General Thoughts: English–literacy (2 Viewers)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I remember reading something like: "Use THE image to write a short story." I thought the image was the whole page. Damn, I must've been hallucinating. Was it " Use ONE image to write a short story"?
Lol, i doubt you will get marked down for it. They never said you couldnt use more than one anyway. Only problem is, Did the quality of your exam go down because you tried to use all?

Cee.

HSC
I didn't liked the multiple choice. I always lose marks from there, hopefully the writing section will save me. Expecting a band five or perhaps lower.

K

khorne

idk...I thought it was pretty good...As for the short story, I had a pretty lame concept...

I chose the "watch" and wrote about an elderly lady, who wakes up and, upon seeing the date, circled in red, she goes about cleaning the house and preparing it for an arrival, then she departs to the train station to wait (watch comes in here). After several hours, she leaves, and a local boy asks her mum who she is waiting for, and it is then revealed she is waiting for her son, who died in the army. The mother comments that she will be "back there tomorrow", and the first line of the story is used to conclude it, showing the repeating cycle of her life.

specky2009

HSC
I thought it was alright actually. I did get a lot of b's though -__-
I screwed up my creative writing task, started in 1st person, and ended in 3rd. So I had to go back and rewrite the first half. Plus, the ladies kept running past the desks making loud noises!

C

caleb1993

I was just wondering if anyone else was alowed to get more paper for the extended responce.

My english teacher had told me prior to the exam that you could only use what you were given and it was only in the HSC that you could ask for more paper.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yep. I ran out out time while finishing off my story. It was about a kidnapping.
Mine wasn't as good as i planned. In mine a Prime Minister was killed ages ago and they were reinvestigating after finding his pocket watch, i made it clear that the watch was made in Germany using Swiss movement. In the end the guy notices that someone wrote "Made In The USSR" on the back of the dial in pen which was meant to be a clue as to who killed him.

Hehe a guy i know wrote about a watch which could time travel, knowing him it would have been hilarious. xD

K

khorne

you can ask for more I believe, but it is discouraged, since they all have to be marked.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I was just wondering if anyone else was alowed to get more paper for the extended responce.

My english teacher had told me prior to the exam that you could only use what you were given and it was only in the HSC that you could ask for more paper.
Im sure the supervisors told us that we could get more paper if it was needed.

Mudkip94

HSC
I couldn't think of anything :( I wrote about a mother writing in her diary about her son's death.

favorite_colour

HSC
i think i went good...filled the space to get an ace lol
wanted a speech and a naritive....winner
chose the key as my insparation anyone else kill off their charater

alex_ee

HSC
i thought that the short answers were hell hard.
so vague,
i ended up repeating myself a bit.

itszen

HSC
ASIAN FAIL ASIAN FAIL ASIAN FAIL ASIAN FAIL SO BADLYY ! My story suck like crap ! And the multichoice was pretty hard and boring too! Im just hoping to get into english adv. This is prob gonna be the worst sc exam this year.

chevlr

HSC
i thought that the short answers were hell hard.
so vague,
i ended up repeating myself a bit.
yeh, i think i used the same quote with hyperbole from the second panel in three of the questions

Vanatuhi

HSC
I wrote a really long metaphor how life was like the roll of a dice - unfathomable and unpredictable in it's nature.

Really, really long metaphor :p

When it came to the tiger guy in that cartoon for multiple choice, I swear he had no opinion whatsoever. He just kind of... stood there, looking bland... He wasn't supportive, 'cause of his comment at the end... I put professional.
I'm hoping for a good result.

I thought it was by far the easiest English exam i've ever done.
I'm usually terrible when it comes to English Exams...

zdxl

HSC
I wrote a really long metaphor how life was like the roll of a dice - unfathomable and unpredictable in it's nature.

When it came to the tiger guy in that cartoon for multiple choice, I swear he had no opinion whatsoever. He just kind of... stood there, looking bland... He wasn't supportive, 'cause of his comment at the end... I put professional.

He is seen helping Calvin push his cart up the hill.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I also put proffesional. The way he didnt comment much and acted all wise seemed to suggest that.

HSC
Uni Grad
I did alright... multiple choice imo was the hardest part since there's like two answers that are right and you doubt yourself so much...

For the creative writing, I wrote about what I wrote in the test and stops by (the pen thingo)

cricky78

HSC
i surprisingly found it easy and i actually finished early...... i used the key and my story was about how this person found the dice and then somehow got connected to a murder and is now in jail for 25 yrs
prelim courses:
standard english:angry::mad:
general maths:bomb:
chemistry
biology
ancient history:skip:

momoki

HSC
Aww I thought it was Panel 4, because he said something about boring flat surfaces, while Hobbes was pushing him at a high speed, with speed lines indicating bumping and such. o__O
hi -5 dude got the same as you. Was arguing over P4 or 6 but ended up with 4 cause it just seems more obvious...

Mudkip94

HSC
I chose the one where they were going downhill but the kid says "I only want ascensions in life" or something along those lines...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)