Girraween High School! (1 Viewer)

slix_88

HSC
I would like some details on girraween selective school, coz i'm considering attending the school for 11 and 12.

btw, i will be visiting the school on Thursday, so if anybody sees me in casual clothes, u'll know it's me, so don't be afraid to come up and give me advice.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
My step sister went there. Shes an absolute bitch to be honest.

I have never seen the school though. But I remember my step sister's school uniform, looks ok.

Its not really the best selective school around (without knocking the place).

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well it is out in the west, I'd say it's one of the best ones out in that area.
Worth going to unless you're willing to travel further towards the city

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's a great school, about as good as you can get without paying thousands of dollars for private tuition. The facilities aren't the best, nor are some of the teachers, but we always made do. Academically, it is excellent, as are most selective schools, however there are of course issues. You'll find though that it's in the quality of your classmates where the school excels - Girraween students tend to be nicer and more socially well-rounded than students of other selective schools.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Also, Girraween High School is where you'll find a PE teacher who is the father of not one, but Two 100.00 UAI scoring daughters.

At least, we Think the younger daughter will get a 100.00 UAI. The older one certainly did, and the younger one is smarter.

Skeeta

HSC
Yeah its apparently a fairly good school, i didnt go there but i was accepted in year 7.

My mum works there and she always says that the kids are nicer than some of the other schools she has been at so that is a good start :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i think Kimmeh (a member of BoS) went there she just finished u can ask her about the school
yup :D
Phanatical said:
Girraween students tend to be nicer and more socially well-rounded than students of other selective schools.
i agree on this statement. I moved from another selecteive school to Girraween and i was suprised to find that the people were very socially active and open. I dont think i met anyone in my grade that was "nerdy" and kept to themselves and engulfed into their own study. The school itself is a "quiet achieving" school and doesnt get much publicity/attention as JR and Baulkulm hills. The facilites arent flash, but it really depends on the student body and their willingness to learn. IMO, i beleive that my move to Girraween was worth while, i know some people will say otherwise and that its a shit school, but theyre the ones who have been at the school since year 7 and have not gone around to see others :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
AHAHHAHA :p really now mike? i will never let you forget your experiences with my school :p
yes yes, i know hahahaha :p

gh0stlyg4bb1

HSC
Okay, so the uniform is so-so, except for the girls winter pants which are the most atrocious item of school attire I have seen in a long time.

What time on Thursday? I might come and say hi....

7th Sign

HSC
where da fuk is Girraween :| no affence but ive never heard of that place in my life?

gh0stlyg4bb1

HSC
It's in Western Sydney. Just slightly further west than Parramatta.

Skeeta

HSC
Nope.. theres only cowboys and indians in the wild wild west...

slix_88

HSC
gh0stlyg4bb1 said:
Okay, so the uniform is so-so, except for the girls winter pants which are the most atrocious item of school attire I have seen in a long time.

What time on Thursday? I might come and say hi....
I'll be there for the whole day! I'll just be roaming aound the school and in my spare time, i might be in the library. Early in the morning, before school starts, i'll be around the entrance. I hope i'll c u there!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The uniform looks pretty good compared to most schools. The girls pants were something that the girls pushed for, and got. In my year, the guys pushed for black pants for seniors, but that got knocked back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)