Freedom of information for raw marks (1 Viewer)

FTW

HSC
I don't know if it happened to you guys, but at my school we were made to sign this blue sheet which basically said, all our exams belong to them and they "retain the right to destroy them" and other stuff.

Will us signing this form prevent us from accessing our raw marks under the freedom of information act, because we legally gave our documents to the board?

Or will it still be possible, just more difficult for us to appeal due to this agreement?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, because it's still your personal information - which is what you apply under.

FTW

HSC
No, because it's still your personal information - which is what you apply under.
Ok so it shouldn't hinder our possibilities to get our raw marks, but why haven't I heard of this being done before? Was it done last year?
And if not, why start now?

The only reason I can think of is if the got annoyed at the amount of people applying for raw marks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That should not impact on your ability to request raw marks through FOI.

Also, ever since the Ombudsman's report BOS has taken a far more relaxed approach to FOI requests.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Got to give us what we want
Gotta give us what we need
Our freedom of speech is freedom or death
We got to fight the powers that be
Lemme hear you say
Fight the power

FTW

HSC
That should not impact on your ability to request raw marks through FOI.

Also, ever since the Ombudsman's report BOS has taken a far more relaxed approach to FOI requests.
Ok thanks, I just want to be able to stand a fair chance to attain my raw marks :)
It's good hearing that they have relaxed a bit, I knew how strict they could be a few years back.

HSC
N/A
Ohhh wow , i just thought it gave them the permission to use our answers as examples for next years kids or not.

You know how they do a band 5 example answer ect .. ect

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Use the form we have somewhere on the site. It'll be much cheaper that way.

herbs1

HSC
Dont they have a direct apply through students online?

o_0

HSC
if we apply using that form, is there 100% chance of obtaining raw marks?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The form here on BOS? Pretty much. I applied using that template and I got my marks, and I know of a few others who did the same thing. So probably not 100%, but like 95%. Though we haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet.

Dinamo

HSC
The form we sign is a void contract. Unless you're over the age of 18, your caregiver was not there so everything we sign has no legal bearing.

what my legal studies teacher told me anyway..

2011_

HSC
The form here on BOS? Pretty much. I applied using that template and I got my marks, and I know of a few others who did the same thing. So probably not 100%, but like 95%. Though we haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet.
I'm planning on applying so I'll let you know how I go in a few months :)

herbs1

HSC
The form we sign is a void contract. Unless you're over the age of 18, your caregiver was not there so everything we sign has no legal bearing.

what my legal studies teacher told me anyway..
A minor can make a legally binding contract for goods or services that are usual or appropriate to their way of life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)