Free Periods Good or bad (1 Viewer)

zxreth

HSC
got no free's sadly:bomb:but yeah it really depends on how you use the time. I mean if you have free's before a test then its awesome (that's if you study)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
got no free's sadly:bomb:but yeah it really depends on how you use the time. I mean if you have free's before a test then its awesome (that's if you study)
We have no school during tests which wins hands down.

musing

HSC
I do 13U and I have four free periods. :D

Only problem, it's in the MIDDLE of the day meaning I can't get out of school.

/cuttt

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
free periods are good
they are a time to relax, to catch up on work and to study :D

I've got 11 units and around 9 free periods a fortnight

ashy22

HSC
yeah, probably cos you are in year 11.

I get 8 a fortnight and sometimes they can be pretty damn pointless. Gotta escape the people who have frees with you all the time and distract you.
I'm in year 11 and i get 15 a fortnight!

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Just wait till year 12 midcourses, only 5-7 exams depending on your subjects (I had 5) spread over two weeks with NO classes in between...

I love school lately :)

brendroid

HSC
According to my mid-yearly exam timetable for next term (stupid school >.> Board was inspecting the hours or something so we had to do more >.>) I get about three days or so off out of five :D

brendroid

HSC
*addition to previous post:

And less exams means less subjects means more time for Extension 2 English and Art, which are really time consuming.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
i find that study periods in prelim are useless but in hsc year then you gotta use every minute

HSC
Uni Grad
apparently I'm doing 13 units and I only have one free period a fortnight, but in that free period, I actually have to do sport since the school makes us do sport in that period.....
sucks to be me....

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
don't see how free periods are 'bad'.. what do you have to lose? if anything, you have everything to gain during that 1 hour~

Amogh

HSC
N/A
don't see how free periods are 'bad'.. what do you have to lose? if anything, you have everything to gain during that 1 hour~
NSB kid said:
I don't come to school for frees.
...evidently there's a lot of emotional distress for teh typical nerd

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
My school has a year 12 specific area. It's a part of my school's "Senior Retention Policy" to keep us at school. (shitty western sydney ftw) No other grade is allowed to go in there. We also get lockers for the senior grades. There's about 70~.

I spend my free periods (8 a fortnight) in the year 12 area, doing my studies or my homeworks.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I have NO Study periods, %#^%#&^$ my school!! ahhhh, why do things have to be so different, such a Fu&ken imbalance, should be compulsory ;P at least 1 c'mon lol

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You're in year 11. I'm very sure you have to do a compulsory 12 units of study during your Preliminary HSC to obtain the Prelim. Certificate. I have 12 units, but I have two extension subjects, so I'm at school until about 5 two days of every week. Also, my school has no form of mandatory sport for year 12, so everyone in my year gets a minimum of 1 free period a week. I dropped a normal timetabled subject, so I get those 3 periods a week off entirely. That's the only reason why I have so many.

Depending on your school, you should be allowed to drop down to 10 units in year 12, but it won't be encouraged by your teachers if you're after an ATAR.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Free periods are good for catching up on work although admittedly they can get a bit boring sometimes when there's nothing to do.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You're in year 11. I'm very sure you have to do a compulsory 12 units of study during your Preliminary HSC to obtain the Prelim. Certificate. I have 12 units, but I have two extension subjects, so I'm at school until about 5 two days of every week. Also, my school has no form of mandatory sport for year 12, so everyone in my year gets a minimum of 1 free period a week. I dropped a normal timetabled subject, so I get those 3 periods a week off entirely. That's the only reason why I have so many.

Depending on your school, you should be allowed to drop down to 10 units in year 12, but it won't be encouraged by your teachers if you're after an ATAR.
yea i do 13 sry lol, got a bit side tracked to yr 12 , which would be 11 units lol, but still people have heaps of study periods in yr 11, guess just they way it is, just gotta suck it up and live with it ;P, the school's timetable doesn't allow it for 13 units i guess,

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Free periods are good for catching up on work although admittedly they can get a bit boring sometimes when there's nothing to do.
Which is why you take an iPod along, and stick it into 1 ear, while with the other ear you listen to your friends making jokes, and with your mouth replying to them :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)