General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on the SC Maths exam here.

alex_barca

HSC
Maths was not too hard but not too easy. medium i say.Multiple Choice was really easy, the last questions on the paper were probably the hardest. Anyone get the question about the cube's size differences or something like that? i said something like 38.

sfer

HSC
I had absolutely no idea for the last 2 question for the squares...

jesskies

HSC
Square's threw me off so much. I didn't end up doing it because it just confused the hell out of me. Everything else was okay. Medium.

spriinkles

HSC
non calculator was not easy but the rest was quite ok
the last two questions i got 36 for the number of cubes and for the numerical expression of the formula i said it could be n^3 + n^2
but thats probably wrong idk..

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
non calculator was not easy but the rest was quite ok
the last two questions i got 36 for the number of cubes and for the numerical expression of the formula i said it could be n^3 + n^2
but thats probably wrong idk..
Number of cubes I got 36. I spent twenty minutes trying to work out an expression for it and failed. I don't think the formula is right, 4 cubes should be 100, formula gives 80.

Mudkip94

HSC
Maths was not too hard but not too easy. medium i say.Multiple Choice was really easy, the last questions on the paper were probably the hardest. Anyone get the question about the cube's size differences or something like that? i said something like 38.
It was 36 me thinks. 13 + 23 + 33 = 36

spriinkles

HSC
Number of cubes I got 36. I spent twenty minutes trying to work out an expression for it and failed. I don't think the formula is right, 4 cubes should be 100, formula gives 80.
yeah im not suprised its wrong
i cbf to check it...

manutd12

HSC
The multiple choice was really easy, but some of the other stuff was stupidly hard. And like wtff was the cub thing, I swear that took me of.
The board of studies dont understander simplicity.
Like not once did I use my formula sheet, why put it there if its not gonna be used. Like wtff man ..

Mudkip94

HSC
I liked the 2nd last one in the non-calculator with the square and triangle. No-one else at my school got that one *he he*.

supre

HSC
I liked the 2nd last one in the non-calculator with the square and triangle. No-one else at my school got that one *he he*.
wat was the answer for that i think i got something like 40 or 45 degrees.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
The multiple choice was really easy, but some of the other stuff was stupidly hard. And like wtff was the cub thing, I swear that took me of.
The board of studies dont understander simplicity.
Like not once did I use my formula sheet, why put it there if its not gonna be used. Like wtff man ..
Maybe the Bored of Studies wanted to discriminate and break down the discrepancies this year?

Mythril

HSC
Maths was pretty easy for me. I finished everything before the time limit and spent basically 30 minutes checking stuff. For the last cube question, my expression was: 1^3 + 2^3 +3^3.....n^3 = total no. of cubes, since n was an undefined number.

Entity

HSC
Thinking back on that now, i think i know what i was supposed to do. But i didnt do it... someone enlighten me please?

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Overall, the test was nice and easy. I already know that I made a mistake in the non-calculator section (FML), but other than that, I'm expecting 90+ or a Band 6.

For the last question, my expression was this:
1³ + 2³ + 3³ + ... + (n-2) ³ + (n-1) ³ + n³

I realise that it doesn't work for certain small numbers, but do you guys think I might be able to scrape a mark with this? :(

favorite_colour

HSC
non cal was too easy... liked the last question on that with the bushfire watch tower.
some girl in my year colour the whole thing in wtf!
The calc test was medium the formula i got was n ova 4 but it was probably wrong.. idk.
some of the questions were so easy that they made themselves hard aye.
but wat can you do now

Emily FTW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)