General Thoughts - Modern History (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Good exam.

Would've done a whole lot better if i was prepared.

Cramming didn't work much. :(

WWI - Easy
Russia/USSR - First question was difficult but meh i still did it.
Trotsky - Easy
Cold War - EASY. Thank god i studied the Truman Doctrine the night before.

Just happy it's over. :D

lilymad

HSC
i love cramming! I've studied for all my exams in the night before...with the War in the pacific, i only studied one aspect of it which was the civilians in occupied territories and thank god that was one of the questions or i woulda been so screwed! i thought it was a pretty good paper...

mc88

HSC
I'm a little bit nervous.

Section 1 was ok. Was I the only person who said the offensive wasn't that significant? I said it didn't have that much of a bearing on the war because the outcome had already been determined by the US intervention and the depletion of resources for Germany, in combination with growing war-weariness. I pretty much said that the offensive served only as confirmation that Germany was going to lose.

Section 2 was ok. Both were fair questions.

The personality questions sucked and didn't suit my personality at all. Especially the events one. How do you argue that "events effect people more than people effect events" when your personality has spend 30 of his 40 years in prominence in prison where the biggest events were chipping away at rocks?

Section 4 was relatively hard. If I talked about the right thing though, I'd have gone ok.

Overall, I went a bit over the lines for the WW1 questions, wrote 8 pages for National Studies, wrote 4 and a half for the first personality question, 5 for the second, and another 8 pages for the Indochina one. I finished as soon as they said pens down.

Overall, I'm not feeling too great about it.

row lindsay

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm world war one i wrote an odd 16+ pages for secition one...my hand hurts considerably.

germany i wrote 16 pages. i picked a

leni i done 16 for part b and 13 for part a

pacific i done 16 pages.

MY HAND HURTS A HELL OF A LOT.

overall i think i performed solidly. i hope its a band 5 although i would be extactic if it was a 6. :D

goodluck to all those modern candidates :D

xoxo
Ahahaha yeah sure u did, smartest person on my year couldn't even do that
u write 16 pages for germany and get like 21 if u can write well, i ran outta time and wrote 4 and will still get 15 big deal, u wrote 16 pages, what do u want a fucking cookie

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
YAY HISTORY IS OVER FOREVER! I thought it was relatively easy but I probably could've done better if I'd actually studied more than just the afternoon and night before. My history teacher kept telling us we would need six weeks, I'd hate to think what he'd say if I told him i studied 6 hrs max. My hand hurts heaps tho and it was just pure luck that the questions were almost exactly what I studied except for indochina. But i bs'd anyway.

navelj

HSC
Does anyone do South Africa for National Studies? I did the international response question - 13 pages. Section 1 was really easy and Ludendorf's spring offensive and changing attitudes are just what i predicted - besides the home front. War in the Pacific - why occupied territories? i did it any way - 9 pages - i though it would be the homefronts. Personality questions was ok - a bit weird - but ok - question A didn't fit as well as thought it would - Nelson Mandela - overrall 12 pages.

JeffreyTse

HSC
Yay!... i thought the exam went really smooth for me. except the end my hand was hurting really badly. I thought everything was pretty good except i could have used some more quotes. But all in all... im hoping for a solid band 5, maybe low band 6 now.

I'm on 83% for school assessments.. so i dunno. But im sooooooooo relieved!
Except everyone said they did well........

i.love.my.duck

HSC
i.love.my.duck said:
well i wrote like 25 pages for each section....
i.love.my.duck said:

but seeing as i only wrote one word on each line, in actuality, i only wrote like 400 words for each section =P

abbott75 said:
At least the marker will be able to read it, unlike mine. I'm not even entirely sure I wrote in English!

lol i was just joking...but my writing is really hard to read as well...for my english trials, i had written on every paper: extremely poor handwriting affects meaning

williamc

HSC
mc88 said:

Section 1 was ok. Was I the only person who said the offensive wasn't that significant? I said it didn't have that much of a bearing on the war because the outcome had already been determined by the US intervention and the depletion of resources for Germany, in combination with growing war-weariness. I pretty much said that the offensive served only as confirmation that Germany was going to lose.

Yer thats what i said. I said the previous events of the war took there toll on the German army. Like lack of resources, new british technology, arrival of Americans etc. I said the failure of the offensive was the catalyst that intensfied all these German weaknesses and subsquently started the German collapse and Allied victory.

navelj

HSC
mc88 said:

Section 2 was ok. Both were fair questions.

The personality questions sucked and didn't suit my personality at all. Especially the events one. How do you argue that "events effect people more than people effect events" when your personality has spend 30 of his 40 years in prominence in prison where the biggest events were chipping away at rocks?

Section 4 was relatively hard. If I talked about the right thing though, I'd have gone ok.

Overall, I went a bit over the lines for the WW1 questions, wrote 8 pages for National Studies, wrote 4 and a half for the first personality question, 5 for the second, and another 8 pages for the Indochina one. I finished as soon as they said pens down.

Overall, I'm not feeling too great about it.
Hey do you do Nelson Mandela - he was in gaol for 27 years, not 40. If you did, i understand - but you could have moulded the question to events such as Sophia Town in 1955 and Sharpeville or the near civil war crisis of 1984-85 / 1990-93 Inkatha/ANC violence - remember reovlutionary, conservative or nationalist.

oliperro

HSC
You are all sick,

i cant believe i ever signed up to this shit website. after every exam i go home pissed off because my last five weeks of consistent 10 hour study days just amounted to a failure. and in trying to find someone who can empathise with me. all i can find is "Nailed it", 'UAI=100', 'i love history'.

oh yeh, and wats with those ppl who are on this site that graduated like 3-6 years ago. how can you even bring yourself to have any interest in the HSC after youve finished it. 'i think its time to move on'

does anyone else think like this are all you all the same.

nickwilson

HSC
williamc said:
Yer thats what i said. I said the previous events of the war took there toll on the German army. Like lack of resources, new british technology, arrival of Americans etc. I said the failure of the offensive was the catalyst that intensfied all these German weaknesses and subsquently started the German collapse and Allied victory.
yeah i said that as well.. smoked that test, perfect questions for germany and pacific the ones i was prepared for :):):)

Last edited:

abbott75

HSC
oliperro said:
You are all sick,

i cant believe i ever signed up to this shit website. after every exam i go home pissed off because my last five weeks of consistent 10 hour study days just amounted to a failure. and in trying to find someone who can empathise with me. all i can find is "Nailed it", 'UAI=100', 'i love history'.

oh yeh, and wats with those ppl who are on this site that graduated like 3-6 years ago. how can you even bring yourself to have any interest in the HSC after youve finished it. 'i think its time to move on'

Yeah it does sorta suck to come here and see the people who wrote 15 pages per question... my school assessment mark was 85 and my longest answer was 7 pages today!

historykidd

HSC
oliperro said:
You are all sick,

Hi.

End yourself.

Thanks,

Historykidd,

blackall46

HSC
oliperro said:
You are all sick,

yer man fuck off ya old cunts

2muchwork

HSC
so obviously this site is just for lovejobs who write 20 000 pages and nail the exam..to all of you people i hope you misinterpreted a question and fail miserbaly leaving you with nothing but a sore HAND and a crushed ego i cant believe people today are so cocky this is the biggest waste of time why dont you just keep it to yourself and tell yourself how good your are instead of posting comments on here but anyway GOODLUCK hope you all live up to your expectations of a band 6 pft!

oconnor

HSC
Ok so ah, paper wasnt t o o bad I suppose.

15 - 16 pages? Thats bullshit, you couldnt have time to do that. Plus it would have been shit house anyway, unless you write in 50 times font style lol

Meh no more modern? whos happy? im getting on it tonight :) celebratory drinks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)