• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For those shortsighted (1 Viewer)

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
rozymisty why do u have so many health problems.

but i love glasses. i even bought a fake pair in india which have lens' with no power. i wish i had vizion problemzz or do i

georgefren

HSC
i have -6. but ive worn contacts since like year 8.

vanush, dont you dare wish that! i hate short sightedness, it's a bitch.

mecramarathon

HSC
duckcowhybrid said:
Back at the End of Year 5 I got these glasses that were 3.75 right eye and 3.025 left eye. This was after Year 4 when I first got my glasses. In year 9 towards then end I went to get my eyes checked up again and they had actually improved to 2.75 right eye and 2.25 left eye. So now I wear weaker glasses. I don't know how it happened, it just did.
did u spend more times outdoor and less time on the computer or wore a weaker prescription?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
My vision started to go all fuzzy at the start of this year... I had perfect vision before that. Now I can't read writing on the board from the front row.
I wear my glasses 24/7 now... I want to get contacts though.

Anyone heard of lasik??? I heard about it on TV... it's a laser operation on your corneas that adjusts vision somehow. Sounded pricy D:
Yeh, it's a form of laser surgery that reshapes the cornea, and i think the other form of laser surgery is PRK- i think that removes some of the cornea

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
duckcowhybrid said:
Back at the End of Year 5 I got these glasses that were 3.75 right eye and 3.025 left eye. This was after Year 4 when I first got my glasses. In year 9 towards then end I went to get my eyes checked up again and they had actually improved to 2.75 right eye and 2.25 left eye. So now I wear weaker glasses. I don't know how it happened, it just did.
that happened to my sister as well

as for me, I dont mind, I have contacts :p

rozymisty

HSC
vanush said:
rozymisty why do u have so many health problems.
lol i have no bloody idea!! Never been in hospital except for the past 2 yrs and thats only day surgery stuff, but yeah..would only ever get the odd cold and stuff.....mother nature is dealing me the bad cards lately.

I am about -8.75 in the left, and -7.5 or so in the right eye. My glasses are quite thick.

Contacts VERY rarely slide off. They are designed to stay on your lens part only. Sometimes yes they can be found on the side, but you would have to be like badly glassed or hit in the face and like your eyes roll right back and you lost consiciousness and the eye dried out...that may cause them to get stuck right at the back.

The soft ones seem better, more flexible and the hard ones, you have to get them in the right spot on the first go, much harder!!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I want to make passionate, messy, rough sex with rozymisty.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
around 0.7 lawlz. still need glasses though.

icecoffee

HSC
I can't even remember but i do need my eyes tested again since i've spent wayy too many late nights/early mornings in front of the computer this year.

Has anyone heard of contact lenses that are suppose to help correct your vision? You're suppose to wear them every night, even though you're not suppose to sleep with your lenses in), for these ones, you do. Well that's what my optometrist told my sister who told me.
I hope this is true, it sounds much less frightening than laser eye surgery!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Wore glasses when I was 5-6 because I was complaining that everything was fuzzy, missing the glass when I poured stuff etc. Hated them, never wore them unless I was forced and then somehow grew out of it and now have perfect vision. Win.

HSC
icecoffee said:
I can't even remember but i do need my eyes tested again since i've spent wayy too many late nights/early mornings in front of the computer this year.

Has anyone heard of contact lenses that are suppose to help correct your vision? You're suppose to wear them every night, even though you're not suppose to sleep with your lenses in), for these ones, you do. Well that's what my optometrist told my sister who told me.
I hope this is true, it sounds much less frightening than laser eye surgery!
yep yep orthokeratology aka. ortho-k, it TEMPORARILY corrects myopia . Unlike laser which is permanent =)

rozymisty said:
I am very short sighted!! To the point where one of my retinas tore due to the length of my eyeball.
shat good luck

rozymisty

HSC
lol dont worry i had an operation to fix it. Didnt think the flashes and stuff were anything...just like when you stand up too quick etc! Turns out i was wrong. Stupid hypercondria didnt pick up on that sign lol

Its just a risk you have when you get more and more short sighted, coz your eye ball goes longer and puts more pressure on the retina which is apparently really thin

nisseltaria

HSC
I cheated on my first eye test by accidentally memorising the chart as I walked past it on the way in to the office at school.
Got my first glasses 5 years later, both -1.00. Unfortunately I didn't bother wearing them so my left eye deteriorated. Since then I've taken to wearing my glasses 90+% of the time and the prescription has stabilised at -1.00(right) & -2.75(left).

Rainie

HSC
I started to get eyesight problems in year 7 :p When I did non-stop PC-ing and it really screwed my eyes. Each year with the exception of the the last two years jumped by 0.50 or 1.00 completely :cold:

My eyes are -1.50 (right) and -1.75 (left). My optomitrist says i'm developing Astigamtism :uhoh:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
this thread has reminded me i need my eyes tested and i need to replace my glasses

Bendent

HSC
mecramarathon said:
has anyone actually stopped their myopia (shortsightedness) from worsening or slowed its progress?

if u have plz share us your story

and don't tell me about eye exercises, they sooo don't work
usually it stops when ur 20 something or it just depends on genes

i think my eyesight worsening stopped recently even though i still stare at the computer/textbook all the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)