10A
11B
12A
13D
14B
15D

fugglybob89

HSC
hey wit the gradient did u guys get the height as around 3900m cos of the 500m contour line near the light house? my MC were
1 A (wrong)
2 A
3 B
4 D
5 D
6 B
7 A
8 C
9 B
10 A
11 A (WRONG)
12 A
13 D
14 C
15 D
hope these are right :D

fugglybob89

HSC
hey that was my bro who put in his multiple choice. i got

1. B
2. A
3. B
4. D
5. D
6. C
7. B
8. C
9. B
10. A
11. D
12. A
13. A
14. B
15. D

and yes i ave jus realised wat i said bout the sun rising in the west, im a dumb ass, disregard that comment

astrolio

Shifty Member
HSC
joas said:
question 20 was a fuckin stupid question!
AMEN to that! like in the text book theres like one paragraph on ex urbanisation and im going how the hell am i going to rite an entire booklet on it? i ended up riting the most ridiculous stuff i cud think of like the pollution impact that exurbanisation cud have etc. only ended up with 3 pages on that :mad1: but the other essays were awesum. 6 and 6 and a half pages for q20 and q21 respectively.

yea im pretty sure its 9am coz the shadow is falling west and the sun rises from east :)

MC was abit iffy, short answers were DECENT, q 19 + q21 were great, q 20 i swear i cud chop of board of studies head for that one.

We were interupted by THUNDER, LIGHTNING, hail and HEAVY rain. soooo distracting....ur like riting riting BOOOM riting riting AHH ITS HAILING ritin ritng CRACKLE! gahhhhhh i hope i get scaled up coz of the weather! :burn:

thecan

HSC
for the buildings question i got c) 3pm.

reasoning:

firstly, as corectly restated, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, but because we were in vancouver (and west coast city), we are probably not used to it cause we are all east coast people. (ie, in Sydney the sun rises over the water, whilst in Vancouver the sun sets over the water)

the shadows of the buildings were on our side of the page, as in closest to us, if u get what i mean. since the photo was looking North West (as answered in the previous question), the fact that we can actually see the shadows of the buildings, must mean that the shadows are on the EASTERN side of the buildings, and that therefore the sun is on the west of the buildings...therefore its in the afternoon

following???

the next thing to consider is whether it is 3pm or 7pm?? now taking the logical approach and noticing that there it quite alot of snow on the mountains in the background, one would assume its winter(ish). if its winter, and being relativly high up in latitude, there is now way it would even be light at 7pm at night.

therefore the answer is c) 3pm

comments...

brittle89

HSC
thecan said:
for the buildings question i got c) 3pm.

reasoning:

firstly, as corectly restated, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, but because we were in vancouver (and west coast city), we are probably not used to it cause we are all east coast people. (ie, in Sydney the sun rises over the water, whilst in Vancouver the sun sets over the water)

the shadows of the buildings were on our side of the page, as in closest to us, if u get what i mean. since the photo was looking North West (as answered in the previous question), the fact that we can actually see the shadows of the buildings, must mean that the shadows are on the EASTERN side of the buildings, and that therefore the sun is on the west of the buildings...therefore its in the afternoon

following???

the next thing to consider is whether it is 3pm or 7pm?? now taking the logical approach and noticing that there it quite alot of snow on the mountains in the background, one would assume its winter(ish). if its winter, and being relativly high up in latitude, there is now way it would even be light at 7pm at night.

therefore the answer is c) 3pm

comments...

ahahah what the **** shit, do you usually think that much for one question? i cant imagine what went through your brain for all the other questions...
good work my friend good work.
i jst thought, hey i think its morning * circles a*
the end

Jay Grandi

HSC
yeh jus gunna randomly jump in, i dont even know what the last few posts have said.. but i rekon the exam was pretty good, i got 64/100 in the trial and i rekon i topped it. i got 8 pages on ecosystems at risk, 7 on the urban dynamic, which worked out sweet, cos i'd prepared an essay of pyrmont focussing only on urban consolidations :D and the economic activity i got 7 too.
Multiple choice answers i remember selecting: 1.B, um 3pm was my answer for the time and 342* for another. pretty much it. hope i beat yas all :D

mcplayer

HSC
N/A
yeah the MC was pretty much what i expected..although i htought there were gonna be weather maps in there...low pressure systems, wind direction etc but there wasnt

the essays were pretty good...i didnt like them at the start but once i thought about it..it made sense

the short answers were the the best out of the three sections i thought..the answers werent that hard to find and write down

all up..good papers..expecting about a 75 to 80 hopefully
band 5 :):):):):)

-bridey-

HSC
not a bad exam must say much better than chemistry lol essays pretty good for once glad my teacher spent bout billion lessons blabbering bout pyrmont, ecosystem left me stuck for a while but got 5 pages in to keep the marker happy, good old predictable tourism

short answers were bad i liked ternary graph...but what was vertical exaggeration??

M/C werent bad for shadows i got 3pm but i was covinced they were facing east but yeh

anyways hoping for above 75 anywas see what geo bring

GOODLUCK WITH ALL YOUR EXAMS:)

margarita159

HSC
the more i think about it, the worse i think i did, damn...:mad1: , the short answers were crap i think, but the essays were OK!, i did so many diagrams for the ecosystems... u got to love dorrigo, YEAH dorrigo, u heard me, most of you probably dont even know where it is, u city sklickers:confused:

lol Kate , u didnt prepare for 20, dont worry that band 6 still looks achieveable for u.

all i want is a low band 5 ... pplleeaasse:) :)

keepa04

HSC
-bridey- said:
not a bad exam must say much better than chemistry lol essays pretty good for once glad my teacher spent bout billion lessons blabbering bout pyrmont, ecosystem left me stuck for a while but got 5 pages in to keep the marker happy, good old predictable tourism

short answers were bad i liked ternary graph...but what was vertical exaggeration??

M/C werent bad for shadows i got 3pm but i was covinced they were facing east but yeh

anyways hoping for above 75 anywas see what geo bring

GOODLUCK WITH ALL YOUR EXAMS:)

yeh i agree i thought it was a great exam, my teacher was also obsessed with her beloved pyrmont so i knew that like the back of my hand (hey whered that mole come from??) ecosystem was def the worst but i still managed 7 pages. haha yeh we were doing tourism just b4 the exam so it was fresh in mind.

i reckon 9 am but i was looking at the wrong photo neway hahha, are shipping industries economic activities??? lol oh well all in all a good exam hoping for a solid band 5!!!

Amylou222

HSC
For vertical exaggeration I got 2.5
The formula is VE = Vertical scale divided by horizontal scale. I think.
Probably got the working out wrong somewhere but hopefully they'll still give me some marks. What did other people get?

Jay Grandi

HSC
margarita159 said:
the more i think about it, the worse i think i did, damn...:mad1: , the short answers were crap i think, but the essays were OK!, i did so many diagrams for the ecosystems... u got to love dorrigo, YEAH dorrigo, u heard me, most of you probably dont even know where it is, u city sklickers:confused:

lol Kate , u didnt prepare for 20, dont worry that band 6 still looks achieveable for u.

haha wholy crap! you think u did bad but still gunna get band 5! i need a uai of 65 =( to be primary teacher :p it sais i need an average mark of like 78 and i do mathemattics and advanced english and arghhh.. gay! haha ull be right

mouldy

HSC
margarita159 said:

Don't worry margarita159, you will definitely surprise yourself. You know how geography teachers love diagrams!

Did everyone get 2.5 for VE?

I worked out that i will hopefully get at least 83 raw, assuming i got as many right in the multiple choice as i think i did.

ddtng

HSC
A few things:

- What type of map was it?
- Was vertical exaggeration 0.4 or 2.5?
- How are we expected to fill a booklet with ONE urban dynamic?

Personally thought it was quite a challenging exam. Could've done better myself but over it now.

keepa04

HSC
ddtng said:
A few things:

- What type of map was it?
- Was vertical exaggeration 0.4 or 2.5?
- How are we expected to fill a booklet with ONE urban dynamic?

Personally thought it was quite a challenging exam. Could've done better myself but over it now.
chloropleth
i got 2 times, so im wrong there
i filled the booklet? pyrmont-urban consolidation

mouldy

HSC
I think it was quite a hard exam too.
I have never seen in any past papers ALL (besides world cities) questions come from the broadsheet like that! very weird.

I put (b) choropleth

chris28

HSC
simon1989 said:
i took the paper home and i still can't work out how to do that time of day question by looking at the photo and topo map. the only thing i could think of was shadows but that could be a cloud or something. any ideas anyone
You gotta use the shadows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)