General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
non cal was too easy... liked the last question on that with the bushfire watch tower.
some girl in my year colour the whole thing in wtf!
The calc test was medium the formula i got was n ova 4 but it was probably wrong.. idk.
some of the questions were so easy that they made themselves hard aye.
but wat can you do now

Emily FTW
For the bush fire one, i used my compass and like drew half circles and coloured where they overlapped.
but half the pages i saw were like completely coloured or were coloured on one whole side od AB

Entity

HSC
non cal was too easy... liked the last question on that with the bushfire watch tower.
some girl in my year colour the whole thing in wtf!
The calc test was medium the formula i got was n ova 4 but it was probably wrong.. idk.
some of the questions were so easy that they made themselves hard aye.
but wat can you do now

Emily FTW
Lol lucky i didnt forget my geometry set... you couldnt do that without it...

K

khorne

Overall, the test was nice and easy. I already know that I made a mistake in the non-calculator section (FML), but other than that, I'm expecting 90+ or a Band 6.

For the last question, my expression was this:
1³ + 2³ + 3³ + ... + (n-2) ³ + (n-1) ³ + n³

I realise that it doesn't work for certain small numbers, but do you guys think I might be able to scrape a mark with this? :(
From what people have old me the question was, I believe you could use summation from n=1 to n of n^3, i.e 1^3 + 2^3 +...n^3, which works for all whole numbers

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Overall, the test was nice and easy. I already know that I made a mistake in the non-calculator section (FML), but other than that, I'm expecting 90+ or a Band 6.

I realise that it doesn't work for certain small numbers, but do you guys think I might be able to scrape a mark with this? :(
thats what i got, and it is correct i think.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
ughh.. those square and cube questions were horrific
overall i think i did quite well though

what was a reason that the girl was wrong for saying her team had a 1 in 12 chance of winning or whatever?

and can someone please walk me through the last question of that tiles/pavement question?
i got it right to a certain extent... my answer was out by a decimal place and had a 0 missing from what the answer should have been :S

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
yeah i found multiple choice easy
non calculator test alright
last part alright
but the cube crap was a bit confusing
hehe
All i member

was one of the answers were 1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2 + 4^2 + 5^2 + 6^2 = 91

HSC
N/A
Mathematics - 2009 SC - Opinions and Thoughts

Hey guys

Just like to see how others felt about the maths paper sc this year - last question was uber hard :S

muzeikchun852

HSC

i got this n³ + (n-1) ³ + (n-2) ³ ... 1³..
is it the same thing?

super_starr

HSC

ughh i had something along those lines but in the end i crossed it out and wrote some crap i dont even remember. FAIL :evilfire:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Number of cubes I got 36. I spent twenty minutes trying to work out an expression for it and failed. I don't think the formula is right, 4 cubes should be 100, formula gives 80.

LOL. I spent ages working out on that. THen I made up a retarded formula.

1^3+2^3+3^3 = 36

and 36 + 4^3= 100 right?

well my formula just did not make sense.
It made sense at the time though. Like all my silly mistakes.

hul0

HSC
it was so hard harder than last years....i made the stupidest mistakes like the 1 in non calc with the square and a shaded area i awkwardly got square root 50 as my side and wrote that perimeter=4 square root 50 but i just realised that 1 side = root 100 which is 10 so perimeter is 40

what a bummer ;( nd the 2nd last question was too much 4 my brain so i redrew the diagram to scale and read of my protactor

i got 45 degrees =)

i left the ratio heights one blank but now i know how darn easy it was SHUD HAVE JUST MULTIPLIED BY 15

DID ANYONE GET MORE THAN 1 CORRECT ANSWER 4 THA TABLE OF VALUES QUESTION IN SECTION 2 COZ I ONLY GOT 1 AND THE RATIO OF BOYS TO GIRLS QUESTION I FOUND THAT ALL OPTIONS WERE CORRECT AND STARTED SWEARING AT THE PAPER :evilfire:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

SHIT.

I did not see that extra triangle going through the middle of the diagram. I just assumed the square was added in to make it look complicated BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT. I wrote the answer was 60.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
it was so hard harder than last years....i made the stupidest mistakes like the 1 in non calc with the square and a shaded area i awkwardly got square root 50 as my side and wrote that perimeter=4 square root 50 but i just realised that 1 side = root 100 which is 10 so perimeter is 40

what a bummer ;( nd the 2nd last question was too much 4 my brain so i redrew the diagram to scale and read of my protactor

i got 45 degrees =)

i left the ratio heights one blank but now i know how darn easy it was SHUD HAVE JUST MULTIPLIED BY 15

DID ANYONE GET MORE THAN 1 CORRECT ANSWER 4 THA TABLE OF VALUES QUESTION IN SECTION 2 COZ I ONLY GOT 1 AND THE RATIO OF BOYS TO GIRLS QUESTION I FOUND THAT ALL OPTIONS WERE CORRECT AND STARTED SWEARING AT THE PAPER :evilfire:

I got that too. What did people get for the triangle question ... That translation rotation etc...
?

How many marks was that triangle question?

ANDD

Did anyone get that last question?

invisibleears

HSC
OMG, yes lol. Getting alot in a row always throw me off >_>

Mudkip94

HSC
I got them all as correct.

salih08

HSC
Re: Mathematics - 2009 SC - Opinions and Thoughts

i didnt get the rule for the last question? what was it?

also the 2nd last question in section 1 where it asked for the angle x in that equilateral triangle above the square. what was it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)