Future Plans (UAI/Uni/Tafe/Job) (2 Viewers)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
Re: What ATAR are you aiming for and realistically, what do you think you will get?

I dont want to rain on your parade or anything dude. But where did you get theinformation of getting bonus points for law@UTS? Because on UTS's website of bonus points, the bonus scheme doesn't cover law. The only uni that has bonus points for law is UWS in Sydney. Btw law@UTS is 98ATAR. Work hard you guys. =]
I've known people who live around this area who got 10 bonus points and got into law.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: What ATAR are you aiming for and realistically, what do you think you will get?

LOL

I used the umax thing shadowdude posted on the first page for my subjects and out of boredom and playing around I put in a uai of 1. Turns out to do THAT BAD i'd have to get 100th percentile in all of my subjects except in japanese extension (99.7th percentile). Little glitch? :p
Probably. You probably broke it!

Would be ecstatic with 94+

Though, a Q. My subjects - ESL/IPT/GMATHS/SENIOR SCIENCE/M.HISTORY

Any chance that I could get in thr 90's range with those subjects? I seem to be doing well in it.
You can get into the 90's, although with General Maths and Senior Science - don't bet on it.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

Aiming for 95.00 for B Science (Advanced) @ Usyd

I reckon I'd just make it over 90 by a bit.. probably would have to do a deal with the devil to get over 95

saberbladexx

HSC

Aiming for 95+, I'm pretty sure i can reach around ~96-98.5

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A

aiming for 99.55+ to get into combined law at USyd

studied quite a lot during the holidays and if i remain consistent
during the year i'm confident i can get that high :)

kyokaku92

HSC

90+ = aim, 95+ = bonus, 99+ = bullshit, 99.95 = Who the fuck calculated my ATAR?! (will also go nuts as well)

But generally 90+ is my aim. I won't be too disheartened if I get less because Macquarie/UTS/UNSW etc. require mid 80s for the course I want. :)

fully223

HSC
Re: Who's aiming for Medicine?

A ATAR of 85+ would be ideal.
Go into IT or a related field at Uni. While at uni get part time IT help desk job or retail.
Get hired in a decent job.
Save for European trip and World Cup 2014.

MetroMattums

HSC

Aiming for 99.95...

But will probably get something like 99.5 if I'm lazy like I am now... :(

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC

Lol.

HSC

Commerce/Science @ USYD.

proletariat

HSC
an atar of 99.95 would be ideal. Free lunch, and entry into medicine :D

With the amount of work I've done in the holidays though, its more like 59.99 D:

pandaaMONIA

HSC

Aiming for 95.
Will be happy with >90 :]

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Would be ecstatic with 94+

Though, a Q. My subjects - ESL/IPT/GMATHS/SENIOR SCIENCE/M.HISTORY

Any chance that I could get in thr 90's range with those subjects? I seem to be doing well in it.
There of course is a chance, but you're going to have to work your but off to off set the horrid scaling of general maths, Senior science and IPT.

Tofuu

HSC

i'm aiming for 99.95 ATAR, but realistically...*sigh*, rather not say

itszen

HSC

It should - heaps of people from my school in past years got into UTS law because of that reason :/

Macquarie gives bonus points too for the top 1 or 2 nominated candidates as well, which also covers law.
Do you have anymore of information of this bonus points scheme wheres you it counts into Law@Uts? Do you mean the EAS bonus scheme wheres if you go to a school thats in the 'priority' funding' list then you can get up to 5 bonus points?

Nyxie

HSC

Aiming for 90 ... but that's in an ideal world - anything above 80 or 85 would be fine. Still got my eye on that pretty 90+ though :D

victoria10

HSC

man everyones aiming high.

im aiming for like 70's for my ATAR, i only need over 60 to get into the college i wanna go to so pftt.

but i think i would die if i got in the 80's that would be like a "somebody pinch me" moment.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)