General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

SherwieKute

HSC
Re: how did you go?

did anyone get the investigation for treating water with the new product?? i didn't kno wat to dooo...><

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

gloworm14 said:
i actually thought the number of lines they gave us werent enough... lol

i kind of went down to the bottom of the page on the blood donation one....

how many pages did u do for the 7 marker for communication? i did two but i think most it was bs lol
They never give enough lines, ever bio question in the half yearly, trial and hsc i always go way outside the lines and i have small writing

Matt007123

HSC

SherwieKute said:
did anyone get the investigation for treating water with the new product?? i didn't kno wat to dooo...><
Yeah you just use the agar experiment

Matt007123

HSC

jozza80 said:
6 is sooooo D!

Refer to multi choice thread. Debate is there!

:)
Yeah i read that and did u read wat i said before about why it is C because it is

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

Daline said:
multiple choice i think i went okey- considering everyone elses answers.
any one else do Genetics: the code broken? the question asking to draw method of recombinant DNA stumped me- i ended up drawing crossing over during meiosis- which im pretty sure is wrong
Yer i did it, i thought the option was good, but it should have had a dihybrid cross and something on multiple alleles or polygenic inheritance

nasralla

HSC

aussiechick007 said:
^ no, if you get it half correct you get zero for it.

i put sieve plate and sieve tube....
its sieve plate and companion cell.. im screwd for that 6 marker in communication gathering secondary sources and first hand information on that stupid tympanic membrane.. what did u guys do?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A

dolbinau said:
For the 8 mark question I talked about our knowledge of the function of the blood (addreSsed the first part of the stimulus), our maintaining a balance knowledge for the second part, and our knowledge on the immune system for the last part. All determing how and why the blood bank system is used or whatever it was. The society impacts also worked well with the platelets and bacteria and the rest to have positive/negative. And I even got artificial blood in there too.

What was 6 and 8 of multiple choice? I did think I got 15 for it.
i put 6 D and 8 C.

nasralla

HSC

Darnie said:
haha
for a first hand investigation i said put the insect in a box with a speaker, and play a really loud sound and gauge it's reaction. then take the insect out, remove its front legs and place it back in the box. play the sound again and once again gauge its reaction. lol
fail.
and i thought to be the only dumbass in the state with that idea.. damn good-bye 6 marker!!!

HSC
gloworm14 said:
i think i stuffed up the water design experiment... :(
don't worry, those are 4 marks i pissed into the wind. my friend was telling me what she did when we finished, lol i screwed it up badly.

luucy

HSC
Anyone else screw the butterfly question up in genetics?

luucy

HSC
axlenatore said:
What did you do for it?
i wrote a bit about secondary sources and finding data on butterflys and if it was common for wings to turn out like that then it was down hill from there......i wrote something about determining the DNA sequence of the normal butterflys and comparing it then i said something about dihybrid......haha so incredibly wrong. How about you?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Overall it was a good test

The genetics option was strange though - 5 marks on butterflies, and 7 on health and disease.

Although I pretty sure I did a good job of them

YAY. no more bio ever!!! =] =]

dolbinau

HSC
fuck. I just realised in the 5 mark question about hormones/water and salt balance I only talked about Aldosterone. Max mark? (Plus Hormone replacement therapy as I thought for 5 marks I had to talk about a lot).

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
luucy said:
i wrote a bit about secondary sources and finding data on butterflys and if it was common for wings to turn out like that then it was down hill from there......i wrote something about determining the DNA sequence of the normal butterflys and comparing it then i said something about dihybrid......haha so incredibly wrong. How about you?
First hand investigation - Gene probe with a flurosent tag, which was complementary to the genes for wing size, and i said DNA hybridisation was used to split the double strands and the probe would bond to the gene if it was there. If the gene didnt exist in the parents then it had to be a mutation
then i said just comapre results with that of other scientist from other sources who have performs similar expierments with the same and a different method for reliabilty and validity

xJaix

HSC
I did Koch's postulates for the water one. I got a rat and tried to poison it then went from there with Koch's postulates. probably end up with a nice big fat zero for that one. :(

grr. the agar plate went right over my head.

anyone think I can get any marks for it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)