General Thoughts - Geography (1 Viewer)

darrynXtreem

HSC
merrymadi said:
The photographer wasn't facing north. The photo was taken facing NW (the top of the picture was NW, the left was SW, right was NE and bottom was SE). The light was coming from the left of the picture, that's SW. Therefore the shadows were on the right side, NE, of the buildings. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so it would've been afternoon: 3pm.

You can say goodbye to a mark, sir.
You're such a fool. Read the question: "Refer to Sources E and G to answer Question 12" Yes, that's right Source G! G. G. GEEEEEE! G for GO fuck yourself. At no time does it say refer to Source F for go FUCK yourself to answer Question 12.

Read the question properly before you try tell others, who are obviously a bit wiser than you, where they have gone wrong. Based on your response to Q12 I'd say you can say goodbye to a lot more than one mark, sir. 96.85 might be a touch optimistic.

psychosomatic

pwnzor
HSC
darrynXtreem said:
You're such a fool. Read the question: "Refer to Sources E and G to answer Question 12" Yes, that's right Source G! G. G. GEEEEEE! G for GO fuck yourself. At no time does it say refer to Source F for go FUCK yourself to answer Question 12.

Read the question properly before you try tell others, who are obviously a bit wiser than you, where they have gone wrong. Based on your response to Q12 I'd say you can say goodbye to a lot more than one mark, sir. 96.85 might be a touch optimistic.
LOL. God you are such a betch.
Leave it be guys.

margarita159

HSC
hey, can we PLEASE stop talking about this one mark question, the thread keeps on repeating the same points, like a broken record

blackall46

HSC
margarita159 said:
hey, can we PLEASE stop talking about this one mark question, the thread keeps on repeating the same points, like a broken record
obviously you're upset you got it wrong

pablito

HSC
need some help.

for my section 3 responces, i did all essays, with no diagrams.

is this ok.

or am i facked.

you guys are lucky you actually had a geo teacher to teach you!

ashpash

HSC
I thought they were very nice to us. I agree that question 20 limited us to how much we could write!! I had to ditch my case study and make up something random! oh wells all over now. hope everyone went alright!!!

bekfed

HSC
I though the Exam was relatively easy. Multiple choices were ‘OK.’ As for the short answers, I thought they were pretty good and the essays were fantastic...I wrote a lot for ecosystems...Around 12 pages I think....Then I got 9 for Urban dynamics...focusing on suburbanisation. In preparation for the last question I looked at both Tourism and Viticulture for economic enterprises and depending on the question I would choose which one to extend upon in the exam. Given the question, I chose to do ‘Tourism’ as I saw the question fitting to my understanding of both the present state and possible state of tourism in the future, not to mention the fact that it is the fastest and most economically renowned industry in the world. Overall a good exam…

dmol992000

HSC
simon1989 said:
i took the paper home and i still can't work out how to do that time of day question by looking at the photo and topo map. the only thing i could think of was shadows but that could be a cloud or something. any ideas anyone

there was no one on the beach or anything so i just assumed it was (a)

meh12c

HSC
um help people.....i answered question 20 with reference to blacktown-

a) is it a suburb

b)i talked about technological change does it count

for question 19 i talked about the GBR as it only asked for one right

and for question 21 i talked about the viticulutre and wine industry- is it right

THE REASON Y I'M PANICING IS BECAUSE HAD A SUBSTITUE TEACHER ALL YEAR

HELP ME

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY HELP ME

macdoll

HSC
meh12c said:

a) is it a suburb

and for question 21 i talked about the viticulutre and wine industry- is it right

HELP ME

Hey, stress less :p
Im not sure about the Blacktown thing, coz our class studied Pyrmont. What urban dynamic did you discuss? Yes, for question 19 you had to refer to at least one ecosystem at risk and the GBR is definitely a good one to use, and Im pretty sure you're right on track with Viticulture as an economic activity.

So chill :D!

cassie m

HSC
I found the m/c and short answer really hard! Especially the last question about an enterprise from the map, I just said commercial fishing??!
The essays were pretty good. However ecosystems at risk was a bit ambitious and kinda threw me, did they want human or natural changes? The urban dynamics worked well with my case study of Pyrmont for urban renewal.

Far-Kew

HSC
That was the easiest test i had by far. I was ready for everything except urban dynamics in a suburb....well i knew my case study (pyrmont-urban consolidation) but i forgot to go over it in the lead up to my exam. This aside i am expecting a mark between 78-85.

Hope all of you go well :D

Far-Kew

HSC
meh12c said:

a) is it a suburb

HELP ME

hey, i think the blacktown thing will go down well if you wrote about it in proper relation to the question.

the gbr will be fine although is a bad one to do as it is overdone in hsc geography and markers tire of the same old thing, i did lord howe island and coastal dunes...lol

and the viticulture will also work especially as it doesnt seem as it was/would have been widely used in comparrison to things such as tourism...

sucks about the substiture though

elgost25

HSC
Alex Osborne said:
"Critically analyse ONE urban dynamic of change operating in a country town OR suburb"

Unfortunatly you didn't read the question correctly because this could easily be related to Sydney. Sydney has suburbs, all you had to do was critically analyse an urban dynamic operating in a suburb of Sydney. E.g. i analysed Urban Renewal operating in Pyrmont.
Unlucky bro. Ohh well its over and nearly time to party. yew.
OH MY...FUK!!! u cant be serious... when i read that i thought i had to do like.. our case study for a small town/ country townish place was dubbo... so i talked about yknow, the idea that services and stuff were being scaled back in other smaller regional centres due to decentralization and shit... i ddnt think that pyremont was valid because i read the 'country' bit and i thought it meant lke 'country town'/'country suburb' or some shit like that.... OH SHIT...damnt damnit i had so much experience with pyremont since the whole class (all 14 of us plus the teacher) went to pyremont and walked around, better yet the teacher WAS FROM pyremont during the decay phase so we had soo much backround info... GAHH i could have easily SMASHED that question in half.

OH NO... damit damit im fuked

darrynXtreem

HSC
elgost25 said:
OH SHIT...damnt damnit i had so much experience with pyremont since the whole class (all 14 of us plus the teacher) went to pyremont and walked around, better yet the teacher WAS FROM pyremont during the decay phase so we had soo much backround info... GAHH i could have easily SMASHED that question in half.

OH NO... damit damit im fuked
I doubt you could have smashed that question in half for 2 reasons.

Firstly, if you were stupid enough to think you could only refer to a country town in this question, then I seriously doubt you would have the intellect required to 'smash' any question in half.

Secondly, judging by the fact that you cannot even spell Pyrmont properly, I am very doubtful any amount of background information would have been enough to compensate.

No one feels sorry for you, deal with it.

mouldy

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
I doubt you could have smashed that question in half for 2 reasons.

Firstly, if you were stupid enough to think you could only refer to a country town in this question, then I seriously doubt you would have the intellect required to 'smash' any question in half.

Secondly, judging by the fact that you cannot even spell Pyrmont properly, I am very doubtful any amount of background information would have been enough to compensate.

No one feels sorry for you, deal with it.
Oh for fucks sake sake darrynXtreem, everybody hates you and your holier-then-thou attitude so just shut up.

munchybuddy

HSC
Far-Kew said:
That was the easiest test i had by far. I was ready for everything except urban dynamics in a suburb....well i knew my case study (pyrmont-urban consolidation) but i forgot to go over it in the lead up to my exam. This aside i am expecting a mark between 78-85.

Hope all of you go well :D
Well...
I wish i felt as confident as you
I think i pretty much stuffed that exam, and what i realised is the geography is worth shit in terms of UAI weighting, and i think i have just failed it so i dont think ill be goin to uni... *sighs* :mad1:

psychosomatic

pwnzor
HSC
mouldy said:
Oh for fucks sake sake darrynXtreem, everybody hates you and your holier-then-thou attitude so just shut up.
I second that. Shut up darrynXtreem. If the only way you can feel better about yourself is behind a keyboard then you have some serious issues. I bet the monitors glow is the only warmth you get. Asswipe.

darrynXtreem

HSC
psychosomatic said:
I second that. Shut up darrynXtreem. If the only way you can feel better about yourself is behind a keyboard then you have some serious issues. I bet the monitors glow is the only warmth you get. Asswipe.
Interesting. Very Interesting guys.

As I'm sure you can all appreciate, the Geography Syllabus is very broad and extensive. However, as our class has a such a 'well-connected' teacher, it ensures that we need to study only the absolute minimum we need in order to obtain full marks. With a little of all that spare time, some of us have chosen to familiarise ourselves with the works of Dr Sigmund Freud (for those of you from westie schools, he was a famous Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist. One of his psychoanalitcal theories is called 'projection' - and what do you know, fellow BOS posters have yet again proved of assistance by providing a perfect case study for this particular condition.

Psychological projection is when people 'project' their own shortcomings and embarrasing personal traits onto someone else. Now so of you may have also seen the irony in a user called 'psychosomatic' displaying this defence mechanism. Never did I state or imply that sitting behind a computer screen and typing makes me feel better about myself. Our 'psycho' friend feels the need to second and repeat another BOS member, demonstrating the need to get something off their chest. Something so they can feel better about themselves.

Let me explain to you 'pyschosomatic' - if you want to feel more warmth than just the monitor's glow, you need to work on your jealousy issues and accept that some people will always be better than you. Tough titties.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)