General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on the English SC Exam here.

spriinkles

HSC
the multiple choice was harder than i had expected based on previous tests
but other than that i thought it was fair enough... the speech was too easy!

GL1001

HSC
seemed fairly easy, anyone else use the dice to write about a gambler?

Calvin and Hobbes ftw

maths94

HSC
what image did every1 choose for the short story?

I chose the key. In my story it opened the gate/door to a scary/haunted house lol.

jesskies

HSC
I chose the dice.. but I didn't really incorporate it into my story. It was just a starting line.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
I chose the key as well but I used it as the killer had stolen a house key and to reach her victim all she had to do was unlock the backdoor. I also used it in the end with the police using a key to get into the killers flat to arrest her.

Multiple choice wasn't too bad but I'm not to sure about the speech.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It was awesome, despite MC. Wasn't sure about text 5, "the persona was sitting in a coffee shop...", was he satisfied with the change or was disinterested? :S The short story required more lines, 4 pages.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
I chose the key as well.. thought the speech was really easy, and multiple choice quite good, although i was unsure about a few

GL1001

HSC
It was awesome, despite MC. Wasn't sure about text 5, "the persona was sitting in a coffee shop...", was he satisfied with the change or was disinterested? :S The short story required more lines, 4 pages.
I choose disapproval :S, more of a guess than anything

salih08

HSC
easy test. some multiple choice qs a little hard but overall hopefully 85+

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
seemed fairly easy, anyone else use the dice to write about a gambler?

Calvin and Hobbes ftw
i chose the dice to write about a schitzophrenic self gambler that's kinda like twoface from batman :)
and calvin and hobbes ftw! however that has got to be one of the most unfunniest calvin and hobbes ever..
panel 6 was the ironic one, right?

FTW

HSC
I must agree with other people in saying that multiple choice was harder than I expected, but I suck at english so that might be just me.

I was glad that there was no obscure text type, that there was just a speech and a narrative. I chose the key, and almost every person in my school chose either the key or the watch.

occer

HSC
N/A
I lol'd when I saw Calvin and Hobbes although it wasn't a very funny one.

The MC was relatively hard. My speech amused me as I made the principal sound like an ecoterrorist and my story was pretty decent based on gambling (dice).

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Pretty good I reckon, but the thing with english is that you don't know what mark to expect until you get it back!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
My story was about the key.

It was about this mysterious door that appeared one day, and the main character was the only one who could see it. The door continued to be there until he was 16, which is the present time. On his 16th birthday, his grandfather gave him this family heirloom which was a silver key, which could open the door. The kid opens the door, black hands grab him, and he is taken down towards the never-ending abyss. :)

Nicko11

HSC
my teacher made us all prepare a narrative just in case it came up - which it did!!! hooray!! i thought it was reasonably easy, obviously some toughies in there but overall preety easy. except short answers, seemed to me like they ran out of questions haha, stupid short answers!

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
i chose the dice to write about a schitzophrenic self gambler that's kinda like twoface from batman :)
and calvin and hobbes ftw! however that has got to be one of the most unfunniest calvin and hobbes ever..
panel 6 was the ironic one, right?
Yes, Panel 6 was ironic because the protagonist stated "I will keep going up and up..." however it showed that he was descending in his vehicle , or it vice versa.

x-Manda-x

HSC
I thought it was a great exam. The extended response questions, were the same text types in our trial, so the year 10 at my school, had speech writing and narrative writing lectures from our english teachers. A few tricky multiple choice, short answers did seem to become a bit repeptitive after a while. . .

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, I chose the picture depicting the clock. My perspective was that time was like a measure of success or achievement you attain before it was too late, more about self perseverance to overcome adversities. Titled "Dark road to Utopia"because the protagonist endures hardship throughout journey of the story, when the clock shifted over time, he reached his goal.

BoS helped, I read a thread and found something a few days before exam about helping write a creative writing task. I used the person's building of tension through short shrap sentences. I used someone's idea of;

a
deep
sinking
feeling
began
to crawl back... (to reflect the change in time)

MC text 5 was a bitch, simply FML.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)