General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

deceptionex

HSC
Re: GG.com

If YOU think thats a crappy distribution
General Maths - School doesn't offer it
Mathematics 2U - Less than 40 guys doing it
Maths 3U - 121 People doing it
Maths 4u - 71 People doing it

Also some random trivia, Business Studies (most popular elective in the state, not inc. maths and stuff) - 15 people

twoey

HSC
Re: Small numbers

You can count the number of people who did Ex 2 Maths at my school over the last two years on one hand. You'll need less hands to count the amount of E4s we get ...

damo_g

HSC

How much time did you guys spend on maths to be getting high 70s/80s?

You can count the number of people who did Ex 2 Maths at my school over the last two years on one hand. You'll need less hands to count the amount of E4s we get ...
You don't even need any fingers to count the number of people that have done ex2 maths at my school in the last 2 years or the amount of E4s.

D94

HSC
N/A

How much time did you guys spend on maths to be getting high 70s/80s?
Just work consistently (and somewhat ahead) throughout the year, and you should do well.

Wiz Apprec Soc

HSC

Marked my 3 -Unit exam off the internet. 72/84. Which is very good considering I only answered 72 marks worth of the test since I ran out of time! Oh well, defs band E4! Question 7 binomial was a breeze for everyone that did StuVAc course at Sydney Uni. Same question.

FallopianTubez

HSC

Marked my 3 -Unit exam off the internet. 72/84. Which is very good considering I only answered 72 marks worth of the test since I ran out of time! Oh well, defs band E4! Question 7 binomial was a breeze for everyone that did StuVAc course at Sydney Uni. Same question.
Thanks mate, didn't ask.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad

"1. stuvac 118 up, 14 down

The term used to define the period every Australian Year 12 student goes through in which they pretend to study before final exams but in reality waste away their last weeks on MSN Messenger and watching TV.
Person 1: So what're you doing at the moment?
Person 2: Playing WoW
Person 1: Ah so you're on stuvac?
Person 2: Yeah..."

From the most accurate dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stuvac

brachester

HSC

"1. stuvac 118 up, 14 down

The term used to define the period every Australian Year 12 student goes through in which they pretend to study before final exams but in reality waste away their last weeks on MSN Messenger and watching TV.
Person 1: So what're you doing at the moment?
Person 2: Playing WoW
Person 1: Ah so you're on stuvac?
Person 2: Yeah..."

From the most accurate dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stuvac
lol????

Ezalb

HSC
Re: GG.com

To be honest, it was better than I expected. I was happy there wasn't a lot of permutations and stuff, I hate permutations and combinations. I was also feeling really unconfident about the projectile and simple harmonic motion, but they weren't too bad. Question 7 destroyed me, I couldn't get any of it. :(
I was happy with the math induction question, I saw it was on question 6 and thought it would be really hard but I actually liked it.
Oh, and you know how on question one we had to differentiate sin^2x/x or something? I accidentally integrated it. XD

Overall, I'm reasonably happy. Aside from that stupid mistake and question 7 I think I did pretty good. I'm confident that I passed, just not too sure how well.

deebsm

HSC
Re: Holy Fuckaroni

My sister did the 08 paper as her HSC and she said it was brutal... Today's one was pretty much the same brutality. Did anyone notice we didnt need the table of standard integrals?

Also I didnt have enough time... I didnt get to finish writing my conclusion... so hopefully the markers understand.... haha

utanobeiiby

HSC
Re: Holy Fuckaroni

>< it was hard! there were many tricky questions >< i stuck on circle geometry and the freaken inequality thing >< left out like 7-8 marks >< never left out that much mars on a 3U paper before><

mojo1

HSC
What would a mark of 72/84 for 3u scale to and a mark of 96/120 for 4u?

I am 1st in both at a school ranked about 40th. Relatively, I screwed up a lot.

Couldn't do the algebra to find the y-intercept and the maximum turning point even though i could see the answer :(

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
What would a mark of 72/84 for 3u scale to and a mark of 96/120 for 4u?

I am 1st in both at a school ranked about 40th. Relatively, I screwed up a lot.

Couldn't do the algebra to find the y-intercept and the maximum turning point even though i could see the answer :(
So I 'm not the only one who feels like a retard for screwing up that question. Those marks will scale high, last years E4 cut off for 3U was..56? and for 4U, well a 96 will go, easily mid-high 90's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)