wat not. but its an alrite school. but if you can get into another selective school than go there becase its not really high up the selective school ladder

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The so-called "Selective School Ladder" doesn't take into account non-academic elements, like how sociable the students are, and how students will cope outside of the HSC environment. Girra students come out a lot more prepared for the pressures of uni, and real life, than students at a lot of these "better" schools. I've seen students from "better" selective schools crash and burn at uni because they're not used to the methods of thinking emphasised in the tertiary environment.

snowman4eva

godlike member
HSC
i will be goin to girraween too for yr 11 n 12....starting from this yr
i hope ppl there r friendly..dah uniforms r great n hopin dah food dat canteen offers r delicious too...

i went to dah orientation n walked from pendle hill station to girra...god....MY LEGS!!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Pendle Hill Station to Girra isn't that bad a walk., though there's a bus that you can take from the station to school to save time. And the ladies in the canteen are extremely nice.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's a co-ed school.

Our school has the dubious distinction of being the first one in the country to establish grade websites, with the GHS2001 and Girra2002 sites leading the way.

It's because at our school, the dynamic seems a lot more conductive towards grade unity - in my year (class of 2002), everybody was divided into smaller groups, but each of those groups got along perfectly fine with each other. When we lost our classmate, most students from every group in our grade were in attendance at her funeral - two years after the end of school - from the curries to the skips, the asian nerds to the musos, all united by the loss of our classmate and friend.

At Ruse or Baulko, you may get what could arguably be called a better education. But at Girraween, you learn life skills, and develop friendships with people you never would have expected to - and those friends will be with you for many years to come. It may sound stupid, but I value these friendships far more than I do my UAI, and I don't regret for a second not going to Baulko or Ruse.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Does anybody know if there's a George Chen that goes there?

haejin

George Cheng is in my grade.
he's also in my bio class.
How do you knwo him?

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
Also, Girraween High School is where you'll find a PE teacher who is the father of not one, but Two 100.00 UAI scoring daughters.

At least, we Think the younger daughter will get a 100.00 UAI. The older one certainly did, and the younger one is smarter.

hehe Mr Sarlej =]

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The creator of a well known MSN patch is in Year 10 there.

somnambulist

It's because at our school, the dynamic seems a lot more conductive towards grade unity - in my year (class of 2002), everybody was divided into smaller groups, but each of those groups got along perfectly fine with each other.
I find that's mostly the case with our grade as well. Everyone more or less gets along with one another, and that contributes towards a friendlier environment that's easier to work in.

I have no doubt that Anna will reach her 100 U.A.I. goal. That girl works way hard and deserves everything she gets. And I feel guilty for being as motivated to study, seeing as though I usually distract her by talking to her when I sit next to her in class. Heh.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
STx said:
Year 11 u mean, this year.. Volv!! My friend

yeah omar. He's a fellow bot2k3 moderator. know him well i do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)