For those shortsighted (1 Viewer)

mecramarathon

HSC
has anyone actually stopped their myopia (shortsightedness) from worsening or slowed its progress?

if u have plz share us your story

and don't tell me about eye exercises, they sooo don't work

rozymisty

HSC
I am very short sighted!! To the point where one of my retinas tore due to the length of my eyeball. And as a result of the buckle put in, im more short sighted in the left eye.

I have tried wearing contacts for a while then got dry eyes and lazy with putting them in. Need to get a new script

I also need to get new glasses cz i find at times i cant see peoples faces clearly even when they are about 5m away.

Ever since i started going to the eye doc, they told me it wil get worse up till im 25 and then stay pretty much the same. I hope it doesnt get to much worse!!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
wow rozymisty, your eyes are insane.

My vision is pretty bad. Probably because of too much time on laptop, some time on DS, reading books, constantly reading/looking at something within 50cm of my eyes. So when i look at something further away, its like... whoa, i need some HD implants!!!

I use glasses, my latest prescription (my strongest one) i use for going out, my other pair (less strong) i use for laptop. I just checked now, if i take my glasses out i cant read what im typing. Thats fucked eh!
And my eyes sometimes hurt after playing for a few hrs, that gets annoying.

So yeah, im all up for suggestions to restore vision/calm and soothe eyes.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
WOW and here i was just going to say that i need to see the eye doc again because i believe i may actually have a degree of 2.00 now XD

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
idk the figures for my eyes but I do wear glasses and sometimes contacts, although i used to wear them all time time in highschool.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Im too afraid that if i got contacts i'd forget i was wearing them, so i'd rub my eyes, sleep with em, and get shards embedded in my eyeballz. For some reason i imagine the contact sliding around the eyeball and slicing the optic nerve, it probably never happens, im kinda sick in the head, i know..

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Omie Jay said:
Im too afraid that if i got contacts i'd forget i was wearing them, so i'd rub my eyes, sleep with em, and get shards embedded in my eyeballz. For some reason i imagine the contact sliding around the eyeball and slicing the optic nerve, it probably never happens, im kinda sick in the head, i know..
Same here, except for the slicing the optic nerve bit. But i could imagine it being lost and slowly sanding away my eye :S

johony

HSC
3.75 left
3.5 right

i much prefer using contacts, i absolutely loathe wearing glasses even though my optometrist says i should be wearing them more.

johony

HSC
annabackwards said:
Same here, except for the slicing the optic nerve bit. But i could imagine it being lost and slowly sanding away my eye :S
i've rubbed my eyes and have had contacts slide away into the edges of my eyeballs, they're too thick to go any further, and they're strong enough to not break up unless you try and pull them apart with your hands.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i hate being shortsighted. i cant read the prices at fast food places.
last yr i was 1.5 in left and a bit worse in right, need to go again in a couple of weeks

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
johony said:
i've rubbed my eyes and have had contacts slide away into the edges of my eyeballs, they're too thick to go any further, and they're strong enough to not break up unless you try and pull them apart with your hands.
lol, thats quite heavy duty.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
mecramarathon said:
has anyone actually stopped their myopia (shortsightedness) from worsening or slowed its progress?

if u have plz share us your story

and don't tell me about eye exercises, they sooo don't work
Back at the End of Year 5 I got these glasses that were 3.75 right eye and 3.025 left eye. This was after Year 4 when I first got my glasses. In year 9 towards then end I went to get my eyes checked up again and they had actually improved to 2.75 right eye and 2.25 left eye. So now I wear weaker glasses. I don't know how it happened, it just did.

aimhigh10

HSC
duckcowhybrid said:
Back at the End of Year 5 I got these glasses that were 3.75 right eye and 3.025 left eye. This was after Year 4 when I first got my glasses. In year 9 towards then end I went to get my eyes checked up again and they had actually improved to 2.75 right eye and 2.25 left eye. So now I wear weaker glasses. I don't know how it happened, it just did.
wow i want that to magically happen

my eyes at the moment are 2.25 right and 2.5 left......

suzlee

HSC
My vision started to go all fuzzy at the start of this year... I had perfect vision before that. Now I can't read writing on the board from the front row.
I wear my glasses 24/7 now... I want to get contacts though.

Anyone heard of lasik??? I heard about it on TV... it's a laser operation on your corneas that adjusts vision somehow. Sounded pricy D:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
its a couple of thousands of dollars i think...

i am shortsighted and wear glasses and contacts occasionally.

my right eye is worse than my left and i think they're both around 2.5 thereabouts.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
suzlee said:
Anyone heard of lasik??? I heard about it on TV... it's a laser operation on your corneas that adjusts vision somehow. Sounded pricy D:
You need to be in your twenties and have had steady vision for a few years. There's also a ~6% chance of complications, which can be much worse vision than you started with. 6% seems pretty fucked to me.

Glasses are sexy anyway. I'm going to get some fucking fat drew carey/buddy holly esque specs next time.

After my eyes stabilised in the past few years, I too ended up needing a weaker prescription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)