Free Periods Good or bad (2 Viewers)

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
yeah but when we have study periods we have to go to the library and the librarians dont let us listen to music...basically no electronics

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but when we have study periods we have to go to the library and the librarians dont let us listen to music...basically no electronics
You are an unlucky one.

In our free periods we can go out of school, shops, home (if last period), come late (if first period), go anywhere in the school etc... and electronics are allowed anywhere, but talking softly in the library.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
yeah you can go home early and go school late if you have study period and the end or start of the day BUT i have mine during the day and they even mark you're name in the library during those times so you must be there

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You are an unlucky one.

In our free periods we can go out of school, shops, home (if last period), come late (if first period), go anywhere in the school etc... and electronics are allowed anywhere, but talking softly in the library.
That's pretty awesome. My school says we have to stay in the designated year 12 area/library during a free periods. We can go home early and come late, though. We just aren't allowed to leave school premises during the day. People in my grade do it anyway. Mostly dip shits that aren't going to get anything about an ATAR of 60, or shouldn't even be in school. Sick of them.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Free periods are awesome, and generally much more productive than working at home (harder to procrastinate with the failportal)

Except when you share frees with your friends, then there's a whole period gone :uhoh:

HSC
Uni Grad
Free periods are awesome, and generally much more productive than working at home (harder to procrastinate with the failportal)

Except when you share frees with your friends, then there's a whole period gone :uhoh:
haha gotta agree there :p
in fact, when working at home, I always become too tended to log onto facebook and go on the computer in general :L
that's why I try to either stay at school or go to the library to study. Keeps my productivity level high. xD

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You are an unlucky one.

Woooowwww!!, *wipes eyes*, what school do you go to lol, i wana come ;P, lucky

AbzMan

HSC
Tell me about it :p
I had 16 free periods out of 30 in one week >< We have 50 min periods and 6 periods in total. One day I had 5 frees with the only lesson being 6th period....DAM IT

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

Hahah AGREED. I can't study in my frees unless I'm alone or working with a highly motivated and study-oriented group. Mostly I go to the shops in my frees (three out of four frees are last period) and my other period I spend at the library with my friend. ;)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Tell me about it :p
I had 16 free periods out of 30 in one week >< We have 50 min periods and 6 periods in total. One day I had 5 frees with the only lesson being 6th period....DAM IT
Yeah that similar, except, my school has 5 periods that are 60 min ea per day. no frees

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
My school has 5 periods in a day, 4 on Wednesdays. But for our free periods (assuming you get one, I only do when we don't have a teacher), you're supposed to go the library...No one does though, we do whatever we want around the school :D

RoseLight

HSC
I get quite a few frees in my timetable, 8 every 10 days.

We go to the library or an empty classroom somewhere.

I really like them. I mostly get a lot of work done as I'm not at home and I'm in a studying atmosphere. Even those times I'm not doing much, it's a much-needed break and I find I work better when I've had it.

So I vote good. I can see why people can love them or hate them though.

klaris

HSC
Finding an empty classroom is best for frees, imo. The library is full of annoying, loud year seven kids and a nagging librarian.

I usually use my economics classroom when I have frees -- there isn't a class in there when I have frees and my teacher definitely doesn't mind. And the massive chalkboard is ace for mind maps etc.

:)

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Finding an empty classroom is best for frees, imo. The library is full of annoying, loud year seven kids and a nagging librarian.

I usually use my economics classroom when I have frees -- there isn't a class in there when I have frees and my teacher definitely doesn't mind. And the massive chalkboard is ace for mind maps etc.

:)
:O that is a good idea. Except the library at my school is quiet unless it's period 5 where it's full of extension people waiting for period 6 and after school lessons.

klaris

HSC
:O that is a good idea. Except the library at my school is quiet unless it's period 5 where it's full of extension people waiting for period 6 and after school lessons.
You're lucky. As I said, there are far too many distractions to actually use the library effectively.

I much prefer the classroom idea and my teacher(s) are only a few steps away, if I need help, which is an added perk.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay.

Frees at my school are referred to as 'study periods'. My school has 6 periods each day and you may be puzzled to why I have 27 "study periods" each fortnight (it's a rather complicated story) but it can be really hard to utilise them all properly. I will always do work in them (unless it's right after exams, in which I give myself permission to bludge for the rest of the year).

I can no longer sit near my friends because they just distract me.

klaris

HSC
None of my friends have frees when I do so I'm alone anywho. Although, some of my year twelve friends just don't go to class and we hang out then :)

mioumiou

HSC
I only have 1 free per fortnight and I've got 5 morning lessons every fortnight too..... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)